Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 62K Contemporary YA Novel About Bullying and Its Consequences

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Iris (new)

Iris Dorbian | 1 comments I'm seeking a few beta readers for my completed manuscript--a contemporary young adult novel about a smart and sensitive teen who is pushed too far by a bully and snaps. She's arrested for assault and battery and as a condition of her probation, she's sentenced to an unusual form of rehabilitation. It's inspired by a real-life program.

message 2: by Bob (new)

Bob Rich | 38 comments Iris wrote: "I'm seeking a few beta readers for my completed manuscript--a contemporary young adult novel about a smart and sensitive teen who is pushed too far by a bully and snaps. She's arrested for assault ..."
I am happy to do a beta read of this, since I am passionately against bullying.
Please email me bob@bobswriting.com

I urgently need a beta read of a science fiction story, and hope we can swap:

How can one person save a doomed planet, a doomed humanity? This is the task the alien sets Bill.
Look around our world. We are now in Earth’s 6th great extinction event. Galloping climate change is only one of the reasons, but the deadliest.
The global economic system is designed to do two things: rob the 99% to further enrich the super-wealthy, and is a device for turning nature into pollution, in order to increase the number of zeros in certain computers. How sane is that?
The alien, whom Bill has named Merlin, tells him there are millions of other places of sentient life within our galaxy. However, over its billions of years of existence, Merlin has never observed certain things that happen on earth. Examples are:
Nuclear war.
The deliberate killing of noncombatants in wars.
Sexual abuse of children.
The accumulation of wealth to the point where the owner cannot possibly benefit from it.
Merlin’s conclusion is that there must something unique about us: a force that is deliberately driving us to extinction.
And yes, Bill is the person who is required to reverse all this.
But then, the alien had specially bred him. And there is an Enemy, who knows Bill’s real identity, although Bill doesn’t.

message 3: by Bob (new)

Bob Rich | 38 comments JE wrote: "Hi Iris,

I am also looking for some Beta readers a 54K manuscript of indeterminate genre (the best I've come up with thus far is literary slacker revenge comedy). Is there any chance you'd be wil..."

Jeff, please read what I wrote to Iris.
Want to do a beta swap with me?
I intend to enter this book in a contest with an early August deadline, so am keen for quick feedback.
bob@bobswriting.com