YA LGBT Books discussion

New Releases > October 2018 New Releases

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rez (new)

Rez Delnava (rez_delnava) | 593 comments This is for YA books with significant LGBTQ content released in October 2018 - anyone can post books here (author or not.) If the book is on Goodreads please link it (and maybe show us the cover.) If you read it, feel free to add a short comment or synopsis. Consider also adding the book to our group bookshelf.

Thanks for helping to keep our group up to date.

message 2: by Rez (last edited Jul 22, 2018 03:45PM) (new)

Rez Delnava (rez_delnava) | 593 comments .
(Don't) Call Me Crazy by Kelly Jensen (Don't) Call Me Crazy Short story collection about mental health featuring Meredith Russo, Shaun David Hutchinson, and Adam Silvera among others. Releases October 2nd.

What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera. Releases October 9th.

Alan Cole Doesn't Dance by Eric Bell Alan Cole Doesn't Dance by Eric Bell. The YA follow-up to the middlegrade Alan Cole Is Not a Coward. Releases October 9th.

Black Wings Beating (Skybound #1) by Alex London Black Wings Beating by Alex London. Releases October 9th.

The Law of Inertia by S. Gonzales The Law of Inertia by S. Gonzales. Releases October 16th.

Jack of Hearts (and Other Parts) by Lev A.C. Rosen Jack of Hearts by Lev A.C. Rosen. Releases October 30th.

This Is Kind of an Epic Love Story by Kheryn Callender This Is Kind of an Epic Love Story by Kheryn Callender. Releases October 30th.

message 3: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16659 comments Thanks for all the listings and starting the thread.

message 4: by Jay (new)

Jay | 136 comments Just to be clear, What If It's Us is not just by Becky, but co-written with Adam Silvera.

message 5: by Kaje (last edited Jul 21, 2018 02:01PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16659 comments Jay wrote: "Just to be clear, What If It's Us is not just by Becky, but co-written with Adam Silvera."

Yes, thanks. It's a bit frustrating that GR often does not display second authors except on the book page. I'm looking forward to how those two work together, since they have different writing styles.

message 6: by Rez (new)

Rez Delnava (rez_delnava) | 593 comments Jay wrote: "Just to be clear, What If It's Us is not just by Becky, but co-written with Adam Silvera."

Thanks for catching that. Fixed it. I've been anticipating that one for so long that I just rushed through entering it on the list and missed adding Silvera.

message 7: by Jay (new)

Jay | 136 comments No worries. Really looking forward to it myself.

message 8: by S.M. (new)

S.M. James | 7 comments No Big Deal (#lovehim #1.5) by S.M. James

Releases Oct 23rd

message 9: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16659 comments Book 3 to David Levithan's Every Day series releases October 2nd - Someday Someday (Every Day #3) by David Levithan

message 10: by Lyan (last edited Dec 23, 2018 08:23AM) (new)

Lyan Al-Sabti (lyan99) | 2 comments My debut novel, Giving Form to Air was released on October 29. It is a magical realism novel, highlighting queer love and heartbreak in high school.

message 11: by Norman (new)

Norman Mathews | 6 comments The Wrong Side of the Room A Life in Music Theater by Norman Mathews
The Wrong Side of the Room: A Life in Music Theater|40816265] is both a harrowing coming-out autobiography, as well as an uplifting tale of the author who made a fascinating career for himself in musical theater.