Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2018 Challenge Archive > 2018 August Word Hunt

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20406 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 31 August 2018

This challenge is to see if you can find all the words listed below within your reading for the month. You do not need to preselect a level.

The maximum number of words for each book is THREE. There is no page limit.

0-3 words : better luck next time
3-5 words : warming up
6-8 words : getting hotter
9-10 words : CHAMPION hunter!

August
ballroom
bead
biology
coconut
crutch
frost
motion
storm
swamp
wander

Bonus
For our over-achievers who just need some extra words because the above weren't enough...

Unlike with the 10 words above - you must find the EXACT word to claim these bonus words, and I try to make them hard.

ambient
drowning
hoof
imposter
unequal

and a bonus bonus
sawdust

To prove that you have found the word, please quote the page, percentage or LOC (Kindle) and include the sentence in which it appears.

Audiobooks are allowed so long as you can quote the page/%/LOC and the sentence. (Eg Using whispersync or finding that sentence in some other way.)

You must find the actual word or the word's root word must be at the core with the meaning essentially remaining the same ~ just turned into a noun, adjective, adverb etc. No prefixes or hyphenated extensions. An extension is allowed where it is often the accepted spelling eg goodbye or good-bye.

Where a word has more than one meaning, either meaning may be used. Eg coast (beachfront) or coast (moving without effort) etc

Please post all entries, updates, final posts and questions in this thread.

Examples for 'Reversal'
Reverse - Laser Visions √ 15 May
p50-51 : There were a couple of bands Tam had that this person didn't, but none in the reverse.

Reversing - Sunset √ 10 Jul
p204 : Reversing his grip on his katana, he held it out to Nick.

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20406 comments Example post:

Word Hunt - January
1 Jan - 31 Jan 2015

Word found: 10/10
Book completed: 7

Merry Gentlemen √ 1 Jan
bowl
Undertow √ 4 Jan
bartender, king, mourning
Heart of the Warrior √ 7 Jan
champagne, molasses
Obernewtyn √ 9 Jan
diary
Inestimable Blessings √ 9 Jan
blood
Starfish and Coffee √ 12 Jan
grandmother
Dom Wars: Round One √ 12 Jan
dreamed

1. BARTENDER - Undertow √ 4 Jan
p113 - (Which was Sunday and Monday - Saturday was a busy night on the bartender/club scene.
2. CHAMPAGNE - Heart of the Warrior √ 7 Jan
p180-181 - The doorman greeted him inside the foyer and waved his past - no need to check the guest list for his name - and he grabbed a glass of champagne from a tray and looked around.
3. BOWL Merry Gentlemen √ 1 Jan
p11 - "Another hippy bloke selling hand-turned bowls and crap like that."
4. KING - Undertow √ 4 Jan
p48 - Roan was the king of the jungle, and he should have no problem subduing cats; it was shat he did, sometimes without intention.
5. DREAM - Dom Wars: Round One √ 12 Jan
LOC 756: I'd never have dreamed just holding a person's hand could be such a turn on.
6. MOURN - Undertow √ 4 Jan
p262 - Because, come to think about it, you could confuse remorse for mourning, especially in a naturally depressed person.
7. GRANDMOTHER - Starfish and Coffee √ 12 Jan
p98-99 - "... He put your grandmother on a pedestal until the day she died. ..."
8. DIARY - Obernewtyn √ 9 Jan
p231 - Alexi took the diary, opened it, and held it in front of my eyes.
9. MOLASSES - Heart of the Warrior √ 7 Jan
p217 - "You move like molasses, my pet."
10. BLOOD - Inestimable Blessings √ 9 Jan
p46-47: Lee shivered, overwhelmed by the attraction simmering in his blood.

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20406 comments Tips for finding words - courtesy of Jennifer ♔Princess Penguin♔

Using Google books:
~Go here https://books.google.com/bkshp?hl=en&...
~Type in the name of your book
~Select your book
~On the left about midway down there will be a search bar, type your word in there.

Couple of things you need to know...
~you need to check every variety of the word you want so, let's say GROUP doesn't show up you would also need to type in GROUPS/ED/ING
~Unfortunately, 99% of the books on Google does not list page numbers (at least in my experience)

Using Amazon:
~You search for your book
~Once on your book page make sure you are on a version that is paperback or hardcover (Kindle editions will not work)
~On the left there will be a picture of your book and it should have "Search Inside" above it
~Click on the book and the search bar will be inside

You will not need to search separately for plurals but you will still need to search separately for -ed and -ing

You can also search for words in all the books loaded on your Kindle.

On the home page, use the 'search' function.
~ type in the word and select 'search my items'.

message 4: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20406 comments My spot

message 5: by Georgina (last edited Aug 09, 2018 02:08AM) (new)

Georgina Parkin (geosbookblog) | 258 comments Words read: 10/10 | bonus read: 6/6 | books read 7/7

- Words -
ballroom:
LOC 4977 “The ballroom was twice the size of the grand salon...” The Arrangement 4/8
bead: LOC 2476 “A bead of blood dribbled down his torso.” The Darkest Warrior 4/8
biology: LOC 478 “Biology teacher humor.” Take Me 2/8
coconut: LOC 4748 “...a coconut fell beside her with such a thump that it sprayed her face with sand.” Wilde in Love 6/8
crutch: LOC 196 “... Vincent would not use him as an emotional crutch. The Arrangement 4/8
frost: LOC 2807 “... layer of frost forming over his heart and mind...” The Darkest Warrior 4/8
motion: LOC 137 “She made a motion to go around them...” Midnight Pleasures with a Scoundrel 1/8
storm: LOC 1549 “... riding out the storm of pleasures with him.” Midnight Pleasures with a Scoundrel 1/8
swamp: LOC 3838 “What if she could somehow knock the pistol into the swamp?” Wilde in Love 6/8
wander: LOC 432 “I do hope you won’t wander the streets alone tonight.” Midnight Pleasures with a Scoundrel 1/8

- Bonus -
ambient:
LOC 336 “He grinned, and the ambient temperature inside the car increased...” Take Me
drowning: LOC 3249 “... I couldn’t save the missionary’s daughter from nearly drowning in a river.” Wilde in Love 6/8
hoof: LOC 713 “He needed to put his best foot - hoof - forward...” The Darkest Warrior 4/8
imposter: LOC 777 “That he would feel like an imposter at the head of his own table...” The Highlander 7/8
unequal: LOC 1184 “... ours would be an unequal match.” The Arrangement 4/8
sawdust: LOC 1774 “... food that tasted like sawdust.” Angels' Blood 9/8

message 6: by Anabell (last edited Sep 02, 2018 12:27PM) (new)

Anabell | 32 comments My first try was July and had so much fun so will try again in August.

Regular =10/10
Bonus = 4/5
BB - 1/1
Leftover = 3/4

August
√ ballroom
Mercy
Page 66/693(read on Iphone) ''… and as she stood on the steps overlooking the hotel ballroom, she felt like Alice about to fall through the looking glass into Wonderland''

√ bead
Wrong Turn, Right Direction Page 58/340 ''… of tacky turquoise and yellow beads.''

√ biology
The Substitute Page 233/365 ''Your mother walked into my biology 101 lab in college and there was soemthing about her that made me take notice.''

√ coconut
The Substitute Page 208/365 ''I'm going to guess that hate cocnut so I should probably answer that I make killer margaritas.''

√ crutch
Wrong Turn, Right Direction Page 29/340 ''He leans his armpits on his crutches.''

√ frost
Heartbreaker
Page 323/745 (Read on Iphone) ''He wasn't smiling now though and if those women could see the frost in his eyes, they woulndn't think he was so handsome at all.''

√ motion
Heartbreaker
Page 344/745 (iphone) '...picked up a headset attatched to the base of phone, then motioned for her to pic up...''

√ storm
Heartbreaker
Page 373/745 (iphone) ''Let's just hope the storm's a bad one. ''You want a bad storm?''...''

√ swamp
Mercy
Page 11/693 (Iphone) ''The family lived deep in the swamp at the end of the winding dirt lane called Mercy Road''

√ wander
One Red Rose Page 79/238 ''God only knew what she would do if a mountain lion or a bear wandered into her camp.''

Bonus

√ Ambient
Lost and Found Sisters
Page 43/405 ''He stopped on the curb beneath a lamppost and looked up at her, his expression shielded by the ambient lightning''

√ Drowning
The Substitute
Page 207/365 ''She was drowning and you jumped in and saved her.''

√ Hoof
Cold-Hearted Rake
Page 45 '' The dray bobbed its head and pawed the ground with one hoof''

Imposter

√ Unequal
Marrying Winterborne
''Nor is he invited to the exclusive ones, as he is of the merchant class. You must be distressed by the prospect of an unequal marriage.''

and a bonus bonus

√ Sawdust
Mercy
Page 286/ 693 ''He was digging into the bottom of the box, searching for one last piece of sawdust to eat.'' (He was eating really dry crackers.)

