African American Beta Readers/Reviewers discussion

Urban Fiction/Street Lit > Seeking Beta Reader for realistic urban fiction drama

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Syntell (new)

Syntell Smith | 2 comments Greetings,

I’m looking for Beta Readers for my Urban Realistic Fiction Novel, “Call Numbers”. It’s a Slice of Life Drama surrounding the diverse staff of a library in New York City during the 90’s (1994). This is a gritty, adult story with serious social commentary as the library employees are divided and engaged in political feuds over policies to serve the public. It’s 18 Chapters around 106k, I’m looking to start in August.

Blurb:
Robin Walker is an Eighteen-year-old full-time college student starting at the 58th Street Branch Library. Working part-time in the afternoon through the evening, he discovers a hostile work environment with two opposing camps as they clash on various policies to serve the public. A naive and susceptible nonchalant he’s forced to take sides in the struggle of elitist versus traditionalist at the dawn of the information age.

message 2: by Asha (new)

Asha Fields | 2 comments Syntell wrote: "Greetings,

I’m looking for Beta Readers for my Urban Realistic Fiction Novel, “Call Numbers”. It’s a Slice of Life Drama surrounding the diverse staff of a library in New York City during the 90’..."

Hello! Did you still need a beta reader. Feel free to send me your first five pages or a five-page sample. I do free beta reading samples, so I'd be happy to be look over.

message 3: by Syntell (new)

Syntell Smith | 2 comments Sure, I am still looking, I can send you the first five pages no problem.