Bite Me =] discussion

Faeries* > Good Fairy Books?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy castaneda (ncasta69) | 4 comments I am reading Fragile Eternity by Mellisa Marr now, but was wondering if anyone could let me know of other great books like these to read, I already own and read Wicked Lovely and Ink Exchange. Thanks for the help.

message 2: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 18 comments I haven't actually read a feary book yet, but I'm about to start my first one and I'm super excited about it. it's called spell hunter by RJ Anderson. its suppose to be a part of a series called faery rebels.

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo I want to read Wicked Lovely. Someone told me that that series is the best for faeries

message 4: by Nancy (new)

Nancy castaneda (ncasta69) | 4 comments This is my first series on faeries that I have read, and it is a very good one, I am glad I bought the set.

Jo wrote: "I want to read Wicked Lovely. Someone told me that that series is the best for faeries"

message 5: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 18 comments I really want to read Wicked Lovely too!

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) War for the Oaks is good but it's for older audiences. Idk how old anyone is so.....
But I like Tithe by Holly Black. It's good

message 7: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Wings is a really good fairy book it uses a different way of explaining fairies which i found really interesting

message 8: by Caitlin Cierra (new)

Caitlin Cierra (caitterbug) Need by Carrie Jones,Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston...and Wicked Lovely series are the only fae books that I have read..so far..Wicked Lovely is by far the best of the bunch(: I really want to read Wings and Tithe.

message 9: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (krististern) Hi! Jenna Black has a great series:

Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker, #1) by Jenna Black which is about modern day Faery that exists in its own sovereign nation outside of England called Avalon. It's about a girl named Dana who is a Faerie-walker. It's a great book!

Her sequel is Shadowspell (Faeriewalker, #2) by Jenna Black due out in January.

I love all things Fey. Thought I'd add it to the list!

message 10: by Angelica (last edited Nov 24, 2010 09:10AM) (new)

Angelica (jelly_aica) | 5 comments Iron king series (personally my fave), Wicked lovely series, Need series, and glimmerglass were all good faerie books.

message 11: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (krististern) Shanna and Nancy,
You should definitely read the Wicked Lovely series, Nancy-Darkest Mercy will be out soon there's excerpts on Melissa Marr's Forum. It's a great series.

I agree with Angelica, The Iron King series is awesome, too, I was lucky enough to get an ARC of The Iron Queen and was floored by it.

The Need series was great but went downhill in Captivate.

The Laurel Series I loved-eagerly awaiting the next book.

Maggie Steifvater's Books of Faerie are good.

Amanda Hocking has a great series, not about faeries so much but about trolls, LOL, not the short squat-hide under a bridge troll but a more mythical type. It's a trilogy--The Trylle Trilogy: First book is Switched-Second is Torn and Third is Ascend (due out December).
Hope this helps!
-Kristi

message 12: by Xia (new)

Xia (xiat) You should check out Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series. I love it! There's a love triangle, action and everything. I highly recommend it.

message 13: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (krististern) LOL, Xia, that's what I said in the post right above :o]
But I couldn't agree more. I received an ARC of The Iron Queen and it was amazing!
Do you like any other Fey series? I think I've read most of the majors but I'm always open for suggestions!

message 14: by Xia (last edited Dec 18, 2010 10:18AM) (new)

Xia (xiat) I can't wait for The Iron Queen! I don't know how everyone's getting an ARC of it. I want one, too! haha
The other Fey book that I've read was Bitter Frost by Kailin Gow, but it didn't really catch my interest like The Iron King. Other than that I haven't read any other Fey books.

message 15: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (jelly_aica) | 5 comments Lea wrote: "Wicked Lovely is the reason why I love the Fae! I've read more but have never found any as fantastic as what Melissa Marr has done. Lament and Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater are neat ones but she do..."
me too I started loving the fae world after wicked lovely XP

message 16: by Danielle's Books (new)

Danielle's Books (daniellesbooks) The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa, hands down. This is truly my favorite series ever. I just finished the last book The Iron Warrior and I nearly cried because I was so sad that the series had to come to an end... I also recommend the play A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare. Without this play one of the best characters from The Iron Fey wouldn't exist!