What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Book about prehistoric sea life with a display about convergent evolution with a shark, a dolphin, and an Icthyosaur, and some gars/piranhas/salmon. Lots of trilobites and a diagram of geologic time as well.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luke (last edited Jul 20, 2018 06:00PM) (new)

Luke | 1 comments This was a pretty small, somewhat square and hardcover book if I remember correctly? It was full of wacky drawings, including a cartoon saying something along the lines of "if Opabinia was our ancestor," a picture of prehistoric sea life as fishing catches, a display with strange prehistoric sharks, some pictures of Helocoprion discussing different interpretations of its jaw, a display about convergent evolution with a shark, a dolphin, and an Icthyosaur, and some gars/piranhas/salmon. Lots of trilobites and a diagram of geologic time as well. I really want to find this, but have no idea how I can (I can't find any of the artwork on google images, and only remember the general topic and some physical/artistic characteristics. With the information I have, I'm not finding it in the catalog of the library I used to get it from. Last read around 2010?

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
What age is it aimed at? Did it seem old or new when you read it?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
Luke, are you still looking for this or did you find it?