Star Wars Bookworms Book Club discussion

The Clone Wars Reading in Preparation for its Revival

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pete (new)

Pete Hale (petehale) I am about to finish Dark Disciple, based on unproduced The Clone Wars episodes. Now at Comic-Con it has been revealed that all-new episodes are being released, what are books based on the series you want to read? I personally want to read The Clone Wars tie-ins like Wild Space.

message 2: by Pete (new)

Pete Hale (petehale) I just finished the book. Better find some more TCW reading...

message 3: by Pete (last edited Jul 21, 2018 10:02AM) (new)

Pete Hale (petehale) Here is a list of SW books in a series after Attack of the Clones called "Clone Wars" which is not a direct tie-in to The Clone Wars, it'd be fun to familiarize yourself with the era again. I plan to start soon:

Shatterpoint
Legacy of the Jedi
The Cestus Deception
The Hive
Battle Surgeons
Jedi Healer
Jedi Trial
Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

message 4: by Pete (new)

Pete Hale (petehale) Just found two more books from a series called Clone Wars Gambit.
Here:

Stealth
Siege

message 5: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Hobbick (chobbick) | 97 comments I've read all the clone wars. I've read half the Star Wars novels in existence. I printed out a large checklist of the legends Timeline. It put all the books, short stories, and comics in order by time. I've already finished the cannon Timeline until the new books come out like Thrawn and the padme novel. But I have read half of the legends Timeline. Just look at the books I've read.

message 6: by Pete (new)

Pete Hale (petehale) Caleb wrote: "I've read all the clone wars. I've read half the Star Wars novels in existence. I printed out a large checklist of the legends Timeline. It put all the books, short stories, and comics in order by ..."

Thanks for responding. Please spread the word of this discussion to everyone, I'd like some more suggestions and opinions.

message 7: by Pete (new)

Pete Hale (petehale) Hre's another!: Labyrinth of Evil

message 8: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy Campbell | 1 comments I remember Labyrinth of Evil. It’s more of a tie-in to Revenge of the Sith. It’s a good book from what i can remember. I think I read it a couple of years ago

message 9: by Brian (new)

Brian francis (shinsengumibri) | 2 comments the boba fett series

message 10: by Pete (new)

Pete Hale (petehale) Yeah. I had that one on my spin-off topic (which you've seen.)

message 11: by Pete (new)

Pete Hale (petehale) Jeremy wrote: "I remember Labyrinth of Evil. It’s more of a tie-in to Revenge of the Sith. It’s a good book from what i can remember. I think I read it a couple of years ago"

I know its a tie-in, because TCW's unmade last episodes were supposed to be tie-ins to the beginning of ROTS.

DiscoSpacePanther | 11 comments I’ve just read Clone Wars Gambit: Stealth and Siege whilst on holiday - I would definitely recommend them to fans of the show. Lots of Obi-Wan and Anakin action (although not enough Ahsoka or Rex).

They are much better than Karen Miller’s other Clone Wars novel, Wild Space, which is itself worth reading if you are a fan - plenty of Bail Organa in it!

DiscoSpacePanther | 11 comments Also - Karen Traviss’s Republic Commando series (Which was a tie in to the video game of the same name, and which starts off at the Battle of Geonosis) is awesome. It starts off following Omega Squad, and then adds in Delta Squad from the game in later novels.

There is a brief tie-in with The Clone Wars TV show, as Delta Squad show up in one of the episodes. Also, Gregor who shows up in both The Clone Wars and Rebels is a Republic Clone Commando.

Highly recommended, particularly the first novel, Star Wars: Republic Commando: Hard Contact.

message 14: by Pete (new)

Pete Hale (petehale) I remember the Gregor episode. I want to read the Commando novels since the game's so cool.

message 15: by Pete (last edited Jul 24, 2018 09:52AM) (new)

Pete Hale (petehale) DiscoSpacePanther wrote: "I’ve just read Clone Wars Gambit: Stealth and Siege whilst on holiday - I would definitely recommend them to fans of the show. Lots of Obi-Wan and Anakin action (although not enough Ahsoka or Rex)...."

Had no idea Ashoka and/or Rex were even in the book. I just was suggesting it because it was in that era.

message 16: by Pete (new)

Pete Hale (petehale) Let us not forget Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir. This is a TCW tie-in.

message 17: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (hillybear_readstomuch) Reading Shatterpoint and wasn't the biggest fan of it but I read it because I really like Mace Windu. Read Battle Surgeons and Jedi Healer, those were awesome. Read the first two books of Karen Traviss' Republic Commando series. I need to finish the rest of the series.