Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > 24 in 48 Readathon this weekend

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AJ (new)

AJ Timberlake (ajtimberlake) | 825 comments Is anyone joining the 24 in 48 readathon this weekend? The idea is to read for 24 hours from 00:00 on Saturday in EST and ending at 23:59 on Sunday. I am really excited to try and read for this amount of time.

message 2: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8651 comments Wow! Good luck! I wish I thought I had the time for it! But... maybe I'll see how much I can do. Maybe I'll try for more than usual!

message 3: by Chili (new)

Chili Hanson (chilipinkcat) | 110 comments I’m going to give it a shot. I think I might be able to do this easier than reading for 24 hours straight.

message 4: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7210 comments As much as I'd love to do just this, I don't think it will be possible this weekend. I might try it on my own the next time my husband visits his mother if it's possible with my schedule. I think this is much healthier than 24 hours straight, but if I were to do this, I would include audiobooks as part of it.

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments If only I didn’t have kids!

message 6: by Karin (last edited Jul 18, 2018 07:10PM) (new)

Karin | 7210 comments Susie wrote: "If only I didn’t have kids!"

That certainly bites into reading time. I had a number of years were most of what I read was read out loud to my kids.

message 7: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7782 comments This sounds heavenly! I may do it later in August, but I am off on vacation Friday!

message 8: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2505 comments Sounds heavenly though I can’t participate this time. Now if I could throw everyone out of the house and take the phone off the hook ...

message 9: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8651 comments I am volunteering on Sun morning and have plans with a friend to help me put together some shelving (that's been waiting for over a year!) on Saturday morning. May buy my friend lunch after for helping me out. So, not sure how much time I'll have otherwise, but I will certainly try!

message 10: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 1597 comments I bet I have done this without realizing some weekends since during the winter it is so easy to curl up with a book for extended time. This time of year the weather is gorgeous and my reading slows down because I'm either hiking or doing yard work.

message 11: by AJ (new)

AJ Timberlake (ajtimberlake) | 825 comments I’ve begun. I’ll let you know how far I get

message 12: by Idit (new)

Idit | 1028 comments What is this magical thing you are talking about... spare time... time for ourselves on the weekend. Ha! {crying in the corner}
Have fun!

message 13: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8651 comments Idit wrote: "What is this magical thing you are talking about... spare time... time for ourselves on the weekend. Ha! {crying in the corner}"

LOL! I just finished my morning "plans" (had a friend come by to help me build some storage shelves).

I could spend extra time on my PC today organizing a calendar I'm making with my photos and/or simply organizing photos (some stuff I still want to do in my last week of holidays).

I also want to unpack more stuff (from my move 2 years ago! Most of what still "needs" to get unpacked is decorative stuff) and rearrange (and make use of the new storage shelves!).

But, this can give me an excuse to procrastinate (more!!!!), I suppose!

message 14: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8651 comments I think I did about 5-1/2 hours yesterday. Might have been about 2 hours more, except I fell asleep! I suspect I will spend a similar amount of time today, but I was hoping to get 12 hours over the two days... we'll see!

message 15: by AJ (new)

AJ Timberlake (ajtimberlake) | 825 comments I’m giving up now at 21 and a half hours. Finished almost a thousand pages

message 16: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2505 comments Way to go, AJ. 21 hours is amazing! Next time I have a weekend to myself, I’ll have to give it a go. But I don’t think I’d be able to go that long. My attention span isn’t what it used to be ...

message 17: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8651 comments AJ wrote: "I’m giving up now at 21 and a half hours. Finished almost a thousand pages"

WOW! That's amazing, AJ! It's 11:00pm for me right now. Do I count till midnight my time? I did almost another 5-1/2 hours today and may get in a bit more before midnight - depends how long I'm online. :-)