Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Please combine my books.

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason (new)

Jason Hamilton (storyhobbit) | 14 comments This book is mine, but someone else must have added it. How do I claim it so I can modify? https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 2: by Jason (last edited Jul 19, 2018 07:27AM) (new)

Jason Hamilton (storyhobbit) | 14 comments And also, this book is mine, but I already uploaded my book before this went up. How do I merge the two?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42494 comments Mod
The Adding New Books folder is for books that don't yet exist on Goodreads. Moved to Book Issues.

message 4: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments I've added the first book to your profile.

I added the second book to your profile and then combined the two editions. Both editions stay as they are in different formats.

message 5: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Oliver | 1 comments My novel, THE LONG ROAD, is listed under two different author's names. It is correctly listed under Daniel B. Oliver, but incorrectly listed under Daniel Oliver's profile. Can you merge the two novels and their reviews under Daniel B. Oliver? Thanks!The Long Road

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18618 comments Daniel wrote: "My novel, THE LONG ROAD, is listed under two different author's names. It is correctly listed under Daniel B. Oliver, but incorrectly listed under Daniel Oliver's profile. Can you merge the two nov..."

Author name corrected and combined.

message 7: by Jason (new)

Jason Hamilton (storyhobbit) | 14 comments Monique wrote: "I've added the first book to your profile.

I added the second book to your profile and then combined the two editions. Both editions stay as they are in different formats."

They are definitely not two editions. They are the same book on Amazon. I've changed nothing.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Jason wrote: "They are definitely not two editions. They are the same book on Amazon."

One is a Kindle edition, with an ASIN, and one has an ISBN -- no format provided. Will the book be available as an ebook through sites other than Amazon? Or perhaps the ISBN is for a print edition?

message 9: by Jason (new)

Jason Hamilton (storyhobbit) | 14 comments rivka wrote: "Jason wrote: "They are definitely not two editions. They are the same book on Amazon."

One is a Kindle edition, with an ASIN, and one has an ISBN -- no format provided. Will the book be available ..."

They are both the same ebook. The ISBN is what I inputted on Amazon, which then generated the ASIN. There is no print edition currently. And there is no version other than the Amazon version. It's exclusive to Amazon.

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Thanks for clarifying. In that case, it's the one with the ISBN which needs merging, and the merge is now pending.

Kindle editions on Goodreads are always listed with their ASIN, not an ISBN.

message 11: by Jason (last edited Jul 19, 2018 09:28AM) (new)

Jason Hamilton (storyhobbit) | 14 comments rivka wrote: "Thanks for clarifying. In that case, it's the one with the ISBN which needs merging, and the merge is now pending.

Kindle editions on Goodreads are always listed with their ASIN, not an ISBN."

Okay, well then I should not have added the ISBN. Sorry about that.

message 12: by Jason (last edited Jul 19, 2018 09:45AM) (new)

Jason Hamilton (storyhobbit) | 14 comments Is there a good way to automatically make me the author for my books when they are imported from Amazon? Or if I upload the book myself, to keep a duplicate from populating elsewhere?

message 13: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Jason wrote: "Okay, well then I should not have added the ISBN. Sorry about that."

No need to apologize. I was just providing the information for future books/editions.

Jason wrote: "Is there a good way to automatically make me the author for my books when they are imported from Amazon?"

No, books will import to the default (single-space) profile, and yours is the two-space profile.

Jason wrote: "Or if I upload the book myself, to keep a duplicate from populating elsewhere?"

If you add it with the ASIN in the ASIN slot, it will prevent another edition (with that matching ASIN) from importing.