CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2018 Weekly Threads > Week 29- What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 698 comments Mod
Our Online Book Club loves ties! We had a tie for August between To Kill a Mockingbird or The Scarlet Pimpernel. After drawing from a hat, our book for August will be.... The Scarlet Pimpernel!

Pick up your copy today!

What is everyone reading this week? I'm in the middle of prepping for my best friend's wedding on Friday (cue screaming). With all the running around and last minute adventures, you'd think I'd have no time for reading. But I decided this would be the perfect week to start four books. Lol.

I'm working on rereading my favorite childhood chapter books - Dinotopia - so I have #4 going right now. Plus I picked up The Intelligent Conversationalist because quick fact books are my jam. I'm working on the Witcher series so I have the second short story book out, Sword of Destiny. Then on Monday, my roommate introduced me to Studio Ghibli movies. Our first was Howl's Moving Castle, which is also a book. Guess what I ran out and grabbed at the library? I am definitely being a bit overly ambitious right now.

Do you ever get overly ambitious with the number of books you are trying to read at once?

Let us know what your current reads are!

Lost City (Dinotopia, #4) by Scott Ciencin The Intelligent Conversationalist 31 Cheat Sheets That Will Show You How to Talk to Anyone About Anything, Anytime by Imogen Lloyd Webber Sword of Destiny (The Witcher, #2) by Andrzej Sapkowski Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1) by Diana Wynne Jones

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber Krause (aekrause) | 4 comments Currently reading All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover :) It is amazing so far!

message 3: by Kayzee (new)

Kayzee | 61 comments Just finished The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager and quite enjoyed it, it even managed to give a few twists that genuinely surprised me. Now I'm currently reading Everything Is Awful and You're a Terrible Person by Daniel Zomparelli. Though, I am probably being overly ambitious as well since I still need to finish Strange Piece of Paradise by Terri Jentz, A Clash of Kings, and my Edgar Allen Poe short story collections.

The Last Time I Lied
Everything Is Awful and You're a Terrible Person
Strange Piece of Paradise

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 58 comments I am always overly ambitious and have a bunch going at once. I'm reading In Praise of Difficult Women by Karen Karbo as my nonfiction and working on The Shadow Children series by Margaret Peterson Haddix for fiction. I'm still listening to The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency in my car and very much enjoying listening to The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Karen Barnhill with my daughter through RBDigital. I then picked up a bunch of science biographies from the library today to help me in teaching science camps this summer.