What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Ready, Set, Read--And Laugh!: A Funny Treasury for Beginning Readers
This topic is about Ready, Set, Read--And Laugh!
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Childrens compilation of short stories (1 was Amelia Bedelia), poems, rebus stories, and songs (1 was do your ears hang low). [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Meabeck | 2 comments Children's, hardcover, 1/2 inch-ish thick, yellow cover

I got it in the mid 1990's, I might have gotten it from a book order in school. I'm pretty sure is a new book at least.

It was a compilation of
-short stories (1 Amelia Bedelia files papers for her boss and I think there was something to do with a pie or a cake) (2 two brothers stay up late and see a report on TV that staying up late is bad for you, when they wake up they put on the wrong clothes and the older one thinks he shrunk and they younger one thinks he grew) (3 there were sheep doing something in town, I think one of them was having a birthday party)

-poems (I think there was at least 1 Shel Silverstein poem) (there was a story poem that was about a kid doing chores and messing up but they all rhymed, "he went outside to hang the clothes but hung his nose")

-rebus stories (the word "I" was replaced with a pic. of an "eye" and "can" was replaced with a pic. of a "tin can")

-songs (I remember "Do Your Ears Hang Low" but I think there were more. The words were with the music notes on sheet music.)

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16953 comments Ready, Set, Read--And Laugh!: A Funny Treasury for Beginning Readers

Sheep in a shop / Nancy Shaw --
Bigger and smaller from Big goof and little goof / Joanna and Philip Cole --
Pizza time from Fox on the job / James Marshall --
The riddles from three stories about Morris and Boris / Bernard Wiseman --
Come back, Amelia Bedelia / Peggy Parish --
Bugs / Karla Kuskin --
The birthday cow / Eve Merriam --
At the zoo / Myra Cohn Livingston --
People / William Jay Smith --
This tooth / Lee Bennett Hopkins --
The mailbox poem / Joanna Cole --
Spaghetti! Spaghetti! / Jack Prelutsky --
I made a mistake / Author unknown --
Hello, Bill / Author unknown --
Boom! Boom! / Arnold Lobel --
Weather report / Stephanie Calmenson --
Rain storm / Dr. Seuss --
March / Maurice Sendak --
Morning / Bobby Katz --
Fun and games, ABCD--
slurp! (riddles) --
We can fly! (a Rebus story) --
Betty's book shop (books you'll never see) --
I forgot! (a Rebus story) --
Do your ears hang low? (a song to sing and read) --
The dinosaur bone (a Rebus story) --
The noisy cow (a story that has no end).

Meabeck | 2 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Ready, Set, Read--And Laugh!: A Funny Treasury for Beginning Readers

Sheep in a shop / Nancy Shaw --
Bigger and smaller from Big goof and little goof / Joanna and Philip Cole --
Pizz..."

I've been looking for this book for close to 10 years. You found it in less than a day. This is amazing!

It was one of my favorite books when I was a kid and really wanted to have it in my classroom. Thank you so much!

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16953 comments You're welcome! Glad I was able to help out. I knew one of the stories was Come Back, Amelia Bedelia, so I looked for anthologies that had it and found this title right away. :)