Duodecathon discussion

Duodecathon 2018 > July 2018

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sawn (new)

Sawn | 5 comments So duodecathon is starting tomorrow. What are you planning to read?

I’m super late on these challenges so i might read two or three books this week.

Binti (award winning book)
Wonder (A 2018 bestseller)
antihero (deadpool)

message 2: by Sawn (new)

Sawn | 5 comments I forgot to write this. It’s from 22/7 to 28/7 !

message 3: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 48 comments I'm planning on reading No Easy Way Out for the challenge Read the Second Book in a Series!

message 4: by meltem (last edited Jul 28, 2018 11:24AM) (new)

meltem (merutemudesu) I started Autumn by Ali Smith for the award winning book challenge yesterday. Haven't read that much but I'm liking her style for now and I hope I can finish it in time lol.

message 5: by Helen (new)

Helen (helenmccolpin) I’m hoping to read ~at least~ one book a day including Frankenstein which is my summer assigned reading!

message 6: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 17 comments I'm tentatively planning to read The Night Circus for the "read a recommended book" challenge. But I always plan to read TNC and usually find something else to read, so I'll have to see.

Happy Reading to you all! :-)

message 7: by Rianne (new)

Rianne Warmerdam I am reading Waking the Moon by Elizabeth Hand. I have heard nothing about this book, bought it in a second hand bookstore, but it sounds interesting. It is for the birthyear challenge. It is from 1995.

message 8: by Melanie (last edited Jul 29, 2018 11:11AM) (new)

Melanie Harrington | 1 comments I'm gonna update this post as I move through the read-a-thon. I'm late joining in this year and am behind on the challenges so I'm aiming to do multiple challenges.

TBR: The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan (great first line challenge); The Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #2) by Rick Riordan (second book in a series challenge); Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5) by Laini Taylor (a book with multiple POVs challenge); Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor

7/22: 152pgs of The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan
7/23: none
7/24: 2hrs 47mins of Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5) by Laini Taylor (FINISHED); 33pgs of The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan
7/25: 3hrs 46mins 47sec of Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor
7/26: 3hrs 10mins 14sec of Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor ; 96 pgs of The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan
7/27: 3hrs 39mins 38sec of Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor
7/28: none

Books Finished: Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5) by Laini Taylor
Total Pages Read: 281
Total Time Listened: 13hrs 23mins 39sec

ThePreciousLife808 | 1 comments I am reading A Torch Against the Night. Which falls under the second book in the series. :)

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily I’m working on my birth year book. I’m tackling a nonfiction book about living with ADD called Driven to Distraction. I promise I also read more entertaining books as well. 😊

message 11: by meltem (new)

meltem (merutemudesu) Hello again! I finished Autumn 2 days ago and I really liked Ali Smith's writing. I haven't rated it yet; I'm thinking about reading other's reviews to shape my thoughts up about it.

message 12: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 48 comments Just finished no easy way out today! Haven’t rated it yet but I did like it a bit more than the first one

message 13: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 17 comments Oops, looks like I never came back in here to tell you that for July's Duodecathon, I instead read Jaws by Peter Benchley for the "A book published the year you were born" task. :-)

Jaws by Peter Benchley
I read this book July 27th.