Queen Maas' Assassins discussion

All Fan Theories & Discussions > Kingdom of Ash ~ Theories

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Lora (on hiatus) | 56 comments What are some of your kingdom of ash theories??

message 2: by Niamh (new)

Niamh (niamhhreads) | 2 comments It's not really a theory, because I don't think it's gonna happen, but I love the idea of Maeve as a valg possessing Aelin and wreaking havoc. I think that would be an amazing storyline.

message 3: by Paige (new)

Paige | 6 comments Anyone else think Dorian is gonna die? I think he will sacrifice himself to close the Wyrdgate so Aelin won’t have to. Since they come from same bloodline ?

message 4: by Nikita (new)

Nikita personally I hope no one dies but rather a combine of magic between Aelin and Dorian that will do what is needed and the sacrifice will be of their magic and not life.

message 5: by Paige (new)

Paige | 6 comments Nikita , I hope nobody dies , I love all the characters

message 6: by Nikita (last edited Jul 25, 2018 12:49PM) (new)

Nikita Paige wrote: "Nikita , I hope nobody dies , I love all the characters"

Me too but I fear Harry Potter like deaths awaits us in Kingdom of Ash

message 7: by Paige (new)

Paige | 6 comments I know , I’m excited but very terrified

Lora (on hiatus) | 56 comments Is it just me but i kinda hope..... that someone dies..... like not an allegiant kind of ending but not a perfect no one dies ending because that would be really unrealistic (this is a war after all).... AHHH DONT KILL ME

Lora (on hiatus) | 56 comments I just don't want Aelin to die!!!!

message 10: by Nikita (last edited Jul 26, 2018 06:50AM) (new)

Nikita As much as I don't want all my favorite characters to die, I am prepared for deaths. I didn't want those in Harry Potter to die but you are right Lora, it is war and deaths are expected. I'm just scared of who will die and how many of our favorites will survive. AH! I want October 23 now! End the suffering of waiting already

message 11: by Radss (new)

Radss (euphoria_of_books) | 3 comments Y'all I just want my baby Aelin to be happy and ajshdfkaj she's gone through so much :'(

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan Cheang | 142 comments I keep picturing Aelin reborn as a goddess, along with her friends.

message 13: by Z (new)

Z | 1 comments I think the Nehemiah and all the slaves killed will either come back and fight in the war or do some sing song and revive Aelin after she forged the lock

message 14: by aaaaaaa (new)

aaaaaaa We have a cover!!!!!! *starts screaming eternally* Search up kingdom of ash on here... And can we talk about how in her short stories, when she’s in the theatre with Sam and Lysandra and everyone how the play that she’s watching is about a man who goes to rescue a princess with his hawk???

message 15: by Lora (on hiatus) (new)

Lora (on hiatus) | 56 comments Anne wrote: "We have a cover!!!!!! *starts screaming eternally* Search up kingdom of ash on here... And can we talk about how in her short stories, when she’s in the theatre with Sam and Lysandra and everyone h..."

ikr!! so exciting ahhhh!!! and plot hole!!!

message 16: by Karen (new)

Karen | 44 comments I noted this in a different discussion, but as long as the book doesn't fail like the last one in the Divergent series (that book RUINED the series) and Aelin and Rowan are together (and not dead), I'm happy.

Who read the excerpt that came out a few days ago?

message 17: by Bhavika (new)

Bhavika Patel (bhavikapatel) Karen wrote: "I noted this in a different discussion, but as long as the book doesn't fail like the last one in the Divergent series (that book RUINED the series) and Aelin and Rowan are together (and not dead),..."

I DID!!!! I'M EMOTIONALLY WRECKED :( Honestly I don't know how I'm going to handle 992 pages of KofA
And Divergent really got messed up when she killed off Tris...

message 18: by Karen (last edited Aug 28, 2018 09:49AM) (new)

Karen | 44 comments Bhavika wrote: "Karen wrote: "I noted this in a different discussion, but as long as the book doesn't fail like the last one in the Divergent series (that book RUINED the series) and Aelin and Rowan are together (..."

The worst part wasn't just killing Tris off, it was the whole book, it was just a hot mess. So, as long as we aren't doing that, it'll be more acceptable, whatever the outcome. (I did find a fan fic of a totally different book to replace Allegiant.. MUCH better ending to the series).

But yes, Rowlin needs to stay together :) I did like the excerpt.. can't wait until Oct!!!

message 19: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 48 comments Just started rereading the TOG series in preparation for Kingdom of Ash and so far I only have one thing to say: I miss Sam Cortland.

message 20: by Emily ☾ (new)

Emily ☾ Reading the name Sam Cortland gets me every time 😞

message 21: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 48 comments How awesome would it be if Sam’s ghost visited Aelin like Elena’s did in the first book?

message 22: by Obesehomingpigeon (last edited Sep 02, 2018 04:10PM) (new)

Obesehomingpigeon | 14 comments I feel like a terrible person, because I don't give a crap about Sam.

description

But omg that excerpt

description
description

message 23: by Karen (new)

Karen | 44 comments Obesehomingpigeon wrote: "I feel like a terrible person, because I don't give a crap about Sam.

