The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > Star Wars: The Clone Wars Has Been Revived

Comments Showing 1-50 of 119 (119 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Aaron (new)

Aaron | 268 comments Now they can finish it the way they wanted.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Has Been Revived-New Season Incoming! | Tor.com
https://www.tor.com/2018/07/19/star-w...

message 2: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Murrell | 330 comments I was just about to post this. I knew the S&L community would be all over it. I can’t wait!

message 3: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1646 comments YAY MORE AHSOKA!

Well I guess Filoni will have lots on his plates.

message 4: by John (Nevets) (new)

John (Nevets) Nevets (nevets) | 1593 comments That was my first thought as well Silvana, I’ve really enjoyed Filoni’s work, I hope he doesn’t spread himself too thin with both these projects going on.

message 5: by Misti (new)

Misti (spookster5) | 488 comments I'm super excited about this!

message 6: by Kev (new)

Kev (sporadicreviews) | 648 comments I too am pleased. Did you hear my daughter ugly-crying with happiness from her breakroom where she works? Yeah she saw the announcement there and burst in to tears she was so happy.

Ahsoka is her spirit-animal. They were the same age when my daughter started watching the show.

I got to watch both grow up together : )

message 7: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1646 comments That is so sweet, Kev. Glad that she is so happy. Did you guys watch the announcement clip? That last part was just...
Well I only watched TCW last year - basically a noob - but I could imagine how the old viewers would feel after all these years.

message 8: by AndrewP (new)

AndrewP (andrewca) | 2502 comments The bad part of this is that it will be on Disney's streaming service so your going to have to pay to watch it.

message 9: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8768 comments I am disappointed in all of you.

No one thought to say, “Revived, the Clone Wars are.”

message 10: by Ian (RebelGeek) (new)

Ian (RebelGeek) Seal (rebel-geek) | 680 comments I watched the trailer twice & got goosebumps both times!

message 11: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Murrell | 330 comments Trike wrote: "I am disappointed in all of you.

No one thought to say, “Revived, the Clone Wars are.”"

Down, we let you.

message 12: by Rick (new)

Rick | 2869 comments Trike wrote: "I am disappointed in all of you.

No one thought to say, “Revived, the Clone Wars are.”"

Strikes Back, does the Empire.

message 13: by Kev (new)

Kev (sporadicreviews) | 648 comments Silvana wrote: "That is so sweet, Kev. Glad that she is so happy. Did you guys watch the announcement clip?

We watched the trailer separately, she was at work (she's 21 now!) She texted me "DAD. DAD. DID YOU SEE?!"

I haven't watched anything from the panel where they announced it. I'm going to look for it now!

message 14: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Rob (robzak) | 6892 comments Mod
I'd have preferred a show about Ahsoka to be:

(view spoiler)

But I'll take any show with Ahsoka I can get. Plus this doesn't mean the show I really want can't still happen afterwards.

It's nice to see they will get to finish off the series properly though. The Ahsoka book helped wrap up some things, but I imagine a lot of fans of the show may not have read that.

AndrewP wrote: "The bad part of this is that it will be on Disney's streaming service so your going to have to pay to watch it."

I can't speak to other people, but I was probably getting the service anyways (Disney owns most of my childhood at this point), so this pretty much sealed the deal for me.

message 15: by Shad (new)

Shad (splante) | 352 comments Rob wrote: "I'd have preferred a show about Ahsoka to be:

[spoilers removed]

But I'll take any show with Ahsoka I can get. Plus this doesn't mean the show I really want can't still happen afterwards.

It's n..."

There is no reason they couldn't do the show about Ahsoka you want after this final season of Clone Wars.

message 16: by John (Taloni) (new)

John (Taloni) Taloni (johntaloni) | 4075 comments Overjoyed, my daughter is.
----------------------
She also says that Anakin shouldn't have tried to be a Jedi Knight even though he promised his mother he would, and that there were other options available since "not all Force jobs are stabby."

message 17: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Richter (stephenofllongbeach) | 1340 comments This is the Star Wars Show coverage plus a super cool segment on Star Wars wheelchair program for a few fans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjE2x...

message 18: by Rob, Roberator (new)

With the new season coming up next year (I believe Feb 2020) I was thinking of rewatching an abridged version of Clone Wars before then.

