Lucy Preston Literary Society discussion

Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 27 comments Mod
Thank you SO MUCH for the recommendations, Shannon! And no worries, I've moved the topic from The Salem Witch Hunt to the general folder.

message 2: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shannon23) | 2 comments I accidentally deleted my comment. (It's been a long week.) Anyway, here are my recommendations again. They're all definitely related to Timeless in that they focus on a specific time period. And they have unconventional heroes.

Church of Marvels

The Game of Love and Death

The Shadow of the Wind

message 3: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 27 comments Mod
Sorry you accidentally deleted your comment. We all have weeks like that. :-\

Thanks for sharing the books again!

message 4: by Renee (new)

Renee | 16 comments 2 weeks ago I started a topic just like this in General called ‘books you might enjoy’. Maybe the mods can delete one of the topics or merge them somehow? No sense in having doubles :)

message 5: by Caroline D. (new)

Caroline D. (CarolineReads) | 6 comments Hey everyone! I don't know if people have heard, but The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks e-book is on sale for $2.99 right now, and I thought people might find it interesting to read. The description is "She was a poor black tobacco farmer whose cells became one of the most important tools in medicine, vital for developing the polio vaccine, cloning, gene mapping, and more. This riveting story follows the collision b/w ethics, race, and medicine, and of a daughter consumed with questions about the mother she never knew." The deal expires today.

message 6: by Des (new)

Des | 2 comments Where is it on sale. I didn’t see the sale price on amazon

message 7: by Caroline D. (new)

Caroline D. (CarolineReads) | 6 comments Des wrote: "Where is it on sale. I didn’t see the sale price on amazon"
The sale ended yesterday.

message 8: by Mich (new)

Mich | 5 comments Just thought I'd pass along a recommendation for anyone interested in reading more about the women's suffragist movement -- it was released this year and focuses on Alice Paul in particular. The title is "Mr. President How Long Must We Wait? by Tina Cassidy. It covers Paul's efforts to earn women the right to vote & the opposition she faced not only from Woodrow Wilson, but from society in general.