What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Last Anniversary
This topic is about The Last Anniversary
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Mystery/fiction. A woman comes to live on an Island, mystery about missing parent and abandoned baby. Spoiler in comments. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by dell (new)

dell (dell-i) | 3 comments I loved this book but cannot remember author or title. Read it earlier this year.
A woman comes to live in a house on an island, It belonged to an elderly woman or relative of hers. Might be a diary, not sure. On the island is an old mystery: a baby is found abandoned in her home. The baby is now an adult woman, who with her family, make money from tours of the home of the "abandoned baby", who is now the adult woman who sits near the house. There are a bunch of relatives, including a daughter/niece in an unhappy marriage, but she either loses weight or has a boyfriend. The ultimate twist is that SPOILER HERE!! the grown "abandoned baby" story is somewhat made up to hide the fact that the assumed adult who was the niece is actually the daughter of her older "sister". Any suggestions? thanks!

Emma Bailey | 102 comments I think this is the last anniversary by lianne moriarty.

If not this it's one of her others I think as I'm sure it's set in australia. I've definitely read it!

message 3: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments The Last Anniversary - Emma’s suggestion

message 4: by dell (new)

dell (dell-i) | 3 comments Kym wrote: "The Last Anniversary - Emma’s suggestion"

Emma wrote: "I think this is the last anniversary by lianne moriarty.

If not this it's one of her others I think as I'm sure it's set in australia. I've definitely read it!"

YES!! That's it! I've been going crazy because I loved it but couldnt remember the title. Thank you!!!