Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > All I Did was Shoot my Man by Walter Mosley - 3 Stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gerry (new)

Gerry Walter Mosley is one of my favourite writers. I love the way he brings me to places that I can never go myself. I have read every single Easy Rawlins mystery and many of his stand-alone novels. I loved the first Leonid McGill mystery, but this one was just too convoluted for me to follow. It gets three stars because Mosley is a superior writer and storyteller, very smart and with characters you can like even when they are not always likeable, but I couldn't give it more because I was confused for more than half of the book about what was happening and who did what to whom.

message 2: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7206 comments Hmmm, I wonder if I would like it because it's convoluted or dislike it. I've never read Walter Mosley, so am not sure if I will like him or not yet.

message 3: by Gerry (new)

Gerry Take notes. That might help. He's certainly worth a read, although my wife thinks of him a bit as a guy's writer.

message 4: by Charlie (new)

Charlie  Ravioli (charlie_ravioli) | 493 comments I've only ever read Devil in a Blue Dress by Mosley (and liked it). Curious to know what's your favorite of the Easy Rawlins mysteries?

message 5: by Gerry (new)

Gerry Charlie wrote: "I've only ever read Devil in a Blue Dress by Mosley (and liked it). Curious to know what's your favorite of the Easy Rawlins mysteries?" I'm not sure if I have a favourite, but I think he stretches credulity a bit with some of his more recent volumes. If you liked Devil in a Blue Dress, I would just keep reading chronologically and see how things progress.