English Translations of Scandinavian/Nordic Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Mystery (Non-Scandinavian) > Pierre Lemaitre - Inhuman Ressources - France

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited Jul 19, 2018 11:04AM) (new)

Ken Fredette (klfredette) | 4751 comments Mod
I know we have several people who like the French author Pierre Lemaitre Pierre Lemaitre because I have seen comments about his books Irène,Alex, and Camille. Well he has a new book called Inhuman Resources Inhuman Resources by Pierre Lemaitre which is on NetGalley now with a publish date of September 6, 2018. France.

message 2: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Goldberg (noirlitusa) | 23 comments Cool! Thanks Ken. I very much enjoyed the Lemaitre 3 book Camille Verhoeven series, esp the first 2 books. This new book has an interesting premise.

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary (1meow1) | 105 comments I too have enjoyed Lemaitre's books and look forward to this one.

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy | 17 comments Good to hear, really enjoyed the first two and have Camille still to go

message 5: by Mary (new)

Mary (1meow1) | 105 comments You won't be disappointed, Andy.

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary (1meow1) | 105 comments If you all enjoyed Lemaitre's books you may want to try, "Black Water Lilies" by Michel Bussi. The first time I read it and got to the end, I was blown away! Since it was a library book I had to return it. I immediately ordered on online. I had to read it again from a different perspective. Little history of Monet intertwined in the story to make it interesting.

message 7: by Sharon, Moderator (Netherlands) (last edited Jul 20, 2018 06:36PM) (new)

Sharon | 2447 comments Mod
Well thanks. Just downloaded 4 books by Michel Bussi. One just published April this year. Interesting the original published date order and English release date order! 2 not available yet.

Michel Bussi. France.
2011/2016 Black Water Lilies ✅
2012/2015 After the Crash ✅
2013/2017 Don't Let Go ✅
2014/2019 Never Forget
2015/2019 The Wrong Mother
2016/2018 Time is a Killer ✅

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miche...

message 8: by Mary (new)

Mary (1meow1) | 105 comments I didn't read any others by him so I can't give any feedback on those. It's funny how when you're browsing something jumps out at you and that's what happened with this book.

message 9: by Sharon, Moderator (Netherlands) (last edited Jul 20, 2018 06:36PM) (new)

Sharon | 2447 comments Mod
Mary wrote: "I didn't read any others by him so I can't give any feedback on those. It's funny how when you're browsing something jumps out at you and that's what happened with this book."

Look forward to the reads

message 10: by Icewineanne (new)

Icewineanne | 284 comments Have Blood Wedding by Frank Wynne (translator) Pierre Lemaitre Blood Wedding Frank Wynne (translator) Pierre Lemaitre on my “summer” reading pile. Looking forward to this, heard excellent things about it.

message 11: by ???!!! (new)

???!!! | 135 comments He is my top 3 favorite authors. Thanks Ken for the updates.

message 12: by Scott (new)

Scott Anderson | 14 comments Was this book first published in 2010?

message 13: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited Aug 08, 2018 07:56PM) (new)

Ken Fredette (klfredette) | 4751 comments Mod
??? Whats happening, it's now in the Available For Request section in Mysteries. It was in the Read section.