Leftovers from July

√ Cabbage
The Pearl Sister Page 71

√ Cumbersome
Hello Stranger
Page 11 ''Ransom shook his head. ''The rattle's too cumbersome. And I had to give it back when I left the force.'' ''

√ Rambunctious
Lost and Found Sisters
P 29/405 ''Nope, in Coop's opinion, he was still a rambunctious, energetic puppy.

gamy or gamey

message 7: by Nicole (last edited Aug 27, 2018 08:51AM) (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments 2018 August Word Hunt

Regular Words: 10/10 found

✓ Ballroom: Cashmere and Camo by Erin Nicholas (02/08) ★★★
"...into dark corners of the ballroom for stolen kisses." Page 179

✓ Bead: Viable Threat by Julie Rowe (01/08) ★★★
"Sweat gathered into beads at his hairline..." Page 104

✓ Biology: Viable Threat by Julie Rowe (01/08) ★★★
"This situation isn't a simple biology experiment..." Page 115

✓ Coconut: Cashmere and Camo by Erin Nicholas (02/08) ★★★
"There was coconut shrimp..." Page 45

✓ Crutch: Merciless by Gina L. Maxwell (07/08) ★★★
"...live without being each other's crutch ..." Page 167

✓ Frost: Merciless by Gina L. Maxwell (07/08) ★★★
"..the color reminding me of frost - covered grass." Page 161

✓ Motion: Sincerely, Carter by Whitney G. (02/08) ★★★
"In one smooth motion , he ripped them off..." Loc 1950

✓ Storm: Sincerely, Carter by Whitney G. (02/08) ★★★
"...pick up my backpack and storm out of the room..." Loc 3612

✓ Swamp: The Darkest Pleasure by Gena Showalter (17/08) ★★★★
"Do not allow fury to swamp you." Loc 405

✓ Wander: Viable Threat by Julie Rowe (01/08) ★★★
"..still allowing her gaze to wander the room." Page 308

Cashmere and Camo (Billionaires in Blue Jeans, #3) by Erin Nicholas Viable Threat (Outbreak Task Force, #1) by Julie Rowe Merciless (Playboys in Love, #3) by Gina L. Maxwell Sincerely, Carter (Sincerely Carter, #1) by Whitney G. The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld) by Gena Showalter

Bonus Words: 4/5 found

✓ Ambient: It Had to Be You: Lucky Harbor 7 by Jill Shalvis (27/08) ★★★★
"...but with little to no ambient light in the backseat..." Page 307

✓ Drowning: Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata (05/08) ★★
"...gulping, feeling like I was drowning ." Page 483

✓ Hoof: The Darkest Pleasure by Gena Showalter (17/08) ★★★★
"It looked down and punted a pebble with its hoof ." Loc 1445

✓ Imposter: Merciless by Gina L. Maxwell (07/08) ★★★
"...I, on the other hand, feel like a f*cking imposter ..." Page 142

5. Unequal

It Had to Be You Lucky Harbor 7 by Jill Shalvis Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld) by Gena Showalter Merciless (Playboys in Love, #3) by Gina L. Maxwell 5

Bonus bonus
1. Sawdust

Orphans from July:
1. Gamy

message 8: by Jujubee (last edited Aug 29, 2018 05:05PM) (new)

Jujubee (goodreadscomjujubeed) | 216 comments My spot! Stats 11/16 Orphans: 02/05
More or Less a Countess (The Somerset Sisters, #2) by Anna Bradley The King's Man (Welsh Blades #1) by Elizabeth Kingston The Lass Initiated the Laird - Erotic Novella (Explosive Highlander 3.5) by Lisa Torquay Haven (Relentless #5) by Karen Lynch Over the Edge (The Edge, #4) by C.D. Reiss Evil Games (D.I. Kim Stone, #2) by Angela Marsons Tinfoil Heart by Daisy Prescott
Ballroom: "The title was written across the top of the sketch in an elegant, flowing hand, and below that was a drawing of a fair-haired young lady in a blue gown hovering on the sidelines of a ballroom, her expression forlorn as she watched a dozen or so elegant couples twirl about on the dance floor." LOC 1195 More or Less a Countess (The Somerset Sisters 02) Anna Bradley • Read 08/05/18 4.5*
Bead: "What is it ye’re teaching me?” looking at him, she saw beads of sweat on his forehead." Pg 32 The Lass Initiated the Laird - Erotic Novella (Explosive Highlander 03.5) Lisa Torquay • Read 08/10/18 2*
Biology: "Changing the subject before he makes the uncomfortable connection between my random string of words and female biology, I ask, “What kind of name is Cloudcroft?" LOC 1833 Tinfoil Heart Daisy Prescott • Read 08/23/18 4*
Coconut: "He knew from their time together that her hair smelled of coconut and that she used a jasmine-scented body wash." PG 115 Evil Games (D.I. Kim Stone 02) Angela Marsons • Read 08/17/18 5*
~~crutch: "" LOC
Frost: "Today’s lipstick is the frosted peach." LOC 96 Tinfoil Heart Daisy Prescott • Read 08/23/18 4*
Motion: "In shirtsleeves, without a coat to cover his projecting midriff, he turned in a quick motion." Pg 12 The Lass Initiated the Laird - Erotic Novella (Explosive Highlander 03.5) Lisa Torquay • Read 08/10/18 2*
Storm: "Then she turned away and left him in the storm." LOC 613 The King's Man (Welsh Blades 01) Elizabeth Kingston • Read 08/07/18 5*
Swamp: "As exhaustion swamped his mind, he called up the last of his strength and lifted his hand to hers." LOC 159 The King's Man (Welsh Blades 01) Elizabeth Kingston • Read 08/07/18 5*
Wander: "She shrugged, then turned away from him to wander down a row of headstones, pausing every now and then to peer curiously at the inscriptions." LOC 887 More or Less a Countess (The Somersert Sisters 02) Anna Bradley • Read 08/05/18 4.5*

BONUS
~~Ambient: "" LOC
Drowning: "Why shouldn’t I wish to prevent a bluestocking from drowning?" LOC 1828 More or Less a Countess (The Somersert Sisters 02) Anna Bradley • Read 08/05/18 4.5*
~~Hoof: "" LOC
~~Imposter: "" LOC
~~Unequal: "" LOC

BONUS Bonus
Sawdust: "I went to the restroom and splashed water on my face to remove the sawdust and grime of the lumberyard." Pg 38 Haven (Relentless 05) Karen Lynch • Read 08/12/18 5*

ORPHANS 01/05
July: (Exact) Meddle: “Your good priest has agreed to meddle in your affairs.” LOC 3959 The King's Man (Welsh Blades 01) Elizabeth Kingston • Read 08/07/18 5*
~~July: (Exact) Unsuitable: "" LOC
~~June: (Exact) Limousine: "" LOC
May: (Exact) Chlorine: "The smell of chlorine and ketchup." LOC 2439 Over the Edge (The Edge 04) CD Reiss • Read 08/20/18 5*
Bonus Bonus Orphans
~~July: (Exact) Gamy: "" LOC

message 9: by Jujubee (new)

Jujubee (goodreadscomjujubeed) | 216 comments Anabell wrote: "My first try was July and had so much fun so will try again in August."

It's addicting, for sure, @Anabell! Enjoy the hunt ;)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1091 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 31 August 2018

This challenge is to see if you can find all the words listed below within your reading for the month. You do not need to preselect a level.

August
ballroom
bead
biology
coconut
crutch
frost
motion
storm
swamp
wander

Bonus
For our over-achievers who just need some extra words because the above weren't enough...

Unlike with the 10 words above - you must find the EXACT word to claim these bonus words, and I try to make them hard.

ambient
drowning
hoof
imposter
unequal

and a bonus bonus
sawdust

message 11: by ~Teresa (last edited Sep 01, 2018 01:07PM) (new)

~Teresa | 330 comments I’m in! ;)

August Word Hunt
Regular Words ~ 9/10
Bonus Words ~ 2/5
Bonus-Bonus Word ~ 1/1

REGULAR Words:

✔️ballroom ~ The Girl in the Ice ~ Page 144 ~ ... an event at the Rivoli Ballroom on Thursday ...?

✔️bead ~ Kill Without Mercy ~ Loc. 457 ~ She absently wiped a bead of condensation from ...

biology

✔️coconut ~The Girl in the Ice ~ Page 30 ~ ... were gummed up with grated coconut.

✔️crutch ~ Where Are You Now? ~ Page 93 ~ ... his expression sober. “You can be a crutch for your father and take ...

✔️frost ~ Harmony House ~ Page 14 ~ ... dawned bright after an overnight frost that brought ...

✔️motion ~ Kill Without Mercy ~ Loc. 716 ~ ...heart with a surprising fluid motion...

✔️storm ~ Murder in the River City ~ Loc. 515 ~ ...vet from the first Desert Storm, had been in and out of jobs ...

✔️swamp ~ How to Keep a Secret ~ Loc. 852 ~ ... was like navigating a treacherous swamp.

✔️wander ~ Harmony House ~ Page 54 ~ ... and wandered into her bedroom where she found ...

BONUS Words:

✔️ambient ~ Southern Gothic ~ Loc. 679 ~ ... middle of nowhere with none of the city’s ambient light, ...

✔️drowning ~ Kill Without Mercy ~ Loc. 1557 ~ She felt like she was drowning in sensations.

hoof

imposter

unequal

BONUS-BONUS Word:

✔️sawdust ~ Southern Gothic ~ Loc. 2835 ~ ... out to stand in front of the cabins, sawdust softening her footfalls.

My leftovers from past months ...

April ~ relent ~ Shattered ~ 8/22/18 ~ Page 86 ~ ... information and files she needed, she would relent.

June ~ unbiased ~ Shattered ~ 8/22/18 ~ Page 45 ~ ... who can look at the evidence with an unbiased eye?

June ~ limousine ~ The Girl in the Ice ~ 8/18/18 ~ Page 246 ~ A limousine pulled up at ...

July ~ cumbersome ~ Shattered ~ 8/22/18 ~ Page 343 ~ She adjusted it. Big, but not cumbersome.

