Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Buddy Reads > Buddy Reads (Ideas & How to's)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1273 comments Mod
Please use this discussion to suggest possible Buddy Reads. Anyone interested in participating should indicate such. You'll need to agree on the book(s) and reading pace. You can then open a discussion in this folder: Include the title of the book, the start and end dates of your buddy read. Please be sure to mark spoilers!

If you need help opening a discussion feel free to contact a moderator and we'll be glad to help. These discussions will be member lead.

message 2: by Lynn (last edited Aug 01, 2018 11:24PM) (new)

Lynn | 15 comments Hi, everyone. After reading (and enjoying!) this month's cozy corner selection, A Pie to Die for, I have decided I will continue on reading the "Bakery Detectives" series (books #2-#15). I would like to discuss them with someone. I'd also be okay with just discussing the next couple of books only. If you're interested in being my book buddy, please let me know. I am ready to begin chatting whenever you are :)

message 3: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1273 comments Mod
Dlyn wrote: "Hi, everyone. After reading (and enjoying!) this month's cozy corner selection, A Pie to Die for, I have decided I will continue on reading the "Bakery Detectives" series (books #2-..."
I wish I could, my library doesn't have any of Stacey Alabaster's books.

message 4: by Skye (new)

Skye | 200 comments It sounds so good, too.

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen (karen94066) | 264 comments Not in my library either

message 6: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Dlyn wrote: "Hi, everyone. After reading (and enjoying!) this month's cozy corner selection, A Pie to Die for, I have decided I will continue on reading the "Bakery Detectives" series (books #2-..."

I will buddy read with you Dlyn. I will set up a thread for you and me to discuss this series.

message 7: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Would anyone be interested in discussing Stranger with My Face by Lois Duncan? It's a YA mystery that sounds so intriguing. We could read it in July or August even. Please let me know if anyone is interested :)

message 8: by Lisa, Moderator (new)

Lisa | 337 comments Mod
D.L. wrote: "Would anyone be interested in discussing Stranger with My Face by Lois Duncan? It's a YA mystery that sounds so intriguing. We could read it in July or August even. Ple..."

Hi D.L., did you ever read this one? The author's name sounded familiar, so I looked at her list, and I think I read Summer of Fear when I was a kid.

message 9: by Sunshine (new)

Sunshine | 124 comments Hey, all. I want to start the Spenser series by Robert B. Parker soon. I specifically want to read book 1 The Godwulf Manuscript in December or even late November. Is anyone interested in discussing it with me?

message 10: by Hima (new)

Hima (fictionalhima) | 2 comments Hi guys! I was planning on reading: every vow you break by Peter Swanson. I’d love to read and discuss it with someone so who’s up for a buddy read?

message 11: by Jodie (new)

Jodie Rennie (jodierennie) Hi! I am new to the group and love mysteries and psychological thrillers. I’m looking for a buddy read. Any one looking to read with a partner? I’m open on title and dates.

message 12: by James (new)

James Tidd | 142 comments Hi, I am hoping to find a reading partner for Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian. I have seen the TV adaptation which was superb. I have read 3 chapters of the book, which has been good thus far. Let me know if anyone is interested.

message 13: by Lisa, Moderator (new)

Lisa | 337 comments Mod
Hi! If anyone is looking for some good fall/winter reads, check out the Collection Group Reads thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

The current collection theme was inspired by my interest in reading authors of ethnicities and countries of origin different than my own, and different from those of most mystery authors that I have read over the years. Over the last year or so, I've read several novels by Walter Mosley, Steven Graham Jones, and Keigo Higashino, to great enjoyment. The change in perspective was striking and rather wonderful.

Come take a look at the reads scheduled for the next few months, and join us!