Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

The Wild Dead (The Bannerless Saga #2)
This topic is about The Wild Dead
Group Read - The Wild Dead > Group Read - The Wild Dead - General No Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14288 comments Our mid-July group read book is Carrie Vaughn's follow-up to Bannerless. Are you planning on reading this book?
Please join in the discussion if you do!
These books feature a strong female main character who is an investigator in a dystopian future and are quick reads. I really liked the first book and we have group read discussion threads for it too.
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Just finished Bannerless and wasn't ready to leave that world so I'm glad there's another to go on to.

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Aha! A map of Coast Road! I'm delighted. I spent all of Bannerless wishing for a better idea of the geography.

message 4: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14288 comments Jan O'GeographyCat: Agreed! I picked up the paperback edition at the library yesterday and was thrilled to see the Coast Road map!.

OMalleycat wrote: "Aha! A map of Coast Road! I'm delighted. I spent all of Bannerless wishing for a better idea of the geography."

Geri I agree. The first book was really good. Such an interesting world! I will be starting the book today.

Bruce Perrin | 127 comments I have a break, the library had the book, and there's a group read. Sounds like a win-win-win to me. Haven't read Bannerless - hope that's not a problem.

message 7: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14288 comments Go for it Bruce: I think you will have a slightly different experience reading The Wild Dead first but imagine if you like it you'll get to Bannerless too afterwards. Both are quick reads, see you on the comment threads!
Bruce wrote: "I have a break, the library had the book, and there's a group read. Sounds like a win-win-win to me. Haven't read Bannerless - hope that's not a problem."

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Bruce wrote: "I have a break, the library had the book, and there's a group read. Sounds like a win-win-win to me. Haven't read Bannerless - hope that's not a problem."

Bruce, I just read both books back to back. I think you'll have a bit more oblique understanding of the practices of the Coast Road communities, but not serious enough to blunt your understanding of the overall story and themes. No real spoilers in The Wild Dead for the mystery in Bannerless.

I think you're good to go!

Bruce Perrin | 127 comments I'm glad that neither of you said, 'No, wait, don't read this book yet' because I don't have a backup plan. I only have the book for a week, but I may well go back and read Bannerless later.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bannerless (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Carrie Vaughn (other topics)