Kill Without Mercy (ARES Security, #1) by Alexandra Ivy Murder in the River City by Allison Brennan Harmony House (Home Sweet Home Book 1) by Ruth Hay Where Are You Now? by Mary Higgins Clark The Girl in the Ice (Detective Erika Foster, #1) by Robert Bryndza How to Keep a Secret by Sarah Morgan Southern Gothic by Dale Wiley Shattered (Max Revere, #4) by Allison Brennan

message 12: by Chris (last edited Aug 22, 2018 06:03PM) (new)

Chris (cdavies1951) | 133 comments I'm in

Regular Words: 10/10
COMPLETE

1. Ballroom - The Luckiest Lady in London 8/4 p. 39 "The ballroom at Fielding House boasted of bold crimson curtains…"

2. Bead - The Luckiest Lady in London 8/4 p. 76 "Her fingers worried a crystal bead at her hip; "

3. Biology - Heartstone 8/22 p. 346
"He didn't know enough about biology to know if he..."

4. Coconut - Loving Evangeline 8/6 p. 290
"…and brought with them the coconut scent of sunscreen lotion.

5. Crutch - His at Night 8/5 p. 476
"But whereas your Capri was an aspiration, mine had become a crutch."

6. Frost - Fugitive 8/2 p. 37 "Rebecca set a frosted green bottle on the bar."

7. Motion - Write Whatever the Hell You Want: Finding Joy and Purpose in Writing 8/1 p. 177 " - into = preposition expressing motion…"

8. Storm - Fugitive 8/2 p. 114 - "He'll set them of fire if you storm the room."

9. Swamp - The Luckiest Lady in London 8/4 p. 214 - "…involuntarily, even as despair swamped him."

10. WanderWrite Whatever the Hell You Want: Finding Joy and Purpose in Writing 8/1 p. 83 - "As wanderers, they ply their …"

Bonus Words: 5/5

1. Ambient - Fugitive 8/2 p. 31 - "…and neither the moonshine nor the ambient light from the house…"

2. Drowning - Write Whatever the Hell You Want: Finding Joy and Purpose in Writing 8/1 p. 117 - "…won in Vegas, lost in Vegas, saved a drowning child,…"

3. Hoof - Private Arrangements 8/3 p. 74 - "…and raised and inspected each hoof in turn."

4. Imposter - Private Arrangements 8/3 p. 329 - "…Lady Tremaine and not some imposter out to steal the silver."

5. Unequal Men of Men 8/12 p. 92
"…in tangled traces while the unequal weight of gravel snapped …"

Bonus bonus 1/1

1. Sawdust - Private Arrangements 8/3 p. 35 - "…dimension, no longer icy sawdust but fingernail size fluffs"

message 13: by Peri (last edited Aug 25, 2018 11:36AM) (new)

Peri June (perijune) | 54 comments Words found: 10/10.
Bonus words found: 4/5.
Bonus bonus: 1/1.
Books completed: 7.

ballroom: 8/8/18 World After by Susan Ee.
Page 289 "...females who are being prepped in one corner of the ballroom."

bead: 8/4/18 Angelfall by Susan Ee.
Page 25 "Beads of sweat cluster around his brows."

biology: 8/18/18 The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion.
Page 18 "First, the formulation 'we're pregnant' contradicted basic biology."

coconut: 8/19/18 My So-Called Bollywood Life by Nisha Sharma.
LOC: 2766 "...dipping occasionally into the sambar and coconut chutney."

crutch: 8/4/18 Angelfall by Susan Ee.
Page 57 "Use it as a crutch, what do you think?"

frost: 8/4/18 Angelfall by Susan Ee.
Page 115 "The air frosts from my mouth."

motion: 8/8/18 World After by Susan Ee.
Page 79 "Raffe goes into slow motion."

storm: 8/8/18 World After by Susan Ee.
Page 90 "...only this time it's in the middle of a lightning storm."

swamp: 8/11/18 End of Days by Susan Ee.
Page 361 "...with bits of random stuff attached to it that makes me think of swamp monsters."

wander: 8/11/18 End of Days by Susan Ee.
Page 81 "I wander deeper into the store, away from Raffe."

Bonus

ambient: 8/18/18 The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion.
Page 50 "He addressed the rest of the table, loudly, as the ambient noise was now significant."

drowning: 8/11/18 End of Days by Susan Ee.
Page 43 "Or maybe they're drowning and gasping for air."

hoof: 8/23/18 It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips.
Page 5 "Thousands of pounds of beef on the hoof with thighs like battering rams..."

imposter: 8/18/18 The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion.
Page 330 "It was possible that the Prince was an imposter..."

unequal:

Bonus bonus

Sawdust: 8/25/18 Dream a Little Dream by Susan Elizabeth Phillips.
Page 263 "A trace of sawdust clung to his jeans..."

message 14: by Suzanne (last edited Aug 15, 2018 06:24AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2071 comments Romance Readers Reading Challenges
2018 August Word Hunt
Duration:
1 - 31 August 2018

Progress: 12 out of 10

August

Ballroom:
"Franny and I were touring yet another hotel ballroom when she said, “They’re starting to blend together." Page 92
Young Jane Young by Gabrielle Zevin - **** - 8/6/2018 - 304 Pages
"(During this same period he also introduced ballroom dancing lessons for Luftwaffe officers." Page 330
The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman - ***** - 8/13/2018 - 368 Pages

Bead: "A bead of blood springs to the surface of my hand." Page 177
A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline - **** - 8/6/2018 - 309 Pages
"Decker felt moisture bead on the back of his neck. “Put the gun away,” he said." Page 34
Double Whammy by Carl Hiaasen - *** - 8/3/2018 - 404 Pages

Biology: “Didn’t you take biology in high school?” Schiele said." Page 86
"Perhaps they felt that superior soldiers needed superior food, which Nazi biology argued could grow only from "pure" seeds." Page 126

Coconut: "When she went back to the University of Miami in the fall, Aviva decided to move off campus to a tiny studio apartment in Coconut Grove." Page 47
“No, I’m in the penthouse of the Coconut Grove Hotel." Page 206

Crutch: "You are far and away the best event planner I have ever hired, but I’m a crutch for you." Page 127

Frost: "FLOWERS FADE, FREEZE in an early frost, wither on the vine." Page 145
"Missing now were all the women who used to rake fallen leaves, the men who insulated the roofs and stable walls with straw, the gardeners who wreathed the roses and ornamental shrubs to protect them from frost." Page 73

Motion: "I have to bite my lips to keep from laughing: his strokes are choppy and inexpert, nothing like Al’s rhythmic motion." Page 106
"He took it back over his shoulder and made a motion like he was throwing a baseball." Page 67
"The color turned to purple as the man lifted the stake in a threatening motion." Page 164
When Darkness Comes by Alexandra Ivy - *** - 8/9/2018 - 359 Pages
"Antonina wrote that her world felt gutted, collapsing in slow motion, and that for a Blitzkrieg, a lightning-fast war, 'it had many long-drawn-out phases.'" Page 100

Storm: "She moved back home, and she waited out the storm as best she could." Page 56
"Fourteen years later, their teenaged son, Alvaro, working as a seaman on a schooner off the coast of Cape Cod, was swept overboard in a storm." Page 19
"Once, she and Daisy and some other girls rushed out into a winter storm to play and throw snowballs at one another. other girls rushed out into a winter storm to play and throw snowballs at one another." Page 48
First Girl Scout: The Life of Juliette Gordon Low by Ginger Wadsworth - ***** - 8/2/2018 - 224 Pages
"Dante found himself as twitchy as if he were standing in the midst of a lightning storm." Page 212
"She heard 'the hum of planes, tens, maybe even hundreds,' that sounded like 'faraway surf, not a calm surf but when waves crash onto the beach during a storm.'" Page 45

Swamp: "The cool darkness was ebbing from the swamp; another half-hour and it would be dawn." Page 107
"The soldiers Miami was little more than a swamp." Page 83
First Girl Scout: The Life of Juliette Gordon Low by Ginger Wadsworth - ***** - 8/2/2018 - 224 Pages
"But as zookeepers, the Zabínskis understood both vigilance and predators; in a swamp of vipers, one planned every footstep." Page 242

Wander: "I drive to the museum after Pilates class, and I can’t find the docent anywhere, so I wander around the museum for a spell." Page 67
"The silver eyes darkened to smoke as he allowed his gaze to slowly wander over her face." Page 129

Bonus

Ambient: "Almost from birth, he'd been schooled in the ambient dangers and told they were real, not pretend or story." Page 123

Drowning: '“Cause of death was drowning.” Page 16
"He was drowning in the passionate fire she had released within him." Page 43
""I feel like I'm drowning in a gray sea, like they're flooding the whole city, washing away our past and people, dashing everything from the face of the earth." Page 68

Hoof: "Alvaro slaughters a pig, and we carve and cure and smoke every last bit of it, from hoof to curly tail." Page 145
“Come on,” he said to Decker, “we’ll hoof it from here. It’s best that nobody sees Jim with the two of us.” Page 111
"Versed in the layout of the house, surely they joked about the clunkiness of so-and-so's footsteps, children running, hoof and paw skitterings, door slammings, phone ringing, and the occasional banshee screeching of quarreling pets." Page 169

imposter
unequal

and a bonus bonus

Sawdust: "There the blocks will be stacked and stored in sawdust, some set aside to sell to locals and the rest to wait until a carrier bound for Massachusetts is ready in the cove." Page 60
"Sawdust and curlicued pine shavings stuck to his coal-black arms." Page 82

First Girl Scout The Life of Juliette Gordon Low by Ginger Wadsworth Double Whammy by Carl Hiaasen A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline Young Jane Young by Gabrielle Zevin When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity, #1) by Alexandra Ivy The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman

Rules:
(view spoiler)

message 15: by Tammie (last edited Aug 28, 2018 08:16AM) (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments August Word Hunt

Read:
10/10
Bonus Read: 3/5
Bonus-Bonus Read: 0/1

√ 8/5 ballroom: Every Night Without You, loc 1439 of 3911 Yep, not even David would dare lock himself in a ballroom full of cops.

√ 8/28 bead: Gunmetal Magic, pg 276 of 436 It had a bead pattern along the side that looked very familiar.

√ 8/28 biology: Gunmetal Magic, pg 254 of 436 The exploration of biology and metaphysics.

√ 8/28 coconut: Gunmetal Magic, pg 109 of 436 ...the largest bite belonged to something with a head the size of a coconut and its poison ...