I found this thread on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/com...

But it was pretty unreadable so I turned it into a spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

It's 66 episodes in total. I'll probably rewatch it while playing WoW or something.

Anyone else planning a re-watch?

message 19: by Mark (new)

Mark (markmtz) | 2485 comments Rob wrote: "Anyone else planning a re-watch?"

Absolutely. Right after I finish SW Rebels (my first time).

message 20: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Rebels is excellent and I don't think has the need for an abridged guide. There may be a few you can skip, but nowhere near the level of Clone Wars.

I think overall Rebels is the better series because it's a tighter story, but Clone Wars is still my favorite be Ahsoka Tano is my favorite Star Wars character.

message 21: by Rick (new)

Rick | 2869 comments Im really curious to see, now that we're past the Skywalker family stuff, if future movies leverage some of these characters and others like Thrawn.

message 22: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1646 comments Rob wrote: "With the new season coming up next year (I believe Feb 2020) I was thinking of rewatching an abridged version of Clone Wars before then.

I found this thread on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sta..."

Hell yes, and thanks for the link!

message 23: by Mark (last edited Jan 04, 2020 03:46PM) (new)

Mark (markmtz) | 2485 comments February 17

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020/...

Another source says the video announcing the season 7 premiere date has been pulled, so, I dunno

https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-we-mig...

message 24: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1646 comments Mark wrote: "February 17

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020/...

Another source says the video announcing the season 7 premiere date has been pulled, so, I dunno

https://io9..."

So excited!

Feb 17....I might still have time to watch the rest of SW Resistance - it should be over by then.

message 25: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Richter (stephenofllongbeach) | 1340 comments I am glad someone else is watching SW Resistance because I am a bit sad it is going to be over after this season.

message 26: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Stephen wrote: "I am glad someone else is watching SW Resistance because I am a bit sad it is going to be over after this season."

Personally, I won't be sad. The show has been sort of a waste of potential to me. Plus, just when I thought it was getting good, they go back to annoying me with Kaz.

Not to mention I want more with (view spoiler)

message 27: by Louie (new)

Louie (rmutt1914) | 885 comments Yeah, I won't be sad either. I wasn't even going to continue watching after the first season, but after it was announced that it was only going to be a two season show, I thought why not finish it out.

message 28: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1646 comments Louie wrote: "Yeah, I won't be sad either. I wasn't even going to continue watching after the first season, but after it was announced that it was only going to be a two season show, I thought why not finish it ..."

my thoughts exactly

message 29: by Mark (last edited Jan 22, 2020 03:40PM) (new)

Mark (markmtz) | 2485 comments Latest trailer! Coming Feb 21

https://youtu.be/ZLW2jkd6E7g

message 30: by Rob, Roberator (new)

31 down, 35 to go on my abridged rewatch.

message 31: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1646 comments Rob wrote: "31 down, 35 to go on my abridged rewatch."

I saw that. I am moving more slowly - some I fastforwarded especially the Senate stuff.

message 32: by Rob, Roberator (new)

So far I'm finding the episode list to be pretty good. There is definitely stuff I forgot about. I haven't found any of the selected episodes boring.

Of course I'm mostly watching it while I'm doing mindless stuff in World of Warcraft..

message 33: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Murrell | 330 comments It looks great. I hope they show Order 66. I'd love to see how Rex reacted to it.

message 34: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Hmm. Now I'm trying to remember what they said about Order 66 in Rebels, if anything.

message 35: by Phillip (last edited Jan 23, 2020 07:50AM) (new)

Phillip Murrell | 330 comments It also looked like young Padawan Kanan was in the trailer with his master. That would be a fun cameo, especially if he got some lines.

message 36: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Phillip wrote: "It also looked like young Padawan Kanan was in the trailer with his master. That would be a fun cameo, especially if he got some lines."

Missed that. I have to go rewatch now!

message 37: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1646 comments Phillip wrote: "It looks great. I hope they show Order 66. I'd love to see how Rex reacted to it."

