Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Beneath the Fallen City (The Omni Towers, #1)
This topic is about Beneath the Fallen City
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Same book, different title and series name

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Waters (jamieawaters) | 7 comments I retitled and revised this book (previously "The Two Towers") and released a new version (new title, new series name, new ISBN, etc.). Is it possible to merge the two? Or do they need to stay separate?

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18402 comments Combined Fallen City and Two Towers.

message 3: by Christie (new)

Christie Stratos (christiestratos) | 11 comments Bump - I need this info too. I retitled one of my books recently (new title, new ISBN, everything else the same), and now Goodreads has two entries for the same book - one with the original title, one with the new one. Can I merge these?

message 4: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Christie,
they should be combined.

message 5: by Christie (new)

Christie Stratos (christiestratos) | 11 comments If I hit combine, does it let me choose the title? I'm nervous to do it without knowing how it works. :/

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18402 comments If you press combine, it will take you to a list of all the works on which you are primary author, and you can select the works to combine there.

message 7: by Christie (new)

Christie Stratos (christiestratos) | 11 comments Okay, so I did that, but now it's all under the wrong title. :( How do I fix it?

message 8: by Christie (last edited Jul 26, 2018 08:24AM) (new)

Christie Stratos (christiestratos) | 11 comments I can change the book details (not sure if that's what I'm supposed to do), but it says only librarians can change the cover.

message 9: by Christie (new)

Christie Stratos (christiestratos) | 11 comments Never mind, I found it.

message 10: by Christie (new)

Christie Stratos (christiestratos) | 11 comments I think I did it right. The one that should now be the main edition is Brotherhood of Secrets. Let me know if I did anything wrong.
Brotherhood of Secrets: Victorian Psychological Suspense
Locke and Keye

message 11: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18402 comments As long as you only added the new edition and didn't change anything on the existing ones, it should be okay. It looks like they are combined correctly.

Just a couple more things, cover artists and designers are not to be added as authors, nor editors unless the book is an anthology. I've removed those.

message 12: by Christie (new)

Christie Stratos (christiestratos) | 11 comments Thanks, Scott! Yes, I've noticed that if I edit someone's book and they list me as an editor, the book is added to my author page as if I wrote it.
Thanks again!

message 13: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42441 comments Mod
It gets confusing when a thread linked to a specific book or author is also used for other books. I am closing this thread. Start new ones for other books.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.