Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Pepe Construye un Nido (Historias para los Primeros Años #1)
This topic is about Pepe Construye un Nido

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theodore (last edited Jul 18, 2018 10:12AM) (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments I love the KDP platform...

It took me about a hour last night to convert the paperback edition of my Spanish childrens book, Pepe Construye un Nido (Pepe Builds a Nest) to a Kindle edition. The latter was submitted as a Word document at 10 pm EDT last night, and by 10 am this morning, it was available on Amazon.com.

Just submitted the French version to KDP; I expect it will go "live" before I'm even awake tomorrow morning.

I'm still amazed at how easy it is to publish using Amazon's various platforms.

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Theodore wrote: "I love the KDP platform...

It took me about a hour last night to convert the paperback edition of my Spanish childrens book, Pepe Construye un Nido (Pepe Builds a Nest) to a Kindle edition. The la..."

It's awesome that you have translated versions available. I hope they help to generate some interest and income for you.

Out of curiosity, did it cost much to get the books translated? On a per word basis I mean, I would like to get my books translated, but like with audio books, I fear the cost is out of my reach at the moment.

message 3: by Theodore (last edited Jul 18, 2018 11:05AM) (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Alex wrote: "Theodore wrote: "I love the KDP platform...

It took me about a hour last night to convert the paperback edition of my Spanish childrens book, Pepe Construye un Nido (Pepe Builds a Nest) to a Kindl..."

Actually, friends helped me with the translations. The cost was a generous supply of the published, translated books.

The childrens books, which are relatively short, are the only ones I've had translated.

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1115 comments Yes, modern technology is truly awesome - it never ceases to amaze me and I am very grateful to Amazon for being there at the very time I decided to write! Very nice of them.

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Theodore wrote: "Actually, friends helped me with the translations. The cost was a generous supply of the published, translated books.

The childrens books, which are relatively short, are the only ones I've had translated.."

How awesome that you had friends capable of doing it, and they were willing to do so in exchange for copies of the books. Right now I wish I had stuff French, at the least, more assiduously when I was at school. Mind you, even if I had, I'd probably have forgotten it by now, 25 years is a long time when you don't make use of something regularly.

message 6: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Theodore wrote: "I love the KDP platform...

It took me about a hour last night to convert the paperback edition of my Spanish childrens book, Pepe Construye un Nido (Pepe Builds a Nest) to a Kindle edition. The la..."

I just received an e-mail from KDP that the French version now is on sale at Amazon.com. Unbelievable response time from Amazon, given the Word file was submitted to them only a few hours ago.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FNS6726

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Theodore wrote: "Theodore wrote: "I love the KDP platform...

It took me about a hour last night to convert the paperback edition of my Spanish childrens book, Pepe Construye un Nido (Pepe Builds a Nest) to a Kindl..."

That's brilliant, and it's already linked to the paperback and showing the review you have there.
I've just given it a tweet out from the product page.

message 8: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Alex wrote: "Theodore wrote: "Theodore wrote: "I love the KDP platform...

It took me about a hour last night to convert the paperback edition of my Spanish childrens book, Pepe Construye un Nido (Pepe Builds a..."

Thanks, Alex. I appreciate that.

And yes, it took less than an hour for Amazon to link the pages after I put the request in through Author Central. The support today has been terrific on the publication of both the Spanish and the French editions.

message 9: by Carmel (new)

Carmel Hanes | 459 comments Theodore wrote: "Alex wrote: "Theodore wrote: "Theodore wrote: "I love the KDP platform...

It took me about a hour last night to convert the paperback edition of my Spanish childrens book, Pepe Construye un Nido (..."

I've had the same experience with my one book. I got an email saying it would be operational within 3 to 5 days, and it took all of a few hours. Changes I make also go through within 24 hours. Been easy and pain-free so far. :) I'm glad to know yours has been as well. And congrats on having the translations. That's really cool!

message 10: by Theodore (last edited Jul 18, 2018 05:10PM) (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Carmel wrote: "Theodore wrote: "Alex wrote: "Theodore wrote: "Theodore wrote: "I love the KDP platform...

It took me about a hour last night to convert the paperback edition of my Spanish childrens book, Pepe Co..."

Thanks. The biggest problem I have now is with the Goodreads editors and getting the new editions posted. The requests have been up on the Editors' board for quite some time, but none has responded.

message 11: by Carole (last edited Jul 18, 2018 05:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carole P. Roman | 4583 comments Mod
Speaking of KDP- what do you guys think of the author Michael Scott-Earle- All his books were taken off Amazon for breaking TOS rules.

What rules do you think he broke, if any??

message 12: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Carole wrote: "Speaking of KDP- what do you guys think of the author Michael Scott-Earle- All his books were taken off Amazon for breaking TOS rules.

What rules do you think he broke, if any??"

I have no idea.

message 13: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 1490 comments Mod
Did you use the Amazon Kids' Book Creator tool for your conversion? I love that tool!

Carole P. Roman | 4583 comments Mod
Brittney does it for me. I used Ben's wife Chrissy, a lot. She was my Book Creator. lol

message 15: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 1490 comments Mod
She is on my list if I ever need to do an epub. :) The Amazon Kids'Book Creator only does mobi.

message 16: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1115 comments Carole wrote: "Speaking of KDP- what do you guys think of the author Michael Scott-Earle- All his books were taken off Amazon for breaking TOS rules.

What rules do you think he broke, if any??"

Oh dear! Worrying. Or was he really naughty?

message 17: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 1028 comments Gossip. What did he do? Technically I need to know so I don’t make the same mistake.

message 18: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments There have been several authors recently who had their books removed because they were book-stuffing (Amazon hasn't confirmed that that is why the books were removed but there's been a lot of talk about the subject) but I haven't heard of Michael Scott-Earle so I don't know if he's connected to it

message 19: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 1028 comments Oh that. Well if it is that, in my mind that kind of shenanigans falls into the realms of ‘what did you expect?’

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread