Just One More Chapter discussion

Without Merit
This topic is about Without Merit
Archived Buddy Reads > Buddy Reads - Nicole, Judy and Hanya - Without Merit - 25/07/18

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hanya (last edited Jul 22, 2018 09:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hanya Khan (hanya_khan) | 304 comments Book : Without Merit Without Merit by Colleen Hoover
Author : Colleen Hoover
Pages : 385 pages
Buddies : Hanya , Nicole & Judy
Start Date : 25/07/2018

The Voss family is anything but normal. They live in a repurposed church, newly baptized Dollar Voss. The once cancer-stricken mother lives in the basement, the father is married to the mother’s former nurse, the little half-brother isn’t allowed to do or eat anything fun, and the eldest siblings are irritatingly perfect. Then, there’s Merit.

Merit Voss collects trophies she hasn’t earned and secrets her family forces her to keep. While browsing the local antiques shop for her next trophy, she finds Sagan. His wit and unapologetic idealism disarm and spark renewed life into her—until she discovers that he’s completely unavailable. Merit retreats deeper into herself, watching her family from the sidelines when she learns a secret that no trophy in the world can fix.

Fed up with the lies, Merit decides to shatter the happy family illusion that she’s never been a part of before leaving them behind for good. When her escape plan fails, Merit is forced to deal with the staggering consequences of telling the truth and losing the one boy she loves.

SPOILER ALERT! Spoilers are allowerd in this thread.

If you want to buddy up with someone please sign up here Buddy Reads SIGNUP

Hanya Khan (hanya_khan) | 304 comments Chapter 9:
(view spoiler)
Also, I'm kinda annoyed by Merit

Judy Ohhh (judyohh) | 4 comments I am on only 21% of the way through the book, on Ch.4....so far it is okay. Nothing exciting yet just getting introduced to the family members and the family dynamics. Colleen Hoover hasn't let me down yet, so I am patiently waiting lol

Hanya Khan (hanya_khan) | 304 comments Ohhhh
Well, I completed it a while ago and I rather liked it
Hope you will too

Judy Ohhh (judyohh) | 4 comments Hanya wrote: "Ohhhh
Well, I completed it a while ago and I rather liked it
Hope you will too"

Oh i am sure i will. I will keep you posted

Judy Ohhh (judyohh) | 4 comments holy crap!!! I finished the book and it was soon good!! When she wrote the letter i was like HOLY SHIIIITTT!!! There is NO going back!! And a part of me felt bad for Merit. You know, being the gatekeeper to the family's secrets. But once everything started to unravel and we learned the truth about everyone, i was semi annoyed with her!!

Like talk about judging a book by its cover and then just being sooooo freaking wrong...not once or twice...but like with EVERYTHING!! The Dad's truth probably broke my heart the most. Then Honor's. Mouth hit the floor

She was so self-absorbed that she made herself a stranger to her own family!

Anyway, i absolutely loved the message. This whole thing about perspective and life sometimes being what we make out of it based on our outlook/perspective. It was a nice eye opener.

I appreciate Colleen Hoover for not giving us a cliche romance novel. Like there was def romance involved but it was the focus, which was def refreshing!

all in all i really enjoyed the book. Sorry so delayed ladies!!

Hanya Khan (hanya_khan) | 304 comments You're definitely right. I completely agree with everything you just said
Merit was sometimes too hot headed
Oh, and I loved the story Sagan wrote, it was just so amazing

Hanya Khan (hanya_khan) | 304 comments By the way, who was your favorite character in the book?

message 9: by Judy (last edited Aug 03, 2018 12:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy Ohhh (judyohh) | 4 comments Hanya wrote: "By the way, who was your favorite character in the book?"

Well i mean besides Moby, bc who doesnt love a inquisitive 4yo lol. I would have to say Sagan. I just loved the way he looked at the world. Runner up would be Luck though.

How about you?

Also that story he wrote was everything!! And the tattoos at the end *sighhh* so sweet

Hanya Khan (hanya_khan) | 304 comments My favorite character was definitely Sagan. The rest of the characters are dull compared to him though I liked Luck as well.
I have a lot of respect for Victoria (the new one). She didn't judge anyone and was okay with Merit's mother living in their basement. I mean, that's a big thank ng to do for someone

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Without Merit (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Colleen Hoover (other topics)