SSPP Parents Book Club discussion

Pop Sugar Challenge #43 (Book read by stranger in a public place)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine | 10 comments Hey ladies,
At our book club last month a few people were commenting that this was a hard prompt to do because it was hard to find someone reading a book in public... well last week I was at my parents' community pool and there was a woman reading! I went over and asked what she was reading... she had "Calypso" by David Sedaris. She said it was really good and she reads all of his books. AND bonus, she had another book with her! "Snow Falling On Cedars" by David Guterson. I've already read this, so I'll probably try the first one... but now if you're desperate you have two choices!
We go on our first vacation this weekend (OCNJ) so I'll keep my eyes peeled for readers on the beach! The next weekend, we head to the mountains, so again, I'll be looking for books at the lodge! I'll let you know what I find ;)
Chris

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 19 comments I saw a woman at the pool today reading a book. However, it was one I already read and LOVED! The Nightingale. I am on the lookout too. You will have to let us know if Calypso is any good.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 19 comments Was Snow falling on Cedars any good?

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine | 10 comments I read it years and years ago- pre kids!
I think it was good, but I don't remember any details about it! They made it into a movie too.

message 5: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Wilson (dmb424) | 17 comments My other book club read Snow Falling in the Cedars this year and it was split with loving/hating it! It's one of the few books in life that I started and didn't finish!

message 6: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Wilson (dmb424) | 17 comments We're going to the Outer Banks Saturday so I hope to find some people reading in public. Does my family count? 😂

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 19 comments Wow, Danielle YOU didn't finish a book! 😉 I think if I do read it, I will proceed with caution! 🤣😂

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine | 10 comments Danielle- the prompt says "stranger"... so as long as the family member is more strange than you, go for it!!!

message 9: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Wilson (dmb424) | 17 comments Both of your comments are awesome, Ladies!