That would be great though they might just end it with the battle of Coruscant...

message 38: by Rob, Roberator (new)

For anyone else struggling to find it, I think it's here: https://youtu.be/ZLW2jkd6E7g?t=24

I had to pause it. He's standing around the back left-side of a command table as a hologram.

message 39: by Stephen (last edited Jan 23, 2020 09:14AM) (new)

Stephen Richter (stephenofllongbeach) | 1340 comments If you did the Star Wars: Kanan, Vol. 1: The Last Padawan it starts at Order 66. In the original Clone Wars animated series there was a whole story arc dealing with the chip installed into the clones and how one Clone ( Wolf I believe) found out when the chip went defective. Rebels, when Rex was first returned to the screen, had a brief explanation of the event. That is the episode when Rebels redid Jaws in a nice tribute.

message 40: by John (Nevets) (new)

John (Nevets) Nevets (nevets) | 1593 comments Rob wrote: "Hmm. Now I'm trying to remember what they said about Order 66 in Rebels, if anything."

I want to say there was a line or two in there about it. I'm guessing it would have been in season 2 episode 3 or 4. I just looked it up on IMDB, and something weird is going on with episode 3. If you look at it in the season layout, episode 3 has no description, and exactly 66 ratings. The one before and after look normal, and have over 700 ratings. I'm sure it is just coincidence, but that is a bit weird.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2930604/...

message 41: by Mark (new)

Mark (markmtz) | 2485 comments In addition to the tv show, IDW Publishing will release a Clone Wars comic mini-series, Star Wars Adventures: The Clone Wars – Battle Tales

Here's the press release

https://mailchi.mp/idwmediaholdings/s...

message 42: by John (Nevets) (new)

John (Nevets) Nevets (nevets) | 1593 comments So my 2 months with HBO ended Sunday, and yesterday I get an email fromHulu, that I can finally sign up for the package deal for Disney+ through them. I was planning on doing it anyway, just to watch the Mandalorian, but the timing is good for this series as well.

I did go and watch the episode 2-3 of Rebels, and it was as good as I remembered, and did have the brief line Stephen mentioned, about them all having a choice.

The thing is I totally did not realize, and in all the hype for this service didn’t see it mentioned, that they were hosting some of the greatest cartoon series of my childhood. Gargoyles, Tail Spin, and my avatars origin, Gummy Bears. Now I’m even more surprised that they don’t have the old Star Wars series of Droids, and Ewoks, or even the made for tv Ewok movies.

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) | 404 comments It's worth noting that if you have Verizon unlimited data, you can get Disney+ for free for a year.

message 44: by Mark (new)

Mark (markmtz) | 2485 comments Finished the Reddit 66 episode abbreviated rewatch just in time. Someone at Disney+ has created an even more abbreviated rewatch schedule and it's in the TV Series section. The Clone Wars 20 Essential Episodes consists of

S1 E1 E5
S2 E5 E6 E7 E8 E12 E13
S3 E2
S4 E21
S4 E22
S5 E6 E1 E14 E15 E16 E17 E18 E19 E20

Emphasis seems to be on the story up to Ahsoka's decision to leave. Nothing from Season 6 on this list.

message 45: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Yeah, I finished my rewatch a week or two ago. I thought it was a pretty good selection.

I feel like there are probably some other episodes with Ventress they cut out of the "must watch" list that may be on the enjoyable list. But it could just be that my memory is bad.

Also, I hope the new season helps wrap up her story too.

message 46: by Silvana (last edited Feb 21, 2020 05:06PM) (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1646 comments Just watched episode 1. Loved the graphics.

(view spoiler)

message 47: by John (Nevets) (new)

John (Nevets) Nevets (nevets) | 1593 comments Silvana wrote: "Just watched episode 1. Loved the graphics. "

Thanks for the reminder. I agree, I also liked the camera work, it all seemed very fluid.

I hadn’t been rewatching the old ones, so I was a bit surprised by the cold open. Then I remembered that’s how they did them, very efficient storytelling.

message 48: by Rob, Roberator (new)

With regards to episode 1:

(view spoiler)

message 49: by Phillip (last edited Feb 21, 2020 04:46PM) (new)

Phillip Murrell | 330 comments (view spoiler)

message 50: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Hmm. OK. I did watch that. I think. My memory sucks.

« previous 1 3