Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Please delete this

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24803 comments That edition was auto imported from Smashwords, so I'm not sure what went wrong there.

Fixed the paperback edition of My Twin Sister and Me, and changed the description of Broken Chains.

Not sure about the Russian edition being separate, GR combines different language editions together. But you're saying its a completely different book? Just with the same cover & the translation equates to Razor Chains?

And just had a look at the other book A Hell for All Seasons, and found a whole lot of different books combined. They'll need to be separated.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24803 comments Separated the other books.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24803 comments Sorry, that's not how GR works. All combined works must be all the same material, and a collection of different works doesn't qualify to be combined.

Those books were short stories printed separately, doesn't matter if they were unpublished, this is a book cataloguing site, and we keep all published books. In the anthology edition you can state that they include all those stories, in fact, that is how it is normally done.

The Russian Broken Chains will remain combined with the other Broken Chain editions. That is also how GR works. All translated editions of a work are combined.

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21523 comments I updated the description for Broken Chains and set it as the default. It may take some time for it to copy to the other editions.

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24803 comments Definitely not helpful when the author deletes all her requests.