√ 8/6 crutch: Dear Madam President: An Open Letter to the Women Who Will Run the World, pg 25 of 180 It would have felt like holding on to a crutch, like I was scared to face...

√ 8/10 frost: A Gentleman in Moscow, pg 68 of 462 ...and back-row catcalls punctuated by the banging of the gavel--as the ambient temperature of the balcony rose to 96".

√ 8/5 motion: Every Night Without You, loc 1331 of 3911 His mouth quirked up into the tiniest motion possible that could still be considered a smile.

√ 8/5 storm: Every Night Without You, loc 438 of 3911 The brief silence that followed was the calm before the storm.

√ 8/6 swamp: Before That Night, pg 84 of 187 The swamp cooler that Addison ran off a generator she kept in the van...

√ 8/17 wander: Little Love Affair, pg 123 of 153 Her eyes wandered back to Kayden, and she reached up...

Bonus

√ 8/10 ambient: A Gentleman in Moscow, pg 68 of 462 ...and back-row catcalls punctuated by the banging of the gavel--as the ambient temperature of the balcony rose to 96".

√ 8/6 drowning: Dear Madam President: An Open Letter to the Women Who Will Run the World, pg 46 of 180 I found the summer of 2015, when we were really drowning in email stories, ...

√ 8/17 hoof: Little Love Affair, pg 123 of 153 ...but only stamped one hoof against the hay-covered floor.

imposter
unequal

Bonus Bonus
sawdust

Every Night Without You (Unfinished Love, #2) by Violet Duke Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels, #5.5) by Ilona Andrews Dear Madam President An Open Letter to the Women Who Will Run the World by Jennifer Palmieri Before That Night (Unfinished Love, #1) by Violet Duke A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles Little Love Affair (Southern Romance #1) by Lexy Timms

message 16: by Rissa (last edited Aug 20, 2018 09:05AM) (new)

Rissa | 634 comments Of course, in! :)

Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 31 August 2018

August Finished 10/10!

ballroom - Status Update - LOC 1932 - "The noise from the ballroom shifted from happy toasts and people talking to dancing music." 8/11/2018

bead - The Lawrence Browne Affair - LOC 35% - "There was a bead of water trickling down the center of Radnor’s hard chest, and before Georgie knew what he was doing, he had brushed it away, tracing its path with his finger." 8/10/2018

biology - Status Update - LOC 1581 - "It had been a singular orgasm, but he wasn’t someone moved to tears by biology." 8/11/2018

coconut - Fish Stick Fridays - LOC 1298 - "The hot chocolate smelled slightly gritty and lacking any undertone of richness, but Lang slurped at its foamy top, washing through a mouthful of coconut and fluff, then sighed at its perfection." 8/14/2018

crutch - Dirty Mind - LOC 998 - "The adult-teenager dynamic we had when we first met was now just a crutch for me to lean on when I floundered." 8/1/2018

frost - Dirty Mind - LOC 1585 - "There was frost on the sidewalks, and I was barefoot, in threadbare jeans and a flimsy T-shirt." 8/1/2018

motion - A Gentleman's Position - LOC 40% - "Richard stilled his motion, evidently striving for control. “David. What would you have?”" 8/19/2018

storm - On Davis Row - LOC 83% - "If the clouds outside looked like a storm, it had nothing on him." 8/6/2018

swamp - Late Summer, Early Spring - LOC 2059 - "“I wouldn’t fret over it. If you’d had one, they would have used it to swamp the boat. There’s no defeating those demons.”" 8/15/2018

wander - Deep Magic - LOC 4711 - "“You’ll be no use at all if you wander off, too.”" 8/17/2018

Bonus Finished 5/5!

ambient - Fish Stick Fridays - LOC 96 - "Smoke coated the sky’s belly, blocking out even the ambient light coming from a gas station across the road." 8/14/2018

drowning - On Davis Row - LOC 89% - "It helped that I boiled the kettle a few times so it would whistle loudly and I couldn’t hear, and the bacon sizzled and the microwave helped in drowning out their conversation." 8/6/2018

hoof - Deep Magic - LOC 5002 - "As I made my way back around the house, I noticed again the hoof prints of the Ceffyl Dŵr." 8/17/2018

imposter - Late Summer, Early Spring - LOC 152 - "How could Iwata possibly tell him that his favorite was an imposter, almost certainly an assassin?" 8/15/2018

unequal - A Gentleman's Position - LOC 22% - "Certainly not Dominic, whose unequal affair Richard had condemned in the strongest terms." 8/19/2018

and a bonus bonus Finished 1/1!

sawdust - The Lawrence Browne Affair - LOC 47% - "The house even smelled different, of sawdust and whitewash, lemon and lavender." 8/10/2018

message 17: by Anabell (new)

Anabell | 32 comments Jujubee wrote: "Anabell wrote: "My first try was July and had so much fun so will try again in August."

It's addicting, for sure, @Anabell! Enjoy the hunt ;)"

It really is ;-) You too!

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 23, 2018 04:08AM) (new)

I'm new here and this looks like too much fun! I'm in!

1. Ballroom ~ When It's Real by Erin Watt ~ 55%/loc 3129 ~ "I quickly excuse myself from the table, but even trying to leave the ballroom is an ordeal." ~ 08/09/2018
2. Bead ~ The Breakdown by BA Paris ~ p. 153/41%/Loc 2190 ~ "Dread takes hold and peppers my skin with tiny beads of sweat." ~ 08/01/2018
3. Biology ~ Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashely ~ p. 39/18%/loc 544 ~ "Lenny wanted to devote his life to finding a cure for cancer...so he was studying biology in hopes one day to do that." ~ 08/04/2018
4. Coconut ~ Everything I Left Unsaid by M. O'Keefe ~ p.127/39%/loc 1983 ~ "I lifted the lid to find a large piece of yellow cake with white icing covered in coconut." ~ 08/12/2018
5. Crutch ~ You by Caroline Kepnes ~ p. 80/19%/loc 961 ~ "You're blasting Bowie, Rare and Well Done -- the music you play before you go on a date, music that makes you feel cool, crutch music you can talk about when you feel insecure..." ~ 08/10/2018
6. Frost ~ At the Stroke of Midnight by Tara Sivec ~ 2%/loc 95 ~ "I just finished baking the last of the cupcakes, and I'm getting ready to frost them as soon as they cool." ~ 08/13/2018
7. Motion ~ Royally Matched by Emma Chase ~ 39%/loc 1461 ~ "She bows, and the boy beside her mimics the motion." ~ 08/05/2018
8. Storm ~ The Breakdown by BA Paris ~ p. 308/90%/loc 4742 ~ "It was the night I went our with the people from school...The night of the storm." 08/03/2018
9. Swamp ~ Royally Matched by Emma Chase ~ 15%/loc 557 ~ "Fuck off, you arrogant, self-righteous swamp donkey." ~ 08/05/2018
10. Wander ~ When It's Real by Erin Watt ~ 69%/loc 3883 ~ "I wander around the house for fifteen minutes until finally asking Ty for help." ~ 08/09/2018

Bonus Words: 3/5

1. Ambient ~ You by Caroline Kepnes ~ p. 22/6%/loc 269 ~ "You can't just bum-rush a girl after a concert, especially when the band's music is ambient techno electro shit..." ~ 08/10/2018
2. Drowning ~ You by Caroline Kepnes ~ p. 198/46%/loc 2336 ~ "You were a vision in your costume, drowning in red velour as your hair poured out from under a little red bonnet." ~ 08/11/2018
3. Hoof
4. Imposter ~ The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata ~ Audio: Chapter 21, p. 397 ~ "On top of being an asshole and a prostitute, I was an imposter." ~ 08/15/2018
5. Unequal

Bonus bonus 1/1

1. Sawdust ~ At the Stroke of Midnight by Tara Sivec ~ 12%/loc 477 ~ "The cupcakes taste like sawdust, the coolers at the drink table are filled with bottled water, and I have yet to see anything even resembling a naughty costume." ~ 08/14/2018

message 19: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20406 comments Good luck Cyndee!!

message 20: by Barbara ★ (last edited Sep 29, 2018 10:08AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 3608 comments August Word Hunt

READ: 14/16

✔ ballroom - The Fourth Bear - Jasper Fforde 8/4
(down the staircase to the ballroom), p86

✔ bead - A Promise of Fire - Amanda Bouchet 8/3
(a bead of moisture slips down my spine), p16

✔ biology - The Otter of Death - Betty Webb 8/15
(,marine biology 101 and that new one), p32

✔ coconut - Earth to Hell - Kylie Chan 8/19
(order me a coconut, will you), p26

✔ crutch - Earth to Hell - Kylie Chan 8/19
(Iron Crutch doesn't have to take the form), p80

✔ frost - A Promise of Fire - Amanda Bouchet 8/3
(like frost on a frigid dawn), p80

✔ motion - A Promise of Fire - Amanda Bouchet 8/3
(I motion everyone forward), p155

✔ storm - Loco Motive - Mary Daheim 8/2
(held the storm door), p15

✔ swamp - A Promise of Fire - Amanda Bouchet 8/3
(as hungry as a swamp leech), p28

✔ wander - The Breakdown - B.A. Paris 8/18
(I wander into the sitting room), p66

Bonus
ambient -
(), p

✔ drowning - Skinny Dipping with Murder - Auralee Wallace 8/10
(to stop myself from drowning), p123

✔ hoof - Something About Witches - Joey W. Hill 8/26
(next to a hoof pick), p40

✔ imposter - Loco Motive - Mary Daheim 8/2
(they wouldn't visit an imposter), p240

unequal -
(), p

and a bonus bonus
✔ sawdust - Paradox - Catherine Coulter 8/22
(floors covered with sawdust), p147

