The Breakdown The Breakdown discussion

Other books like this??

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

BrittsBookClub I loved this book and was hoping for some suggestions on other books that are like this! Please let me know!

Carol I'm almost finished "A Noise Downstairs" by Linwood Barclay which has a similar plot with a dash of Stephen King thrown in. Also Shari Lapena's "The Couple Next Door".

BrittsBookClub Carol wrote: "I'm almost finished "A Noise Downstairs" by Linwood Barclay which has a similar plot with a dash of Stephen King thrown in. Also Shari Lapena's "The Couple Next Door"."

Thank you! I'll check out the first one, I read the second one already! (:

sublimosa What is it about the book you liked? I hated it and can't believe I finished it, much less the fact that I've started another book by her (Bring Her Back) which I am also despising. Is it the subject matter or her back and forth "suspense"? If you like the constant zigzag of is she crazy is she not, you'll probably like Bring Her Back.

Renée The Woman in the Window by A.J Finn, Liar by K.L Slater, I See you by Clare Mackintosh

BrittsBookClub Renee wrote: "The Woman in the Window by A.J Finn, Liar by K.L Slater, I See you by Clare Mackintosh"

Thank you!

Carol sublimosa wrote: "What is it about the book you liked? I hated it and can't believe I finished it, much less the fact that I've started another book by her (Bring Her Back) which I am also despising. Is it the subje..."

I think it was the back and forth suspense that I liked. I didn't think the book was great in the classic sense and I figured out early on where it was going but it held my attention right to the end. I just finished Bring Her Back a few days ago and didn't like it nearly as well.

Emily DeArmas The Kind Worth Killing is a great thriller

Andrew C. Final Girls or the Woman in Cabin 10

Blaire Hill Brittani wrote: "I loved this book and was hoping for some suggestions on other books that are like this! Please let me know!"
Same author - "Behind Closed Doors" It is epic. Similar Author - Lianne Moriarty. All of her work is top-notch.

Susan it was okay for me - Behind Closed Doors was much better so I was expecting more

message 13: by Emmy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emmy Bennett Brittani wrote: "I loved this book and was hoping for some suggestions on other books that are like this! Please let me know!"
Paris writes other books. I plan on getting her other novels and reading them too.

Carly Cherland I read a lot of similar books to this style, here a few of the recent ones I have enjoyed

Looker
Sims, Laura

The Suspect (Kate Waters, #3)
Barton, Fiona

The Perfect Girlfriend
Hamilton, Karen

Watching You
Jewell, Lisa *

Foe
Reid, Iain *

The Water Cure
Mackintosh, Sophie

The Cliff House
Jennings, Amanda *

The Other Mother
Goodman, Carol *

Believe Me
Delaney, J.P. *

Our Kind of Cruelty
Hall, Araminta

An Unwanted Guest
Lapena, Shari *

The Perfect Nanny
Slimani, Leïla

The Perfect Mother
Molloy, Aimee *

A Stranger in the House
Lapena, Shari *

If I Die Tonight
Gaylin, Alison

Then She Was Gone
Jewell, Lisa *

Let Me Lie
Mackintosh, Clare *

The Woman in the Window
Finn, A.J.

Sometimes I Lie
Feeney, Alice *

Friend Request
Marshall, Laura

Carly Cherland Emily wrote: "The Kind Worth Killing is a great thriller"

Loved that one, Swanson has a new one out called Before she Knew Him. Can't wait to read it!

Sarah Barbeau One I would suggest is "The Twilight Wife " by AJ Banner

BrittsBookClub Thank you everyone!

Bianca & pancho Aldama definitely checkout harlan coben