Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 82K YA Paranormal Adventure

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Iris (new)

Iris Devine | 25 comments Hey, everyone! I'm looking for Beta readers for my 82,000 word YA paranormal adventure.

Blurb:

Being branded the town weirdo because you have an “imaginary friend” sucks. Having to spend years shaking off that crazy-kid reputation sucks even worse. But at sixteen, Cole’s finally done it. He’s convinced everyone in town he isn’t crazy. Now, he just has to keep his conversations with Charlotte--the dead girl only he can see--behind closed doors.

When a powerful ghost known as the “The Gray Man” finds and kidnaps Cole’s family, Cole accepts the help of Zara, a teenage ghost hunter, who offers to help find and rescue them. Charlotte doesn’t put much faith on Zara’s claims, but goes along for the ride. After all, Cole’s the only friend she’s got, and she’s not about to let him go at this alone.

But soon, it becomes clear that Zara’s true motive for helping isn’t as altruistic as she first made it seem. With the help of the maimed ghost of her long-dead brother, Zara hatches a plan to rid the world of all its dearly (and not-so-dearly) departed, ending all their “suffering” once and for all. A plan that happens to require the participation of deeply-bonded ghosts and humans. Unfortunately for Cole and Charlotte, they have no idea what Zara’s setting them up for.

message 2: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Crystal-Thurston | 29 comments Hi Iris,

I would be happy to read this. If you are interested in having me as a beta reader, please send me an email: thepancreas11@gmail.com. In the email, let me know what sorts of things you are particularly concerned about with your story.

Thank you,
Bryan

message 3: by Iris (new)

Iris Devine | 25 comments Bryan wrote: "Hi Iris,

I would be happy to read this. If you are interested in having me as a beta reader, please send me an email: thepancreas11@gmail.com. In the email, let me know what sorts of things you ar..."

Hi Bryan,

Sorry for the delayed response! I didn't get a notification that someone replied to my post until now. Thank you so much for offering to read! I'll email you the google doc of my novel.

Iris

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (nakceb) | 19 comments Hi Iris,

If you are still looking for beat readers then I would be very interested to read this.

If you would like me to read and give feedback, send me a message and we can discuss.

Rebecca

message 5: by Iris (new)

Iris Devine | 25 comments Hi Rebecca,

Yes, I'd love to have another beta reader! I'll message you.

Iris

Rebecca wrote: "Hi Iris,

If you are still looking for beat readers then I would be very interested to read this.

If you would like me to read and give feedback, send me a message and we can discuss.

Rebecca"