But omg that excerpt

"

I don't get the Sam thing either.. I get that he was her first love, but they were only together, what, maybe a month?? Not as much time for development and he kept wanting her to go places and booked passages without actually talking to her, plus, he didn't know the whole story, maybe that would have completely freaked him out. They were both so young (she's still so young though). (sorry, I'm older....so perspective).
I think the relationship with Rowan is much more established and "whole"/ mature.

message 24: by Savvy (new)

Savvy (nguyentoread) Paige wrote: "Anyone else think Dorian is gonna die? I think he will sacrifice himself to close the Wyrdgate so Aelin won’t have to. Since they come from same bloodline ?"

I feel like this is going to happen, but my heart isn't ready for it.

message 25: by Katie (new)

Katie | 8 comments I want Lorcan to die in a beautiful, sacrificial death, thus redeemed himself from Empire of Storms. I believe that Aelin will either die or lose her magic and be left with that drop of water magic. ThE WAteR MaGIc is the key. If she does survive, it will be because of that. Dorian is probably going to die and Manon will go on a killing spree afterwards.

message 26: by jenny ! (new)

jenny ! (jennycourtofcrows) Well, as many people have already said, Dorian's probably going to die, but can't we just have a happy ending where none of my babies die and they all live happily ever after and whatnot.

I mean, it's more heartbreaking if someone actually does die, but these characters are so dear to me it's like saying, well, it would make my life a lot more interesting and have more people pity me if my mom died. So I dON'T kNOW if I can take it if something happens to my cinnamon rolls.

Also, I want Dorian, Chaol, and Aelin to just sit around and... talk, I guess. I like to think of them as the Original Three, and they need to work out their relationships, because, well... Chaol's been gone for a while, and things weren't amazing between him and Aelin in QoS. Dorian just felt so distant from Aelin EoS, and I'm not sure why... they seemed fine at the end of QoS... am I missing something? Anyways, although I never shipped Celorian, not even in ToG, I love their friendship and I don't want them to lose that, or lose anything with Chaol.

Also (don't kill me please), but I don't ship Manorian. At all. But I love Manon by herself and she really can't get hurt. Or Asterin. Or anyone. Well except for Maeve, she can die in a ditch.

Also Lorcan and Elide need to get back together or else.

Or else.

Or else.

message 27: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (brittanybiesboergmailcom) | 70 comments Jenny (A Court of Six of Crows) wrote: "Well, as many people have already said, Dorian's probably going to die, but can't we just have a happy ending where none of my babies die and they all live happily ever after and whatnot.

I mean, ..."

it will probably be like acotar series with some near misses and maybe someone dies but comes back somehow. at least I hope so. even though I agree and it would be more realistic to have some main characters die. I think aelin and dorian will fix it together so neither will die or she will loose her immortality to do so and rowan will give up his which is a better ending since they wont outlive their friends.

Obesehomingpigeon | 14 comments Why is everyone saying Lorcan needs to redeem himself? It seems like you're all forgetting that Aelin and her court are not his friends or allies, he's literally there to take care of Elide and find more information about the third Wyrdkey, and when Ansel, who is a complete stranger to Lorcan, just showed up with an army he did what a rational person would do, call for help. Lorcan shouldn't have to redeem himself for EoS, because he never did anything wrong, and if Elide tries to hold it over him I am 100% on Lorcan's side.

message 29: by Brittany (last edited Sep 09, 2018 04:46PM) (new)

Brittany (brittanybiesboergmailcom) | 70 comments Obesehomingpigeon wrote: "Why is everyone saying Lorcan needs to redeem himself? It seems like you're all forgetting that Aelin and her court are not his friends or allies, he's literally there to take care of Elide and fin..."

message 30: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (brittanybiesboergmailcom) | 70 comments Obesehomingpigeon wrote: "Why is everyone saying Lorcan needs to redeem himself? It seems like you're all forgetting that Aelin and her court are not his friends or allies, he's literally there to take care of Elide and fin..." I agree with you 100%. Lorcan was just doing what he thought was best to try to protect her the only way he knew how. Besides if Maeve had not gotten aelin that way it would have been some other way. If you want to blame somebody for aelin being captured blame her allies for apparently having to stop at whatever is the equivalent of Starbucks in medieval times since they were so close to being on time to stopping all this

message 31: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Johnson | 4 comments Elide at the end scene drives me crazy! If she hadn’t insisted on sticking around Maeve couldn’t have used her to get aelin to do what she wanted!

