The Grounds' Book Reviews discussion

The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery
This topic is about The Road Back to You
Book Reviews > "The Road Back to You"

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

The Grounds Bookstore & Cafe (thegrounds) | 7 comments Mod
-by Ali Seiwert (Grounds Volunteer)

Continuing the Enneagram research, Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile’s book, "The Road Back to You" immediately gears you up for what the Enneagram has in store for you - with relatable stories and immense detail about every number on this psychological but highly spiritual diagram.

The book begins with how you can utilize the Enneagram diagram to find your own number and who God has created you to be, but it also sets the stage for the upcoming chapters of the book. As you start discovering your number - your true self - you begin to wonder how others work and how God created them. The "Road Back to You" turns your thinking outward to others, not in a judgmental sense, but where God begins ripping open your heart with grace, selflessness, compassion, love, and forgiveness. You can't help to feel the presence of the Holy Spirit nudging you to learn about the other numbers and other people, to understand them, and to serve them at their feet.

This book can become eye-opening not only to learn more about yourself, but more importantly, to learn about God.

“The Enneagram shows us that we can't change the way other people see, but we can try to experience the world through their eyes and help them change what they do with what they see… The Enneagram is a tool that awakens our compassion for people just as they are, not the people we wish they would become so our lives would become easier.”

You'll find it quite a challenge to pick up this book and not feel your heart change toward those Christ has given His life for.

message 2: by Bev (new) - added it

Bev Joffe | 1 comments Wow, Ali, I really love how you described the book so concisely! It's how I felt about it but could not explain it as eloquently. I suggested this book to another book club I'm in and they have taken to it quite eagerly. One of my friends found out she is the same number as I and suggested we could "be 9 buddies and encourage each other." How cool is that! I hope that we all learn and grow, and become closer to God and each other.