Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - General > Suggestion Box

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1262 comments Mod
Do you have a suggestion or idea that you think might benefit the group? Post it here and the moderators will take it into consideration. Thank you and Happy Reading!

message 2: by ConnieD (new)

ConnieD (bookwithcat) | 558 comments Would it be possible to Archive most of the games and start new threads for them. My app has a hard time for topics with 1,000s of posts.
It's the same way on my phone and my tablet, so I don't think it's just me but idk.

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) No worries - Connie! I do that for you!

message 4: by Craig (new)

Craig Kingsman (craigkingsman) | 1 comments I'm dropping this group because last night I got twelve emails with the same message. I get enough spam from real spammers.

message 5: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1262 comments Mod
Craig wrote: "I'm dropping this group because last night I got twelve emails with the same message. I get enough spam from real spammers."

Sorry to see you go Craig. There is a setting that allows you to be notified when a group starts a new book. We generally have 9 to 10 new books every month, you must get individual notifications.

˜”*°•.˜”*°• Sheri  •°*”˜.•°*”˜ | 1473 comments Mod
At the end of the month I get a bunch of emails too but I like knowing what’s coming up. Sorry you’re leaving us Craig. Hope to see you around Goodreads.

message 7: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Craig wrote: "I'm dropping this group because last night I got twelve emails with the same message. I get enough spam from real spammers."

Sorry, you are leaving Craig - you need to go to your profile - go to the heading - Group Email Preferences and change your preferences for each group:

1. digest
2. individual
3. all
4. notification only
5. none

message 8: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Daly | 142 comments Gee Craig, I’m sorry you got overwhelmed by all the
“Spam mailers”, that you got at the end there. I hate to see you go. Maybe don’t craze yourself w/all of them by not opening all of from the same sender? I have the emails show first sentence so I can tell on repeats.

message 9: by ConnieD (new)

ConnieD (bookwithcat) | 558 comments Jenny wrote: "No worries - Connie! I do that for you!"

Thanks!

message 10: by Jezzy (new)

Jezzy | 3927 comments guys, I suggest to use 'notifications only' instead of receiving daily numerous email overflowing your inbox.

message 11: by Aspen (new)

Aspen Woods (goodreadscomaspenwoods) | 1 comments I would like to suggest a new title for the upcoming book list.

Silence Under the Stars

message 12: by Loukas (new)

Loukas Papacosta | 5 comments How about country of the month and we read books set in that country?
It was a great success in another group. All my books are set in Greece so I was invited that month and gave away prizes.

Luke Christodoulou

message 13: by Diane-OP (new)

Diane-OP | 1027 comments I like the Country of the Month idea!

message 14: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1262 comments Mod
Loukas wrote: "How about country of the month and we read books set in that country?
It was a great success in another group. All my books are set in Greece so I was invited that month and gave away prizes.

Let me run that by the other moderators and get their opinions.

message 15: by Travelisfers (new)

Travelisfers | 3 comments I think that's a great idea! I've started to pair books with countries on my other platform! Love this idea!!!

message 16: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Gem wrote: "Loukas wrote: "How about country of the month and we read books set in that country?
It was a great success in another group. All my books are set in Greece so I was invited that month and gave awa..."

I think this is a great idea. One thing I not sure about is handing out prizes.

message 17: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Kyle | 13 comments I, too, like the idea of country of the month. Thanks to this group, I read and greatly enjoyed 2 of Jane Harper's books, both set in Australia.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Silence Under the Stars (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Luke Christodoulou (other topics)