Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Opposition (Lux, #5)
This topic is about Opposition
Previous BRs - Authors; A - D > Armentrout, Jennifer L--Opposition informal buddy reads starts July 23, 2018

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30803 comments Mod
This thread is open to discuss Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

Synopsis
Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing..

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

~ Buddy Style Reads ~
    Three Ways to Enjoy a Book!
At NRBC we use three styles of buddy reads. These will be indicated in the thread title as “Buddy Read”, “Relaxed Buddy Read” or “Informal Buddy Read”.
A “Buddy Read” has a discussion leader and a reading date is set to start the book. A reading schedule is posted prior to the start date and discussion questions are posted each day regarding that section of the book. More information about these types of reads is below. An example is here, showing a reading schedule here.

A “Relaxed Buddy Read” is similar to our usual “buddy reads” except there are less questions and break points. For example, a book may be split into three sections and those reading the book should pause at the end of the section to answer some discussion questions, make comments, or ask their own questions to other readers. An example is here.

An “Informal Buddy Read” doesn’t have a discussion leader and participants are asked to consider some generic questions when making comments about the book. An example is here.

A “Read and Watch Buddy Read” may be set up as any of the above, but we will also watch the movie or T.V. series - or even go to a play! - and make comparisons, discussing what has been left out or changed as well as the actors and actresses. There is a long debate of what one should do first: read the books or watch the movie? We usually read first, but it isn’t essential. Also, if you would like to join in, but don’t want to watch the movie, show, or play, but only read the books, that is fine, too. An example is here.

MORE UNDER SPOILER
(view spoiler)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

re

Teri | 673 comments So excited! That last one--these cliffy's are brutal!

message 5: by Ora (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ora (oeamis) I am planning on starting Monday.

message 6: by Ora (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ora (oeamis) I am going to start the audio in a little bit.

message 7: by Ora (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ora (oeamis) Currently listening to chapter 3

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Ora (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ora (oeamis) so I will have add to my above statement
(view spoiler)

message 9: by Ora (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ora (oeamis) Chapter 10

I'm still angry with Dee, however it makes sense now. (view spoiler)

Saudi (not sure if that's how it's spelled in book) (view spoiler)

Luc is awesome!

Nancy Husher (view spoiler)

message 10: by Ora (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ora (oeamis) I finished. I will chat more after everyone has a chance to read it.

message 11: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 673 comments page 100
I am a little distraught
(view spoiler)

message 12: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 673 comments page 150
(view spoiler)

Joanne | 3205 comments I’m on Chapter 5

(view spoiler)

Joanne | 3205 comments Just read a bit further and WHAT???(view spoiler)

message 15: by Ora (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ora (oeamis) Teri wrote: "page 150
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 16: by Ora (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ora (oeamis) Joanne wrote: "Just read a bit further and WHAT???[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 17: by Joanne (last edited Jul 25, 2018 09:13PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joanne | 3205 comments Chapter 13

(view spoiler)

I think I may have read the series too fast. Kind of sick of these books and they just seem to get more and more ridiculous. They're fun, but I'm glad this is the last one.

message 18: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 673 comments Ora wrote: "Joanne wrote: "Just read a bit further and WHAT???[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

Yeah, I put that in my review, too...so disappointed about that

message 19: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 673 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

Joanne | 3205 comments Finished

(view spoiler)

message 21: by Ora (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ora (oeamis) Joanne wrote: "Finished

The last couple books have a bit too much sappy love stuff for me. I got sick of reading their love scenes after awhile.

Was so sad when Katy's mother turned around and she saw the brigh..."

Luc's story will be coming out Oct 30th The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Joanne | 3205 comments Ooooooohhhh, and that cover is so pretty!