What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA murder mystery: Narrator's boyfriend's parents are killed and he is a suspect. The narrator's father is a police officer on the case. She has visions. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (new)

Eric Swindlehurst (StOrM1060) | 2 comments I read this around 2005. I want to say the title has something to do with silence or night or something. I could be wrong. SPOILER:

The spoiler is that you think the murderer is the boyfriend because his uncle set him up. The uncle is the actual murderer and the murder weapon, which was knife that they found near the boyfriend, was actually the uncle's knife because they had matching sets. The girl is in high school, I believe.

I was a kid when my family listened to it on tape. I'd guess anywhere from 2001-2006. I can't really remember setting, except that there is a part where the uncle and boyfriend go camping so it must be near woods. Also, it was published in English.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36481 comments Mod
Eric, what country is the story set in?

Was her boyfriend's family vacationing alone in the woods? Does he have siblings or a pet?

message 3: by Eric (new)

Eric Swindlehurst (StOrM1060) | 2 comments Kris wrote: "Eric, what country is the story set in?

Was her boyfriend's family vacationing alone in the woods? Does he have siblings or a pet?"

Sorry for the late reply. He did not have any siblings. I'm not sure about pets, but there could have been a dog. It was set in the United States.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40558 comments Mod
Eric, still looking or did you find this?