And what if it’s lysandra that dies!? Like a day before her uncle gets there!? That I think would be absolutely heartbreaking. She has been through so much. To miss the chance to see her uncle. Or his pain on realizing that he was so close to seeing her but she had died before he got the chance! 😭

message 32: by Anum (new)

Anum | 61 comments Nikita wrote: "Paige wrote: "Nikita , I hope nobody dies , I love all the characters"

Me too but I fear Harry Potter like deaths awaits us in Kingdom of Ash"

I agree but I think Chaol is the character that is most likely to die. I mean I don't want to know who dies :(

message 33: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 48 comments I don’t think Chaol will be the one to die. He already almost died and became paralyzed in QoS so I don’t think SJM would put him in that situation again; she’d move on to someone new (maybe?)

message 34: by Raphaella (new)

Raphaella | 3 comments Is anyone else wondering if/when Nox Owen is gonna come back into this series, I’m mean he’s from Perranth which is in Terrasen, and he was sponsored by the Terrasen minister in the champion game, so I assumed that has something to do with it!

message 35: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 48 comments I hope Nox comes back!

Chapters of my life | 8 comments There was an event and SJM said Nox is coming back in KoA and Nehemia’s family is going to come too!!!

message 37: by Nikita (new)

Nikita I don't know I just want it now!

message 38: by Lora (on hiatus) (new)

Lora (on hiatus) | 56 comments RavenclawBooknerd wrote: "There was an event and SJM said Nox is coming back in KoA and Nehemia’s family is going to come too!!!"
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

message 39: by Emma (new)

Emma (eemmaa324) | 6 comments I feel like Nox is the expensive jeweler that Lysandra mentioned in the earlier books as one of her favorite jewelers... IM TOO EXCITED TO FIND OUT!!

message 40: by jenny ! (new)

jenny ! (jennycourtofcrows) I know everyone's already mentioned this but I can't wait to see Nox again? Like, I REALLY can't wait? Just think about how perfect this is. Aelin is calling in every debt owed to her, and she DID save Nox's life in book one. And, because it's SJM, it'll be even more epic.

Just think about it.

message 41: by Emma (new)

Emma (eemmaa324) | 6 comments I also think that the one in the group to die is going to be Aedion. It's heartbreaking but his story just isnt as evolved as the others, and it kind of leads there if I'm being honest, as it's someone close to Aelin and an important character in the books. I honestly think Sarah wont kill Rowan and Aelin because of their obvious predicament, Chaol/Yrene because of their's, Dorian because he's KING now, Manon because she's the last Crochan Queen, and Lysandra because she's yet t reunite with the uncle of her's that's looking for her.
Idk honestly dont want ANY of them to die

message 42: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Johnson | 4 comments Did I miss something where sjm said someone WAS going to die?? Why does everyone expect them to die?

message 43: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 48 comments Emma wrote: "I also think that the one in the group to die is going to be Aedion. It's heartbreaking but his story just isnt as evolved as the others, and it kind of leads there if I'm being honest, as it's som..."

I agree with your reasoning and that breaks my heart :( I continue to keep my fingers crossed that SJM won't completely destroy me with the end of this wonderful series.

message 44: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 48 comments Jessica wrote: "Did I miss something where sjm said someone WAS going to die?? Why does everyone expect them to die?"

I don't think she specifically said someone was going to die but she only promised the survival of Fleetfoot. As it's a series that has multiple wars going on throughout it, it's reasonable to expect someone important is going to die.

message 45: by Emma (new)

Emma (eemmaa324) | 6 comments Jenna wrote: "Emma wrote: "I also think that the one in the group to die is going to be Aedion. It's heartbreaking but his story just isnt as evolved as the others, and it kind of leads there if I'm being honest..."

Ikrrr, it just makes the most sense. Yeah, I really just want Sarah to give us the ending that we are all wanting. End game is that i just dont want Roan and Aelin to die in the end.

message 46: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 48 comments I really don't think she'll kill Aelin. Only Veronica Roth kills her main character. Her and Rowan and the two characters I'm least worried about dying.

message 47: by Karen (new)

Karen | 44 comments Jenna wrote: "I really don't think she'll kill Aelin. Only Veronica Roth kills her main character. Her and Rowan and the two characters I'm least worried about dying."
And VR did it in with writing it in the worst way..... but yes, I think she'll keep R and A going, she better!!!!

Obesehomingpigeon | 14 comments Unpopular opinion:

I think Aelin and Rowan are some of the worst characters in the series. They're just really boring to read about. If Rowan died I really wouldn't care, he's really not important to the plot at all other than to be "swoon worthy" to the readers. By the way, fun fact, Aelin marrying Rowan literally does NOTHING as he would not become a king, rather a prince consort, not to mention the fact that Aelin has not been corinated, so she is not technically a queen yet.

Anyway, I don't really have any beef with Aelin, it's just I find most of Maas's characters extremely repetitive in attitudes, and while these characters are entertaining their predictable behaviors tends to make me prefer more complex and unique characters like Mor, Lucien, Dorian, or Elide. These are just my late night thoughts, sorry if I offended you :c.

Obesehomingpigeon | 14 comments Another fun fact, Elide would inherit the throne before Rowan.

message 50: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 48 comments I hope Fenrys fights to take care of Aelin as best he can while she’s with Maeve. You know she’ll be traumatized on some level when Rowan inevitably rescues her, but Fenrys could at least prevent some of it. He’s probably my favorite of the cadre

« previous 1