Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available to read fiction: YA, Romance & Erotica (including m-m), Paranormal, Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maureen (new)

Maureen | 9 comments Hi!
I currently have openings to beta read complete manuscripts in any of the following genres:
YA (including most sub genres)
Romance and erotica (including m-m)
Fantasy
Folklore / Fairy tales
Paranormal

If you have a question about your novel fitting into one of the genres above, feel free to reach out and ask.

As a beta reader, I will look for the following:
Grammar
Plotline consistencies
Character development
Overall flow

I will provide any questions, thoughts, or general comments I have while reading as well. I am a self-published author and have been through this process, as well as formal editing and formatting processes, and will do my best to pass along any relevant insights or recommendations I may have in addition to the above. After reading a manuscript, I ask for a few days to mentally process the work, which allows me time to give more thought to the plot and characters. I ask for 2-3 weeks in total once I begin, and will let you know if I am going to need any additional time.

If interested, please send an email to mbsaul1@gmail.com and I'll get back to you on whether it seems like a good fit and how soon I'll be able to begin. In your email, please include book name, author name, synopsis, and if you are wanting me to provide feedback on anything in particular. If everything looks good, I'll just need your manuscript sent in a Word doc so that I am able add notes directly from the commenting function.

Thank you!
M Saul

message 2: by Eunice (new)

Eunice Nascimento | 5 comments Hi. Do you charge? If so, what is your rate?

message 3: by Maureen (new)

Maureen | 9 comments Hi Eunice,
I do not currently charge. I had great free beta readers for my novel when I went through this process and am trying to pay it forward :)

message 4: by Eunice (new)

Eunice Nascimento | 5 comments Thanks Maureen.

message 5: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 29 comments Hi Maureen
Sent an email. Thanks for the offer and your consideration.

message 6: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 13 comments Hi Maureen, I would love for you to check out my fantasy book. Can't wait for a response.

message 7: by Maureen (new)

Maureen | 9 comments I am no longer offering free beta services at this time but will continue to do so once a year. But I do have a site of beta services in the paid discussion group. For more information, visit my post in that thread.

Thank you!