Play Book Tag discussion

July 2018: Dystopian > The Selection, by Kiera Cass (3 stars)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2220 comments Froth, frocks and non sequiturs. I alternate between really liking America’s straight talking and humour, and despairing of her intelligence. The social structure makes no sense. The Selection is everything I hate about reality TV
(which is everything). The rebels are seemingly entirely without a cause except to be a plot device to introduce danger. The love triangle makes me want to smack someone. But it was a ridiculously cheerful read for a wet Saturday morning. And I’ve ordered the second one from the library. Yes, really.

message 2: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 1493 comments Ha! Yes!!! I'm not the only one :) I totally agree... I've never watched the Bachelor and am not a big fan of most reality shows. The whole book drove me crazy and I have no clue why I got so addicted to it. You find out more about the rebels and their plight in either the 2nd or 3rd book (can't remember they all blend together). The next two books were the same if not worse and I just could stop. I took a break before I read 4 and 5. I switch back and am reading the 2nd book of the Wool series.

message 3: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4916 comments I loathe reality TV, so I think I will skip this one, thanks!

message 4: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2220 comments I know, right. Every feminist bone in my body rejects this book and yet here I am, eating popcorn...