Call Me By Your Name (Call Me By Your Name, #1) Call Me By Your Name discussion

What other recent great gay novels are there?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gary Garth McCann I've enjoyed Probation and What Belongs to You. What else might I try? I'm also interested in reading the most literary of erotic gay fiction. Any ideas?

KeyserSoze Been meaning to read that book any good?

message 3: by Kel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kel Captive Prince trilogy. I read it more than a year ago and it is one of the books I reread every year. The plot is exquisite. Nothing is what it seems, especially in the first book.

Gary Garth McCann Thanks. I love At Swim, Two Boys and I love Edmund White but somehow missed Jack Holmes and His Friend, so I just ordered it.

message 6: by Andrea (new) - added it

Andrea Maurice by E.M. Forster, of course!

message 7: by Ian (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ian "Less" by Andrew Sean Greer. Winner of the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction. It is delightful.

Gary Garth McCann Thanks. Another friend mention Less. I look forward to it.

Carlos Mock Just finished my 7th novel: The Corner Queen -- La Loca de La Esquina: A Romance and A Revolution. Please support the writer and purchase from my website: www.carlostmock.com

In 1950 The Puerto Rican Nationalist Party organized a series of uprisings that took place in various Puerto Rican cities on October 30th. The uprisings were suppressed by strong ground and air military force. For most Americans, these events are unknown. For most Puerto Ricans, they are but another blood stain on our path to nationhood. ‘The Corner Queen -- La Loca de la Esquina: A Romance and a Revolution’ narrates the events preceding the revolt -- from March to November of 1950 -- from the point of view of a drag queen who innocently gets involved with Julio, a student revolutionary.

“Loved the storyline. Dr. Mock is excellent at creating believable characters, characters I care about, and he does a beautiful job building suspense. I really knew nothing about Puerto Rican history, so I think the historical context is fascinating. And I love the way he interweaved the poetry of Federico Garcia Lorca with the narrative. He has a very engaging style. It reminded me of Gabriel García-Márquez -- there’s a lot of humor packed into his descriptions. I think the book would make a wonderful film -- I imagine Pedro Almodovar as director. Dr Mock writes cinematically and vividly.” Dr. Ross Slotten, MD. Author of “The Heretic in Darwin’s Court; The Life of Alfred Russell Wallace”

“The soul of Puerto Rico, and that of yearning lovers everywhere, beats in the heart of the Corner Queen, a character for the ages, drawn in full cinematic detail, portraying the injustice of cultures and people trapped outside the laws of convention, striving only in the end for freedom and love.”Carmen Marti, the Apple Blossom Project

message 10: by Faria (last edited Nov 01, 2018 01:48PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Faria Temptation series by Ella Frank.

lise.charmel Wild Dogs by Helen Humphreys

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved the French writer Edouard Louis who wrote "The end of Eddy". It's another must read.

Erika Gretel The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne (author of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas) SO GOOD

message 14: by My (new) - rated it 4 stars

My Carry on, is really good

message 15: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim I hope you'll give my sixth novel Now I'm Here a look.

Here's the latest GR review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Marko Realmonte Gary wrote: "I've enjoyed Probation and What Belongs to You. What else might I try? I'm also interested in reading the most literary of erotic gay fiction. Any ideas?"

I hope you'll try my gay whodunnit... Murder at White Oak. (it's also a gay love story)

Marko Realmonte Ian wrote: ""Less" by Andrew Sean Greer. Winner of the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction. It is delightful."

I loved Less...I can relate to Arthur. (lol)

Marko Realmonte Carlos wrote: "Just finished my 7th novel: The Corner Queen -- La Loca de La Esquina: A Romance and A Revolution. Please support the writer and purchase from my website: www.carlostmock.com

In 1950 The Puerto R..."

seriously with this?

Crystal Gabriel wrote: "At Swim, Two Boys. One of my favourite books ever."

I'll have to look this one up. Thanks!

message 20: by Free (new) - rated it 5 stars

Free Fiction We are launching a gay novel at the moment, that we poured our entire souls into it. We really do believe it's great. Hope you don't mind the narcissistic suggestion! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 21: by My (new) - rated it 4 stars

My Half bad (serie) is really good : D