Loco Motive (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #25) by Mary Daheim A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #1) by Amanda Bouchet The Fourth Bear (Nursery Crime, #2) by Jasper Fforde Skinny Dipping with Murder (An Otter Lake Mystery, #1) by Auralee Wallace The Otter of Death (Gunn Zoo Mystery #5) by Betty Webb The Breakdown by B.A. Paris Paradox (FBI Thriller #22) by Catherine Coulter Something About Witches (Arcane Shot, #1) by Joey W. Hill

message 21: by Calila (last edited Sep 02, 2018 09:58PM) (new)

Calila | 2746 comments oops im late! my spot

15/16 + 1/4
Ballroom - Out of the Blues 08/13-14/18 ★★★★
LOC 3154: "We'd danced our way into the light coming from the ballroom windows."
Bead - Defiance 08/13-16/18 ★★★
LOC 550: "While the description might fit Preston in the sense that he was short, thin, and had beady eyes and a receding hairline, he was anything but."
Biology - Out of the Blues 08/13-14/18 ★★★★
LOC 1963: "Look, Mason, we're not all our biological parents."
Coconut - History Is All You Left Me 08/09-13/18 ★★★★
PAGE 130: "I'm staying warm holding the two coconut hot choclolates from teh cafe, each with four pumps of caramel syrup."
Crutch - There’s Something About a Kilt 08/21/18 ★★★★
LOC 126: "He moved, happily ignorant with the helpful crutch of alcohol that he was the only single guy dancing."
Frost - Lock Nut 08/01-06/18 ★★★
PAGE 83: "I asked to try to lighten the suddenly frosty mood."
Motion - Out of the Blues 08/13-14/18 ★★★★
LOC 974: "It was one of those plastic motion sensor things."
Storm - History Is All You Left Me 08/09-13/18 ★★★★
PAGE 125: "Storms can suck when they're knocking out power and ripping apart houses, no doubt."
Swamp - Americana Fairy Tale 08/25/18 ★★★★
LOC 1368: "There was something that looked like Texas oil wells, then the coast of Big Sur, then the swamps of the Everglades."
Wander - History Is All You Left Me 08/09-13/18 ★★★★
PAGE 21: "We wander away from graphic novels and end up int eh biography aisle."
Bonus:
Ambient - Cash Plays 08/26-27/18 ★★★★
LOC 956: "Being on the Strip always made Dominic tense, because the vivid reminder of gambling were inescapable in everything from the ubiquitous ads to the ambient conversations."
Drowning - Lock Nut 08/01-06/18 ★★★
PAGE 74: "The bang on the bonce hadn't killed our Mr. Parrot directly, but it had almost certainly contributed to his death by drowning─it being notoriously hard to swim whilst unconscious."
Hoof - Lock Nut 08/01-06/18 ★★★
PAGE 95: "Or hoof through, as it might be."
Imposter - Out! 08/18-20/18 ★★★★
LOC 2932: "Mark felt like an imposter."
Unequal - Defiance 08/13-16/18 ★★★
LOC 1570: "He knew what we were here for and I was tired of being on unequal footing with him."
Bonus Bonus:
Sawdust -
LOC:
Rollovers:
Bonus:
Gymnast -
LOC:
Cumbersome -
LOC:
Unsuitable - Out! 08/18-20/18 ★★★★
LOC 758: "In the matter of unsuitable clothing, Mark felt he had very good ground for considering she didn't have a ripped-stockinged, Doc Martened leg to stand on."
Bonus Bonus:
Gamy/Gamey -
LOC:

message 22: by Karen ♐ (last edited Aug 29, 2018 07:37PM) (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1396 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 31 August 2018

ballroom - Pg 48 - held in the Queen Victoria ballroom - Fulfillment K.M. Golland - 8/9
bead - Pg 52 - Beads of sweat had formed - Unleashed Cherrie Lynn - 8/2
biology - Pg 275 - If I ovulated yesterday, biology is going to win - Alexei Roxie Rivera - 8/24
coconut - Pg 134 - how heavenly her coconut shrimp tasted - Unleashed Cherrie Lynn - 8/2
crutch - Pg 145 - rehabilitation and walk around on crutches for another five to seven weeks - Fulfillment K.M. Golland - 8/9
frost - Loc 1834 - Robert Frost's poem spun up - Simple Faith Susan Fanetti - 8/12
motion - Pg 84 - the motion pressed her back - Unleashed Cherrie Lynn - 8/2
storm - Pg 41 - is the calm before the storm - Satisfaction K.M. Golland - 8/2
swamp - Pg 328 - I'm just swamped right now - Satisfaction K.M. Golland - 8/2
wander - Pg 63 - I wandered back to the bedroom - Satisfaction K.M. Golland - 8/2

Bonus

ambient
drowning - Pg 258 - his presence drowning her good intentions - Ruthless Lexi Blake - 8/8
hoof - Pg 1491 - Not so much as a hind hoof - McKettrick's Choice Linda Lael Miller - 8/22
imposter
unequal

and a bonus bonus
sawdust - Pg 179 - typical mercantile smells of clean sawdust - McKettrick's Choice Linda Lael Miller - 8/22

message 23: by Becky (last edited Aug 29, 2018 02:32PM) (new)

Becky (fibrobabe) | 1404 comments 16/16

ballroom The Idea of You- loc 4266- Hayes inclined his head to the ballroom floor, where, sure enough, his managers, a commanding couple, were in conversation with some record people but clearly staring daggers in our direction. 8/4-8/5
bead Facing West- page 138- I trailed soft presses of my lips down the length of a coiled snake on his chest, across the brushstrokes of random script, and down again along a tattooed image of rosary beads until I came to the top of his trimmed public hair. 8/1-8/2
biology Facing West- page 159- But then I think about family... biology. 8/1-8/2
coconut Stealing the Wind- loc 464- The meat was spicy and sweet, with a hint of coconut and tomato that was heavenly. 8/21-8/22
crutch Homecoming- loc 49- And the sunny waiting room was filled with sniffling kids, weekend warriors on crutches, and more than a few people who looked like they needed to be moved to the front of the line for stitches. 8/28
frost The Ruin of a Rake- loc 3701- Julian put some sham chilliness into his voice, mainly because he liked when Courtenay tried to cuddle his out of his frosty moods. 8/10-8/11
motion Queens of Geek- page 154- "Of course," I say, sliding my thumb and forefinger over my lips in a zipping motion. 8/2-8/3
storm Queens of Geek- page 234- I leave and walk through the green room, feeling like a storm cloud is hanging over my head. 8/2-8/3
swamp The Idea of You- loc 1855- It was the day before our July opening, and I knew they'd be swamped with detailing the show. 8/4-8/5
wander Facing West- page 207- He wandered over and greeted my shy cousin with a smile, causing Felix to blush and tuck his chin. 8/1-8/2

Bonus

ambient Clickbait- loc 1402- "It's a biological accident that could be accomplished adequately in a petri dish, and given the ambient warmth in my alleged family, probably was." 8/28-8/29
drowning Bearcity: The Novel- loc 3034- "To another successful BearCity!" Randy bellowed, signaling the entire crowd to throw back their shots in unison and cheer, drowning out Big Al. 8/8
hoof Bad to the Bone- loc 1664- "Welcome to On the Hoof, gentlemen." 8/5-8/6
imposter Bound with Passion- loc 443- "I felt so... oh, I don't know, like an impostor I suppose." 8/17-8/18
unequal Clickbait- loc 204- "However, I feel unequal to my usual performance, and if I can't win, I don't want to be on the board." 8/28-8/29

Bonus Bonus

sawdust Bad to the Bone- loc 224- "Yeah, I have it on good authority that you're a hunk even when you have sawdust in your hair."

message 24: by Kesha (last edited Aug 25, 2018 12:13PM) (new)

Kesha | 705 comments 2018 August Word Hunt

Read: 7/10
Bonus Read: 2/5
Bonus Bonus Read: 1/1

ballroom: As soon as Valentine entered the BALLROOM, Catherine began to shake. No Man's Bride (p. 36) - Shana Galen 8-1-18
bead:
biology:
coconut:
crutch: Tomorrow we'll get you to the hospital and outfitted with CRUTCHES. Crystal Caress (p. 49) - Zuri Day 8-10-18
frost: We could sit on the covered patio and have a FROSTY beverage or two. Any Man I Want (p. 204) - Michele Grant 8-25-18
motion: He MOTIONED towards the couch. Unforgettable: An Amnesia Romance (LOC 969) - Sosie Frost 8-4-18
storm: I passed Tabby to Rem and STORMED forward, ensuring the girls were only bruised, not broken. Babyjacked (LOC 3066) - Sosie Frost 8-3-18
swamp: I am back, and I am SWAMPED. Champagne Kisses (p. 191) - Zuri Day 8-5-18
wander: "Let's say...hypothetically...if a kid happened to WANDER outside without me knowing...how far could they toddle?" Babyjacked (LOC 798) - Sosie Frost 8-3-18

BONUS
ambient:
drowning: "I'm DROWNING in my own lust." Babyjacked (LOC 1064) - Sosie Frost 8-3-18
hoof:
imposter: What I was referring to is your girlfriend here, this Annabelle Givens - she made figer quotes around the name - "she's an IMPOSTER. The Vampire's Mail Order Bride (LOC 1216) - Kristen Painter (LOC 2138) - 8-7-18
unequal:

BONUS BONUS
sawdust "I think there's SAWDUST on the floor." The Vampire's Mail Order Bride (LOC 2138) - Kristen Painter 8-7-18

message 25: by Carly (last edited Aug 31, 2018 05:25PM) (new)

