The Sapphic Squad discussion

Girl Made of Stars
This topic is about Girl Made of Stars
Old Reading Months > 18/7: Girl Made of Stars - Discussion Thread

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elle (ellexamines) (ellexamines) | 70 comments Mod
description

Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake follows Mara, whose twin brother has just been accused of rape, as she navigates her own trauma and her complex feelings towards someone she thought she loved. This one is a really emotionally cathartic book, but it is definitely a hard read - there is extensive discussion of rape culture and sexual assault in general, and and an on-page flashback to a traumatic experience. The romance is between the bi lead and her ex-girlfriend Charlie, who is nonbinary. This is also by the author of the immensely popular and completely awesome How To Make A Wish.

This is one of my favorite books of the year and I'm so excited for the group to read it!! We'll be reading it from July 17th to July 31st and I hope you'll all join me <3 you can make notes down below!

message 2: by Stella (new) - added it

Stella ☆Paper Wings☆ | 21 comments I'm so glad you guys chose this book, because otherwise I probably would have been too intimidated by the hype to actually read it! I LOVED How to Make a Wish, but I read this book in one sitting and I might even like it better than her other books?!

Iamshadow | 3 comments Oooh, haven't read this one yet, and I have an ebook copy just waiting for me. Might have to wait until I'm over my cold, though, so I'm emotionally robust enough for the subject matter.

Scarllet ✦ iamlitandwit (iamlitandwit) | 4 comments I just finished Girl Made of Stars & I've just gotta say wow.

Carly (readingismykindofthing) I read this book for Sapphic Squad and and as I'm writing this I don't have the words to express what this was. I was astounded within the short amount of pages what the author was able to make me feel. Thank you for recommending this book!