Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Pearls...
This topic is about Pearls...
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Please add book to my profile

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by E. (new)

E. Hughes | 11 comments This is my new book. Please add to my profile. Thank you!

message 2: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Done.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43545 comments Mod
The Adding New Books folder is for books that don't yet exist on Goodreads. Moved to Book Issues.

message 4: by E. (new)

E. Hughes | 11 comments E. wrote: "This is my new book. Please add to my profile. Thank you!"

Awesome, thank yoU! ONE QUESTION... I noticed there is an extra space in my author's name on Goodreads. It's E. (space) Hughes and I think that's causing issues when a book is imported. I tried to correct my name to E. Hughes but it does not give me permission to that. Is it possible to fix my name so that there is not two spaces between E. and Hughes? Thank y ou so much for your help!

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21333 comments You were likely given that profile to separate you from a previously existing E. Hughes.

message 6: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments The two spaces allow us to disambiguate your author profile from other E. Hughes profiles. That's not something we can change.

message 7: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments I moved your books from the default 1-space profile to your profile and there were only 2 books left, so I moved them to a 3-space profile for now (these are not actively publishing authors).

This gives you a possibility to ask the support to move you to default, 1-space profile if you wish.
Just keep in mind that with a 1-space profile you'll need to request any auto-imported books that are not yours to be moved from your profile.

message 8: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Donley | 4 comments My new book is not showing up in my author profile b/c I accidentally published it in Kindle with spaces between the initials. It's created a separate author profile b/c of that. I've fixed it on Amazon but it's still hasn't reflected on Goodreads.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 9: by Olivia (last edited Jul 18, 2018 04:22PM) (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments #8
Book moved to yours.
Merging empty editions.

Please note that this thread is attached to a specific book and it gets confusing when a thread linked to a specific book or author is also used for other books. Please next time start a new one for other books.

message 10: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Donley | 4 comments sorry! first time using the forums

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.