Carly (car88) | 65 comments AUGUST 2018 - WORD HUNT
·Post 26

10/10

BALLROOM - Holy Smokes location 453, 10% (8/6/18)
The reception was scheduled to follow the wedding, but since the hotel ballroom was booked for earlier today and not tomorrow, our chances of having that were nil.
BEAD - Holy Smokes location 716, 16% (8/6/18)
"How did they get Abaddon into a small Kensington shop?" Jim asked, scrunching itself down as to not get whapped in the face by flying beaded satin. "Don't be silly. This is London, not Hell."
BIOLOGY - Blaze location 3597, 75% (8/10/18)
His parents hadn't been biologically related to him, since his kind were born from the flames of hell, but they had cared for him. Loved him, even.
COCONUT - Blaze location 3623, 75% (8/10/18)
"Come here." Harper slid off her lounger and straddled him. "What?" He smoothed his hands up her back, breathing in the coconut scent of her sunscreen.
CRUTCH - Demons Don't Always Tell The Truth location 3552, 91% (8/18/18)
Derek pushed up to his knees, wobbled, grabbed the same exact branch Désirée had clubbed him with, and used it as a crutch to stand as upright as he was able.
FROST - Beast in Shining Armor location 1846, 31% (8/26/18)
At least a ton of snow fell from the clear summer sky…right onto Lancelot's head. He hit the ground, dazed and buried in a mountain in frost. Even wearing that stupid metal helmet, he was going to be feeling the impact of the avalanche for days.
MOTION - Growling For More location 556, 66% (8/11/18)
As soon as I hear the door click shut, I'm in motion. It's taken me all week to set this in place, and I want it to be absolutely perfect. I scurry around the shop, getting it ready, and just as I finish I hear him wiggle the doorknob.
STORM - Pr*ck Charming location 234, 12% (8/4/18)
And when that little ray of sunshine with her big wide eyes, soft red lips, and little white dress strolled into the storm of leather and tattoos and hungry looks, she was in more trouble than she ever fucking knew.
SWAMP - Phoenix Rising location 498, 31% (8/19/18)
Kelsey shifted her freshly painted pink toes away from the painfully skinny boy slapping his worn sneakers into the mud, sending a fine spray of swamp muck into the already heavy air.
WANDER - Claimed by Gods location 1389, 46% (8/13/18)
It didn't really seem right that the goddess of love should have a husband who apparently wandered off doing who knew what for ages at a time. How lonely must she get?

Bonus
2/5
AMBIENT
DROWNING - Demons Don't Always Tell The Truth location 1517, 39% (8/18/18)
Wiccans and Christians weren't always on the same page with their beliefs, plus there was that whole burning and drowning witches episode a few decades ago as witchcraft was supposed to be evil. Those type of things tend to linger in a witch's memory.
HOOF
IMPOSTER - Filthy Ever After location 787, 48% (8/24/18)
Nothing had changed. I still wasn't a princess. I was still an imposter at that ball tonight, and I still wasn't what a king like Rian was ultimately looking for.
UNEQUAL

Bonus-Bonus
0/1
SAWDUST

Carryovers
4/6
July
GLAMOROUS - Pretty Kitten location 1880, 43% (in Age of Night: Book One to Three) (8/28/18)
"Secret," she lied. Her reason wasn't exactly glamorous. She'd worked as a barista during her four years away at college.
UNSUITABLE
June
GYMNAST - Phoenix Rising location 708, 45% (8/19/18)
"Sweat, water, lotion-they all dilute that power-even if only a little, so this man always used a powder on his hands to keep them absolutely dry at all times. Like the chalk gymnasts use? It was pink like that, but grainier because he would grind bits of dried lavender into it."
May
CHLORINE - Holy Smokes location 3496, 79% (8/6/18)
"I knew one day I'd come face-to-face with the devil, although I didn't think that would be until Judgement Day, but since we're both here, I have a few things I'd like to say to you. Hitler! Terrorists! Chlorine in the water system!" "I think it's fluoride you're thinking of, dear, not chlorine," David said thoughtfully.
GREMLIN - Beast in Shining Armor location 4944, 82% (8/26/18)
"Do you think I could've defeated Pumpkin-Eater or Cleo? He was a cannibal and she was a mercenary, for crying out loud. Even that gremlin was too much for me, on my own. I'm just an accountant. No." He shook his head.
February
SIDESHOW

READ
Pr*ck Charming (Royally Screwed, #4) by Madison Faye Holy Smokes (Aisling Grey #4) by Katie MacAlister Blaze (Dark in You, #2) by Suzanne Wright Growling For More by Alexa Riley Claimed by Gods (Their Dark Valkyrie #1) by Eva Chase Demons Don't Always Tell The Truth (Kate Storm, #3) by Meredith Allen Conner Phoenix Rising (Phoenix Inc. #1) by Heather R. Blair Filthy Ever After (Royally Screwed, #5) by Madison Faye Beast in Shining Armor (A Kinda Fairytale, #2) by Cassandra Gannon Pretty Kitten (Age of Night, #2) by May Sage

message 26: by Deanna (last edited Aug 29, 2018 10:20AM) (new)

Deanna (dlbell208) | 86 comments Words: 10/10
Bonus Words: 5/5
Bonus Bonus Word: 1/1
Bonus Carryovers: 2/3

ballroom: My Boyfriend's Dad by Amy Brent - loc. 3663 - "'I do. Ballroom. I took it for years,' I said." - 8/2/18

bead: My Boyfriend's Dad by Amy Brent - loc. 1332 - "...and beads of sweat formed at the nape of my neck." - 8/2/18

biology: Spells & Death by Rachel Medhurst - loc. 743 - "It was human biology." - 8/12/18

coconut: Secrets of Submission by L.K. Shaw - loc 1764 - "I was going to stop for a coconut custard pie, and it completely slipped my mind." - 8/26/18

crutch: Secrets of Submission by L.K. Shaw - loc 2134 - "Marcus was using crutches and tired easily trying to hop around on one foot all the time." - 8/26/18

frost: Violent Delights by Linnea May - loc. 2512 - "...while the frost-covered grass outside is a clear indication of the crisp temperatures." - 8/3/18

motion: Undisclosed Desire by Linnea May - loc. 2399 - "She has trouble keeping up with my wide steps and bumps into me when I suddenly stop mid motion." - 8/4/18

storm: Undisclosed Desire by Linnea May - loc. 190 - "...her body moving like a flag waving in a heavy storm." - 8/4/18

swamp: My Boyfriend's Dad by Amy Brent - loc. 1607 - "I'll be swamped that day because of this vacation." - 8/2/18

wander: Violent Delights by Linnea May - loc. 257 - "A single tear rolls down my cold cheek as my thoughts wander to him."

BONUS:

ambient: Archangel's Enigma by Nalini Singh - p. 239 - "Even in places with zero ambient light." - 8/19/18

drowning: Tap Left by A. Zavarelli - p. 100 - "Close down the shop and save myself from drowning before I'm too far gone." - 8/1/18

hoof: Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - p. 130 - "The driver yelled something derogatory about my mother as his horses's flank brushed mt chest, leaving hoof prints and a wheel track just inches from my toes." - 8/23/18

imposter: Tap Left by A. Zavarelli - p. 36 - "She's chaotic and showy and nothing like this imposter." - 8/1/18

unequal: Violent Delights by Linnea May - loc. 1753 - "...about kid having unequal chances in life..." - 8/3/18

BONUS BONUS:

sawdust: A Baby for the Bad Boy: The Novel by Olivia Hawthorne - p. 74 - "I cut myself off, that word suddenly reserved for one girl only, it felt like sawdust in my mouth when I tried to call this one by her name." - 8/29/18

BONUS CARRYOVERS:

rambunctious: Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - p. 272 - "The little ones got rambunctious while the older ones moped..." - 8/23/18

gamy/gamey:

unbiased: Tap Left by A. Zavarelli - p. 25 - "His harsh opinions and unbiased judgment." - 8/1/18

Tap Left by A. Zavarelli My Boyfriend's Dad by Amy Brent Violent Delights (Violent, #1) by Linnea May Undisclosed Desire by Linnea May Spells & Death (Paranormal MI5 #1) by Rachel Medhurst Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8) by Nalini Singh Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs Secrets of Submission (Secrets, #1) by L.K. Shaw A Baby for the Bad Boy The Novel by Olivia Hawthorne

message 27: by Robin (last edited Sep 01, 2018 10:00AM) (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 95 comments 9/10 Words
3/5 Bonus
1/1 Bonus-Bonus
3/7 Leftovers
8 Books Read

Words:

ballroom Once Upon a Maiden Lane 8/31/18
LOC: Kindle 1283 "But now she was in a grand ballroom, in the most beautiful dress she had ever seen."

bead Scandal And The Duchess 8/2/18
LOC: Page 185 "...her only jewelry a mourning brooch, and a string of onyx beads."

biology Unforgettable 8/11/18
LOC: Page 116 "Rachel had a doctorate in Marine Biology."

coconut Unforgettable 8/11/18
LOC: Page 262 "Coconut pudding is Greg's favorite."

crutch Chase the Moon 8/25/18
LOC: Page 91 "It was Gracie Moon who'd offered herself as a crutch."

frost Murder in Little Italy 8/6/18
LOC: Page 84 "She recognized the silhouette through the frosted glass."

motion Scandal And The Duchess 8/2/18
LOC: Page 283 "...Steven said, motioning to the chairs which were right side up again."

storm Murder in Little Italy 8/6/18
LOC: Page 218 "A few seconds later, the kitchen doors flew open, and Patriza Ruocco stormed out."

swamp
LOC:

wander Single by Saturday 8/9/18
LOC: Kindle 2624 "I might be a city girl, but even I know not to wander off in the woods alone."

Bonus:

ambient Simple Genius 8/18/18
LOC: Page 339 "...but at least he could see in the absence of virtually any ambient light."

drowning Simple Genius 8/18/18
LOC: Page 120 "That indicates that he died by drowning."

hoof
LOC:

imposter Chase the Moon 8/25/18
LOC: Page 200 "Had she fallen in love with an imposter?"

unequal
LOC:

Bonus-Bonus

sawdust Chase the Moon 8/25/18
LOC: Page 67 "...it tasted like sawdust with every bite."

