What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young Adult Book - About a girl who can see ghosts

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole  Moynihan | 6 comments I read a book probably in middle school. It was young adult fiction and probably written in the 90's. Definitely not a recent book because I was quite young when I read it. A girl can either dream or see ghosts. As a child she didn't realize she was seeing dead bodies and thought they were dolls (I believe she would see them as she slept). As a teenager she tries to help solve a murder or series of murders. I don't remember much else. Can anyone help?

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments The Mediator series? First book is Shadowland.

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole  Moynihan | 6 comments No It's definitely not Shadowland. That was written in 2004 I think. This was read in the 90's so it's an older book.

message 4: by Incog (new)

Incog Nito | 100 comments The Ghost Files by Apryl Baker

message 5: by Incog (new)

Incog Nito | 100 comments The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40644 comments Mod
Nicole, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole  Moynihan | 6 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Nicole, are you still looking for this or did you find it?" I was never able to find out what book it was that I read as a teenager. Do you have any suggestions?

message 8: by David (new)

David Añez | 391 comments Hi, Nicole.

I take that you have discarded the suggestions in #4 and #5?

If they are not, have you remembered any additional detail since your initial post?

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole  Moynihan | 6 comments It's definitely not the above suggestions. I don't think the book was part of any series. And no I don't remember much else. Just a teenager who know from a young age she was able to see stuff. As a child she thought the bodies were dolls but as she got older understood she was seeing dead bodies. I believe the story might revolve around catching a serial killer who ends up targeting her. That's all I remember and some of that might be be fully correct.

message 10: by Julia (new)

Julia Raymer- Brito | 7 comments Maybe Spirit Legacy by E.E. Holmes?

message 11: by David (new)

David Añez | 391 comments Spirit Legacy by E.E. Holmes, Julia's suggestion.

Maybe The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting?
"Violet is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes that the dead leave behind in the world... and the imprints that attach to their killers."
"But now that a serial killer is terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he's claimed haunt her daily, she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him."

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole  Moynihan | 6 comments David,

The Body Finder sounds so much like the book I read except that I know I read it in High School so it's not possible it's the same book. I graduated in 1998!! So bizarre that this book sounds so much like the one I read.

message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole  Moynihan | 6 comments Definitely not Spirit Legacy although this sounds like a good read!

message 14: by David (new)

David Añez | 391 comments Nicole wrote: "David,

The Body Finder sounds so much like the book I read except that I know I read it in High School so it's not possible it's the same book. I graduated in 1998!! So bizarre that this book soun..."

Oops, sorry, I missed the year detail.

Honestly so weird that it seems to match a lot.

Back to searching I guess...