Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 72k YA fiction

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Bailey | 1 comments Seeking readers for my novel The Shakespeare Year. This book would be somewhat comparable to novels by John Greene (The Fault in Our Stars), Jennifer Niven (All the Bright Places, Holding Up the Universe), and Stacy McAnulty (The Miscalculations of Lightning Girl), although I have absolutely no delusions about being as good as they are. Here is the working blurb:

It’s been six months, and Anika still can’t get a handle on her depression. Her life is at a standstill, paralyzed by Bad Days and haunted by the loss of her grandmother. Even if she had the energy to get it moving again, she just can’t see the point. Surely it would be better--for herself, her family, and the rest of the world--if she could just stay in bed forever. But when her mom retracts her original plan to let Anika have a low-key year of homeschooling and forces her to go to a Shakespeare class, she finds herself pushed toward a new understanding of what life is worth and how to truly live it.

THE SHAKESPEARE YEAR examines the quiet bravery it takes to battle mental illness and establish the terms of one’s own existence.

Trigger warning: This book deals with themes of depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts, with one scene depicting a suicide attempt.

Help is much appreciated. Thanks!

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephpuma) | 8 comments Hello! I really enjoyed your blurb and would love to get the chance to beta for you!