Leftovers:

Tomato (June) Murder in Little Italy 8/6/18
LOC: Page 129 "The aroma of garlic and tomatoes washed over them."

gymnast (June - Bonus)
LOC:

chlorine (May - Bonus) Simple Genius 8/18/18
LOC: Page 15 "Sean stalked outside and sat beside the hotel's pool, dangling his feet in the warm water and breathing in chlorine fumes while he finished his beer.'

jigsaw (March - Bonus)
LOC:

meddle (July - Bonus)
LOC:

rambunctious (July - Bonus) Unforgettable 8/11/18
LOC: Page 180 "Cody studied Lucky as she fed the rambunctious seal pups."

unsuitable (July - Bonus)
LOC:

Scandal And The Duchess (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6.5) by Jennifer Ashley Murder in Little Italy (Gaslight Mystery, #8) by Victoria Thompson Single by Saturday (The Weekday Brides, #4) by Catherine Bybee Unforgettable by Meryl Sawyer Simple Genius (Sean King & Michelle Maxwell, #3) by David Baldacci Chase the Moon by Dinah McCall Once Upon a Maiden Lane (Maiden Lane, #12.5) by Elizabeth Hoyt

message 28: by Andrea (last edited Aug 23, 2018 10:34AM) (new)

Andrea | 101 comments I'm in

10/10
Bonus 0/6

1. Ballroom - Tartan Candy - Aug5 - 5*
LOC 186 - "Raven forced his feet back toward the ballroom."
2. Bead - Tidal Change - Aug8 - 3*
LOC 578 - "He emerged headfirst in the middle of a circle, drops of water beading down his bare torso"
3. Biology - Night of the Living Manny - Aug12 - 5*
LOC 414 - "He remembered biology and dissection, but he was better with food and people."
4. Coconut - A Bookworm for Christmas - Aug19 - 5*
LOC 102 - "They're just sugar in the shape of a snowflake with coconut flakes dusted on top"
5. Crutch - Cask Strength - Aug9 - 2*
LOC 1052 - "Turning, he laid eyes on his ex for the first time since he'd limped away on crutches eight years ago."
6. Frost - A Bear Walks into a Bar - Aug10 - 2*
LOC 2230 - "Cool air seeped in from underneath his face shield, carrying the sharp bite of frost..."
7. Motion - Dead Silent - Aug3 - 5*
LOC 1410 - "Ronan made the motion with his index finger."
8. Storm - Finders Keepers - Aug15 - 5*
LOC 2448 - "An all-encompassing, raging storm and a peaceful summer breeze."
9. Swamp - Bigfoot Hunters in Love - Aug1 - 5*
LOC 921 - "A breeze carried a hint of swamp and underarm odor to his nostrils, and he stepped up his pace."
10. Wander - David's Selfie - Aug9 - 4*
LOC 1739 - "She wandered closer so she could murmur under the sounds of beeps and blips."

Bonus Words: 0/5

1. Ambient
2. Drowning
3. Hoof
4. Imposter
5. Unequal

Bonus bonus 0/1

1. Sawdust

message 29: by Amanda A (last edited Aug 31, 2018 09:33PM) (new)

Amanda A | 769 comments August Word Hunt
Completed: 15/16

ballroom - "Letting her shoulders slump, Pandora sat back in the chair and stared at the crowded ballroom scene." Devil in Spring pg 7
bead - "Eve scowled at her just long enough to see sweat bead on her brow..." Reunion in Death pg 167
biology - "...you are going to wish you listened in Biology." Does This Beach Make Me Look Fat?: True Stories and Confessions pg 11
coconut - "There's almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk..." Does This Beach Make Me Look Fat?: True Stories and Confessions pg 257
crutch - "Miss Hatchard would be heard, tapping across the hall on her crutches." Summer pg 171
frost - "Disapproval frosted the older woman's voice." Devil in Spring pg 9
motion - "Sebastian rose to his feet in a graceful motion" Devil in Spring pg 6
storm - "And summer storms" Devil in Spring pg 89
swamp - "Is there any folks living in the brown house by the swamp, up under Porcupine?" Summer pg 39
wander - "Under similar circumstances, I'd wander aimlessly..." Reunion in Death pg 27

Bonus
ambient - "I can see the ambient light shining in his big brown eyes." The 5th Wave pg 227
drowning - "She could see herself there, swimming in, drowning in that vivid blue." Reunion in Death pg 93
hoof - "...pressing on my shoulders as I hoof it to the open hatch." The 5th Wave pg 320
imposter - "If anything, I was an imposter." Born a Crime: Stories From a South African Childhood pg 222
unequal

and a bonus bonus
sawdust - "Sometimes the only meat we had was a packaged meat you could buy at the butcher called "sawdust"." Born a Crime: Stories From a South African Childhood pg 70

Reunion in Death 8/1
Devil in Spring 8/2
Summer 8/3
The 5th Wave 8/4
Does This Beach Make Me Look Fat?: True Stories and Confessions 8/5
Born a Crime: Stories From a South African Childhood 8/8

message 30: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11199 comments I'm going to try this one for the first time!

Jane, quick question- can I use the word 'frostbitten' for 'frost'?

message 31: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Aug 13, 2018 08:59AM) (new)

Fran | 11199 comments 2018 August Word Hunt

Regular Words: 6/10 Read- Getting hotter! Going for more if possible

1. Ballroom
2. Bead-
The Capture, Erika Wilde.
"...his hair in dreadlocks with beads and feathers."
3. Biology
4. Coconut
5. Crutch-"
Mistletoe, Baby, Donna Hill.
"..propel himself forward rather than use it as a crutch." page 196
6. Frost-
The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue, Mackenzi Lee.
"...then Father gives me a frostbitten look, and I drop my gaze." page 21
7. Motion-
Mistletoe, Baby, Donna Hill.
"..looked her over in slow motion." page 15
8. Storm-
"...as we waited for a storm to pass.....
9. Swamp
10. Wander-
"Every room we wander through is filled with people..." page 83

Bonus Words: 0/5

1. Ambient
2. Drowning
3. Hoof
4. Imposter
5. Unequal

Bonus bonus 0/1

1. Sawdust

message 32: by LaurLa (last edited Oct 04, 2018 02:16PM) (new)

LaurLa | 3523 comments August Word Hunt
August 2018

MY Word Hunt (msg 33)

10 of 10 Words Found
6 of 6 Bonus Words
8 of 8 Books Read

August Words
All Out of Love (Cupid, Texas, #2) by Lori Wilde Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides #2) by Catherine Bybee Well Hung (Big Rock, #3) by Lauren Blakely Unafraid (Beachwood Bay, #2) by Melody Grace Shiver (Romance on the Edge, #3) by Tiffinie Helmer

✔🌸ballroom:
All Out of Love - Lori Wilde - 08.19 ★★★★
Her mother insisted that both her children learn ballroom dancing. (loc: 335.8)

✔🌸bead:
Married by Monday - Catherine Bybee - 08.02 ★★★
Carter followed the lucky bead of perspiration that traveled down Eliza’s neck. (loc:24.7)

✔🌸biology:
“Here you go,” he said, handing me my biology book. (loc: 10.4)

✔🌸coconut:
Well Hung - Lauren Blakely - 08.21 ★★★★
Josie’s coconut layer cake is divine. (loc: 299.6)

✔🌸crutch:
Unafraid - Melody Grace - 08.04 ★★★
No crutch to dull my pain, (loc: 156.0)

✔🌸frost:
Shiver - Tiffinie Helmer - 08.05 ★★★★
The road was plagued with frost heaves that changed yearly... (loc: 149.6)

✔🌸motion:
The motion detectors caught him searching the bushes... (loc: 395.5)

✔🌸storm:
...she’d be nibbling up a storm. (loc: 270.5)

✔🌸swamp:
Shiver - Tiffinie Helmer - 08.05 ★★★★
But if he went into the lodge, memories where going to swamp him. (loc: 27.6)

✔🌸wander:
He wanders over to the corner, (loc: 46.8)

Bonus/Bonus Bonus Words
First You Run (Bullet Catcher, #4) by Roxanne St. Claire Unafraid (Beachwood Bay, #2) by Melody Grace Well Hung (Big Rock, #3) by Lauren Blakely Buried Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #2) by Carolyn Haines Pistols For Two by Georgette Heyer 🌸 All Out of Love (Cupid, Texas, #2) by Lori Wilde

🌸ambient:
First You Run - Roxanne St. Claire
Ambient light filtered through the arched openings along the front, (loc: 154.9)

✔🌸drowning:
Get your butt out here, we’re drowning. (loc:59.1)

✔🌸hoof:
Well Hung - Lauren Blakely - 08.21 ★★★★
I hoof it across town.. (loc: 204.9)

✔🌸imposter:
Buried Bones - Carolyn Haines - 08.17 ★★★★
Cece knew how to put the heat on an imposter. (loc: 339.4)

✔🌸unequal:
Pistols For Two - Georgette Heyer - 08.29 ★★★
...feel herself to be unequal to the strain of receiving his lordship. (loc: 304.3)

✔🌸sawdust:
A haze of perpetual dust—sawdust, deer corn dust, (loc: 119.5)

message 33: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20406 comments Yes Fran 🙂

message 34: by Beth (last edited Sep 01, 2018 04:50PM) (new)

Beth I'm in!

ballroom The Greatest Gift, Kallie George 8/6/18 p. 3 "Mona was just leaving the ballroom to find the squirrel"
bead Circe, Madeline Miller p. 42 "a stray bead landed on his lips." 8/5/18
biology The Hearts We Sold, Emily Lloyd-Jones 8/8/18 p.36 "this project is half our biology grade"
coconut The Hearts We Sold, Emily Lloyd-Jones 8/8/18 p. 165 "stir-fried vegetables and some kind of coconut milk soup"
crutch The Hearts We Sold, Emily Lloyd-Jones 8/8/18 p. 183 "What was that? A crutch."
frost Circe, Madeline Miller p. 249 "the air smelled of frost" 8/5/18
motion Circe, Madeline Miller p. 93 "I felt the first judders of motion." 8/5/18
storm Yes Please, Amy Poehler p. 13 "look for my dog in the fearsome storm." 8/4/18
swamp Mortal Engines, Philip Reeve 8/17/18 p. 57. "protected from hungry cities by a great chain of mountains and swamps that marked the Eastern limits"
wander The Greatest Gift, Kallie George 8/6/18 p.21 "Her thought kept wandering back to the gifts."

