Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) Nevernight discussion

Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle #1) by Jay Kristoff - Starting July 20th 2018

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa In a land where three suns almost never set, a fledgling killer joins a school of assassins, seeking vengeance against the powers who destroyed her family.

Daughter of an executed traitor, Mia Corvere is barely able to escape her father’s failed rebellion with her life. Alone and friendless, she hides in a city built from the bones of a dead god, hunted by the Senate and her father’s former comrades. But her gift for speaking with the shadows leads her to the door of a retired killer, and a future she never imagined.

Now, Mia is apprenticed to the deadliest flock of assassins in the entire Republic—the Red Church. If she bests her fellow students in contests of steel, poison and the subtle arts, she’ll be inducted among the Blades of the Lady of Blessed Murder, and one step closer to the vengeance she desires. But a killer is loose within the Church’s halls, the bloody secrets of Mia’s past return to haunt her, and a plot to bring down the entire congregation is unfolding in the shadows she so loves.

Will she even survive to initiation, let alone have her revenge?

Lacey I’m obsessed with this series 😍!! I’ve been chasing books similar ever since I finished Godsgrave 2 months ago, but nothing has been as appealing. I’ve already read Maas’s series, but think this series is more intense, and I like that more.

It definitely has some flaws, but I love strong female characters that can be ruthless and show a range of emotions, not just a cold stone, but also not having to break down eventually and be doe-eyed, weak and good natured under it all.

SPOILER FOR NEVERNIGHT!!**

Ugh, the biggest thing I hated was Mia and her once-best-friend-turned-betrayer-turned-lover situation 😒. They never had any hint of chemistry in the first book, and it just feels forced and just a hastily thought of plot twist. I love that she’s a bisexual character, but seriously that was the worst pairing idea.

Also, the end of page notations got annoying sometimes.

Lacey Oops I meant SPOILER FOR GODSGRAVE!!***^^^^

thegoddessofliterature I know I am super late but I just read NeverNight recently.
And I loved it.
I know most people didn't like DarkDawn but I adored it.
Even though I wasn't much of a fan for the ending.

thegoddessofliterature Lacey wrote: "I’m obsessed with this series 😍!! I’ve been chasing books similar ever since I finished Godsgrave 2 months ago, but nothing has been as appealing. I’ve already read Maas’s series, but think this se..."

I understand where you're coming from in terms of Ash and Mia's relationship but in my opinion, I adored them as you barely find female to female romances. Though, i did find it annoying how easily Mia Forgave Ash for what she had done to Tric.