Why Christianity? discussion

Minor topics > Weirdest Bible verse?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle | 469 comments Mod
I just dealt with an atheist who threw numerous Bible verses at me to disprove The validity of Christianity. All were easily explainable.

I know many weird verses- but strangely: atheists never do enough research to toss those around.

Any favourites?

message 2: by Cherie (new)

Cherie | 18 comments I'll bite. What about the Nephilim mentioned in Genesis chapter 6?

"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown." (Gen 6.4)

My mom likes to think these mighty men of old were the ancestors/relatives of Goliath

Also- anyone know what seraphim were and/or looked like? :) This is a source of GREAT debate in our house

message 3: by Rod (new)

Great verses. I've heard some freakishly poor understandings of those verses.

I like to think I figured out the Nephilim issue. But few will accept it's Simple explanation

message 4: by Rod (new)

I've given seraphim very little thought. Makes for a fun debate

message 5: by Rod (new)

Genesis 6
2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose.

Sons of God is not as clear as many think.

message 6: by Rod (new)

Romans 8
14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

message 7: by Rod (new)

Really? Nobody has any weird bible verses they want to share or discuss? I'll post some

message 8: by Rod (new)

Good verse: proverbs 31

6 Give strong drink to the one who is perishing, and wine to those in bitter distress;

I just realized THAT may be a hint of a prophecy regarding Jesus' last moments. Hmmm...