What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA, Dystopian, SciFi novel where several young adults compete against each other for a common goal. Read around 2014-2015.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Ikowe | 1 comments I remember reading this book maybe 3 or 4 years ago. I was searching for something to read after finishing Maze Runner and happened across this book. The details I remember are very vague, but the most notable part of the plot is that there's a big puzzle to be solved by a bunch of young adults and teenagers. They end up training since childhood to accomplish some sort of goal along the lines of;
1) Solving a huge complex puzzle
2) Eliminating other participants
3) Maybe entering a maze or testing area at some point.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Tris (new)

Tris Crescent | 86 comments Maybe “Endgame: The Calling” by James Frey? {can’t link- on mobile}. This is book one in the series, and it came out in 2014.
The participants in this survival-game are young adults, ranging in age from 12-17 years old. They have to solve this giant puzzle to try to save the lives of everyone in their ancestry line. These participants have been training their entire lives for this moment. Only one person can win, and part of what they have to do includes eliminating the others.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38268 comments Mod
Kevin, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hoople | 6 comments Perhaps The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau? Doesn't match your description exactly but has lots of similarities and often given as a read-alike for The Maze Runner.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16964 comments The Testing for Rachel's suggestion.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Testing (other topics)