Play Book Tag discussion

Bruno, Chief of Police (Bruno, Chief of Police #1)
This topic is about Bruno, Chief of Police
Archive: Other Books > Bruno, Chief of Police by Martin Walker 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel N. | 1472 comments Bruno is chief of police in rural St. Denis, France. An elderly local man originally from Algeria and a French war hero is found murdered with a swastika carved in his chest. The case involves a lot of French history during WWII especially the involvement and treatment of Algerians who helped the French. Bruno was involved in the Balkan War and now enjoys his peaceful life in the countryside helping coach tennis and rugby in his spare time. I like Bruno as a character and appreciated learning more about French history and rural France. I'll be continuing this series.

message 2: by Jgrace (new) - added it

Jgrace | 2819 comments I keep meaning to look at this series. Thanks for the reminder.

Booknblues | 5794 comments As you know, this is a favorite series of mine, so I am thrilled to see somebody else start it as well. I'm so glad you liked it, Rachel. I think it gets better and better.

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2224 comments I read the first and enjoyed it but haven't gotten around to the rest of the series. I really should.

Booknblues | 5794 comments Bruno is a really cool guy and I love all the cooking and history in the books.