Silence for the Dead Silence for the Dead discussion

DNF - WAAY TOO MUCH!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie I have been DNF-ing way too many books, lately. Does anyone have ANY suggestions? I have been into historical fiction, as of late, as you can see by my Currently Reading list.
Please help me! I despise starting books and not being hooked by them. In my opinion, life is just too short to finish a book you don't like! My most recent DNF is attached to this post.

message 2: by Jamie (last edited Jul 31, 2018 02:14PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie Gogocha A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn is a really fun historical mystery. It has great atmosphere, a compelling story, and two deliciously snarky characters. It's also the first in a series.

Black Rabbit Hall by Eve Chase has alternating view points that explore the past and present as the reader tries to unravel the tragic history of the house. What I loved about that book was the way the house itself was sort of written as a character.

I'm not sure if you've checked out Simone St. James' other books, but The Haunting of Maddy Clare and An Inquiry into Love and Death are both great books.

Hopefully this will be of some help!

Rebecca Wittman I would definitely agree with the Haunting of Maddie Clare. That is the book that hooked me on St. James. I will try Black Rabbit Hall. It sounds interesting.