What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA or teen fantasy, magical mind control

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara | 2 comments This was a book that I would have read in the early 2000s, probably from a school library. I don't have much to go on except for one scene, I think from the end of the book, that is very clear in my mind.

The main character (whose name starts with a T possibly?) is being controlled by an evil wizard, who is using him to do (something). When the evil wizard is not in the room, someone with power (some sort of official?) leans close and says something along the lines of 'if you are in trouble, give me some sort of sign and I can help you get out of it'. But the MC can only listen and watch without being able to move any part of his body because he is being controlled by a spell. So as he cannot do anything, the official just looks disappointed and does not do anything to help.

Possibly before this scene, the MC was captured by the evil wizard and forced to be his servant? And possibly there was another main character who was female, with the book flipping between the two of them.

message 2: by Sean (last edited Jul 20, 2018 05:25AM) (new)

Sean | 24 comments was the book set in more modern times or ancient times or do you remember? also was the MC a mage himself or a non-mage?

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara | 2 comments Hi Sean,

I think it was more old times. And I have no idea whether the MC was a mage himself.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37833 comments Mod
Tara, are you still looking for this or did you find it?