Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Ritual in Death (In Death, #27.5)
This topic is about Ritual in Death
Previous BRs - Authors; Q - T > Robb, J. D.-- Ritual In Death informal buddy read starts July 21, 2018

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31133 comments Mod
This thread is open to discuss Ritual in Death by J.D. Robb.

Synopsis
When a high-society party is crashed by a naked, knife-wielding, blood-covered man who "thinks" he might have killed someone, Eve Dallas must track down the crime, and the criminals. Everything points to Satanic ritual, but Eve doesn't believe in devil worship.…

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31133 comments Mod
reserved

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5071 comments I might be a few days later on this one as I am waiting on my copy in the mail.

LaurLa | 1900 comments No problem. I'll just check back. Or you can mention it in the other thread if it shows up.

Suzanne | 3829 comments I just read the first chapter before bed. Although I do like getting dressed up sometimes, wow I can sure agree with Eve's thoughts about parties :)

message 6: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura | 3572 comments Suzanne wrote: "I just read the first chapter before bed. Although I do like getting dressed up sometimes, wow I can sure agree with Eve's thoughts about parties :)"

Me, too!

Suzanne | 3829 comments I enjoyed this - I think it is the first "In Death" shorter story that I've read. I thought the author did a good job with providing a mystery and solution in a small amount of pages.

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura | 3572 comments Suzanne wrote: "I enjoyed this - I think it is the first "In Death" shorter story that I've read. I thought the author did a good job with providing a mystery and solution in a small amount of pages.

The murder..."

The novellas are often mystical. And they are often referenced in the following book.

I also highly recommend Big Jack. But first read Hot Rocks.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5071 comments Hopefully I'll get my copy tomorrow just in time to buddy read before the end of July.

Suzanne | 3829 comments Oh cool - thanks Laura.

Lisa I hope you do too! I'm kind of sad the buddy reads are being cut off, although I'm still planning on doing lots because I've enjoyed them a ton.

And this one is a short read - as long as you get the book you'll finish no problem =)

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5071 comments Phew, I finally got the book today. Lucky it's a short one so I'll finish before the cut off.

I've enjoyed the buddy reads too, I guess we can still do them but the added points was a huge incentive.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5071 comments Got it read this afternoon as it was a quick read.

I could sympathise with Eve not liking going to her husband's functions, LOL. Been in that boat.

This was a bit short for me, and not much to work out for the reader. But always good to catch up with Eve, Roarke, Peabody and the Gang.

Suzanne | 3829 comments Good summary - not much to figure out - Eve just did all the work for us. I'm glad you got the book and could read it by end of month!

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5071 comments Thanks Suzanne. It did work out rather well, LOL.