Must Love Dogs book group discussion

Wallace: The Underdog Who Conquered a Sport, Saved a Marriage, and Championed Pit Bulls-- One Flying Disc at a Time
This topic is about Wallace
Book Discussion: Wallace

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cara Achterberg (caraachterberg) | 19 comments Mod
Hi Group!

I hope you've enjoyed reading Wallace! This is our first discussion - so, a couple things -

First, my only rule is: Everybody is entitled to an opinion - we're all friends and dog lovers here, so keep it kind.

And second, I'm new at this and don't completely understand how the Goodreads world works, so feel free to make suggestions and please forgive any confusion my unqualified leadership brings about!

Thirdly, this isn't an exclusive club, so invite others to join - the more the merrier.

Okay, on to book club!

Tell us what you thought of the book and if you've got a question for Jim Gorant, post it here and I'm going to gather them all up (along with mine) and shoot him an email later this week for the answers, which I'll post.

Gina Moltz | 14 comments I thoroughly enjoyed this book! My main problem was trying to follow descriptions of the moves they did for shows. I need a video!!

Yes! I'm going to look for some!

Gena - My Book Reviews for You | 7 comments I liked the way that the story was written like a novel. This made it easy and enjoyable to read.

Questions:
How did Jim know Brad's story?

How did Jim first get involved with Wallace and his family (Roo and Clara)?

Great questions Gena (two I'd like to ask also)!

Gina Moltz | 14 comments I think I found a Wallace movie. Wonder if it follows book or is a separate entity.

Really? Cannot imagine a stunt guy doing those tricks with another pitbull!

This video was amazing - made me cry - what an amazing dog!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikGFt...

Gina Moltz | 14 comments That was exactly what I needed! My teeth hurt when they did the spin with Wallace holding on by teeth. You can definitely see how happy he was when he caught frisbees!

Gena - My Book Reviews for You | 7 comments Thank you for the video! I was crying too!

message 11: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Okay Must Love Dogs bookgroup - last call for questions for Jim about Wallace! I'm going to get in touch with him first thing tomorrow!