What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy - Anthology of Folktales from Around the World

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat | 1 comments Around ten or eleven years ago, my mom had this book that was a huge anthology of folktales, myths, and legends from around the world. The cover is the goldish, yellow cover with intricate designs on it with a set of eyes at the top. The title was something like 'Can You See Me?' and I can't find it ANYWHERE. I remember one of the legends was about a troll or an ogre guarding a bridge names Onigoru or Anigoru (something like that). Unfortunately, we lost the book and haven't found it since. I would like to buy this book as a gift for my mom for her birthday because it means a lot to us.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 37494 comments Mod
Kat, which countries are covered in this anthology?

Can you give more examples of the folktales/myths/legends?

Is this book for children, teens (young adults), or older adults?

About how many stories are in the book? Are they organized by themes or geography?

message 3: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 996 comments Could it be either of these?

The Mythology Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained
Stories to Solve: Folktales from Around the World

Did the stories have an overarching theme of some sort, possibly to do with sight/looking? I just wondered with you mentioning the eyes on the cover and the title being something like 'Can you see me?' Were you meant to look for things in the book or stories? You mentioned the cover being well illustrated. Were there illustrations inside?

message 4: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 996 comments I think I might have found it!

Is it Can You Guess My Name?: Traditional Tales Around the World by Judy Sierra?

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4068 comments Mod
Kat ~~
Any of these books ring a bell? Let us know so we can either stop looking, or continue to search our memories.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 41607 comments Mod
Kat, are you still looking for this or did you find it?