Bonus Words: 2/5 BUSTED

1. Ambient
2. drowning The Midnight Line. (Well, excerpt from next one) p. 375 "The sound went garbled, like a robot drowning in a swimming pool"
3. hoof The Midnight Line p. 250 "If you hear hoof prints, you look for horses"
4. Imposter
5. Unequal

Bonus bonus 1/1

1. Sawdust The Midnight Line p. 206 "Like sawdust mixed with ball bearings"

Onto September!

message 35: by Maritza (last edited Aug 28, 2018 05:29PM) (new)

Maritza (spanishwhispers) | 530 comments Monthly Word Hunt 
1 - 31 August 2018

Words Found - 8 of 10, 2 of 5 Bonus, of 1 Bonus Bonus

ballroom, The Banker’s Wife 08/17/18**** -Marina stood at the center of the BALLROOM... (pg 140)
bead, I Hunt Killers 08/04/18**** - and wiped at an imaginary BEAD of sweat on his upper lip. (loc 18:4%)
biology, I Hunt Killers - On Mondays, between Calculus and BIOLOGY, (loc 18,4%)
coconut, Full Throttle 08/10/18*** - "His name is COCONUT." (pg 139)
crutch
frost, Hand Me Down 08/28/18*** - The FROST will invade my chest again, (pg 221)
motion, Judgment Road 08/02/18**** - He lifted her hips and repeated the MOTION. (pg 206)
storm, Judgment Road - "Why is he called STORM?" (pg 187)
swamp
wander, Judgment Road - They might WANDER around naked. (pg 53)
Judgment Road (Torpedo Ink #1) by Christine Feehan I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1) by Barry Lyga Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1) by Kristen Ashley Full Throttle (Fast Track, #7) by Erin McCarthy The Banker’s Wife by Cristina Alger Hand Me Down by Melanie Thorne
ambient, The Banker’s Wife - The AMBIENT light from the port was fading away. (pg 227)
drowning, Rock Chick 08/07/18***** - and she was DROWNING her sorrow in Oreos. (pg 42)
hoof
imposter
unequal

sawdust 

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Jane (PS) wrote: "Good luck Cyndee!!"

Thank you Jane! I'm loving all the challenges in this group!

message 37: by Emily (last edited Sep 08, 2018 11:11AM) (new)

Emily | 752 comments The maximum number of words for each book is THREE. There is no page limit.

August
"ballroom She laid her hand on his elbow as he escorted her toward the ballroom.

Alder, Alanea. My Commander (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 1) (p. 211). Sacred Forest Publishing. Kindle Edition. 8.1"
"bead his. A bead of sweat begins to

Sanders, Ahren. Surrendering (Surrender Series Book 1) (p. 218). Ahren Sanders. Kindle Edition. 8.6"
biology
"coconut -I could use a fruity drink in a coconut shell right about now—

Asher, Brynne. Blackburn (Special Forces: Operation Alpha) (p. 8). Aces Press, LLC. Kindle Edition. 8.19"
"crutch You can almost feel the disapproval over the phone. He hates that word, but it’s my crutch.

Michaels, Corinne. Consolation (The Salvation Series Book 3) (p. 75). BAAE Publishing. Kindle Edition. 8.10"
"frost - borne. Beasts that are not called upon except to defend our frost-covered land or to utilize their awesome power as service to our people.

Ashley, Kristen. Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland Series Book 1) (Kindle Locations 5098-5099). Kindle Edition. 8.17"
"motion two steps outside when everything began to move in slow motion.

Alder, Alanea. My Commander (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 1) (pp. 174-175). Sacred Forest Publishing. Kindle Edition. 8.1"
"storm Storm Keep protects the Pacific Northwest region and Noctem Falls protects the Southwest region,""

Alder, Alanea. My Commander (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 1) (pp. 28-29). Sacred Forest Publishing. Kindle Edition. 8.1"
swamp
"wander them wander outside to explore, but I could use the fresh air myself.

Snow, Jenika. Ruthless Mountain Man (Kindle Locations 67-68). Kindle Edition. 8.10"

Bonus

Unlike with the 10 words above - you must find the EXACT word to claim these bonus words, and I try to make them hard.

"ambient curtains covered the entire glass wall, keeping out all ambient light.

Taiden, Milly. Mating Needs (An A.L.F.A. Novel) (Kindle Locations 2048-2049). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. 8.11"
"drowning“I feel like I’m drowning when I think about having to raise him,”

Vale, Lani Lynn. Quit Your Pitchin' (There's No Crying in Baseball Book 2) (Kindle Locations 1052-1053). Kindle Edition. 8.4"
"hoof - He heard hoof beats in the snow behind him, turned to see Oleg heading their way and tensed.

Ashley, Kristen. Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland Series Book 1) (Kindle Location 10377). Kindle Edition. 8.10"
"imposter - hi and hoped she was feeling better, but Harper felt like an imposter.

Cole, Scarlett. The Strongest Steel: A Second Circle Tattoos Novel (p. 417). St. Martin's Press. Kindle Edition. 8.20"
"unequal friendship was somehow unequal because of our financial situations.

Wilson, Sariah. Royal Date (The Royals of Monterra Book 1) (p. 19). Kindle Press. Kindle Edition. 8.23"

and a bonus bonus
"sawdust It all tasted like sawdust in my mouth.

Wilson, Sariah. Royal Date (The Royals of Monterra Book 1) (p. 92). Kindle Press. Kindle Edition. 8.23"

message 38: by Calila (new)

Calila | 2746 comments Can i use Biological ?

message 39: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 3523 comments unequal was my challenge killer this month!!! Finally found it but it took a lot of searching...

message 40: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20406 comments Yes Calila- it’s in the first group of words so that works :)

message 41: by Georgina (new)

Georgina Parkin (geosbookblog) | 258 comments Finished on post #6

message 42: by Chan (last edited Aug 24, 2018 09:25PM) (new)

Chan | 3886 comments Wow. People are finishing and I'm just getting started :o)

August
1. ballroom – Grey | August 1
Page 293: I leave the ballroom

2. bead – Grey | August 1
Page 110: I plead, as sweat beads on my body

3. Biology – Dirty | Aug 5
Page 138: Biology

4. Coconut – Must Fit the List | Aug 10
Page 17: it was nothing like the coconut oil treatment I gave myself

5. Crutch - Until Nico | Aug 7
Page 91: I don’t want to use you as a crutch

6. frost – The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window | August 2
Page 97: I’ll get frost bite

7. motion – The Viscount Who Loved Me | Aug 3
Page 370: She motioned to her hair

8. storm – The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window | August 2
Page 23: Storming off to my bedroom

9. swamp – The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window | August 2
Page 8: The car was immediately swamped by people

10. Wander – The Viscount Who Loved Me | Aug 3
Page 71: Drowning

Bonus
2. Ambient – Grey | August 1
Page 434: Her face is illuminated by ambient light

2. Drowning – Until Nico | Aug 3
Page 71: Drowning

3. hoof

4. Imposter – Until Nico | Aug 7
Page 69: I kind of feel like an imposter

5. unequal

ROLLOVERS
November Bonus
1. Geometric – Lingus | Aug 9
Page 109: geometric

March Bonus
1. Jigsaw – Lingus | Aug 9
Page 212: Jigsaw

May Bonus
1. Gremlin – Dirty | Aug 5
Page 85: I’m not a gremlin

June Bonus
1. Gymnast

July Reg
1. cabbage - Buns | Aug 14
Page 16: the fabric of which consisted of pink cabbage roses

Grey (Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian, #1) by E.L. James Dirty (Dive Bar, #1) by Kylie Scott Must Fit the List by Allie Able Until Nico (Until, #4) by Aurora Rose Reynolds The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) by Julia Quinn Lingus by Mariana Zapata Buns (Hudson Valley, #3) by Alice Clayton

message 43: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20406 comments Congrats Georgina!!!

message 44: by Rissa (new)

Rissa | 634 comments LaurLa wrote: "unequal was my challenge killer this month!!! Finally found it but it took a lot of searching..."

Me too! It seemed like a common word, too! But oh my gosh, I couldn't find it in any books! But finally did and I'm finishing it up! Almost done!

message 45: by Rissa (new)

Rissa | 634 comments Finished! See message 17!

Thanks for another fun month, Jane! :)

message 46: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20406 comments Congrats Rissa!!

message 47: by Anabell (new)

Anabell | 32 comments I am not sure if I can use the word imposter like it is in the sentence I found?

''… need to grab that imposter's wallet and make sure he was telling the truth....''

Hope you can help, thanks :-)

message 48: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20406 comments No. Because that word is a bonus word, you can’t use it. It has to appear in the text as imposter, not imposter’s.

Good luck finding it!

message 49: by Anabell (new)

Anabell | 32 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "No. Because that word is a bonus word, you can’t use it. It has to appear in the text as imposter, not imposter’s.

Good luck finding it!"

Hi Jane,
Thanks for the answer. I will keep looking :-)

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Hoof and unequal are haunting me! I keep finding "hoofing" but no hoof! ACK!

« previous 1