UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Agony Aunt > Kindle has muddled my collections!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (last edited Jul 17, 2018 03:49AM) (new)

Jo Weston (joster) | 7 comments I have a fairly old Kindle, it has approximately 500 books on it. Historically, I've added books as I've bought them and then popped into a particular collection depending on Genre. Once I've read them, I move them to "read" folder.

I haven't used the device in a while, but when I went to get it ready for holiday reading, I discovered that all 500 books are now just listed ad infinitum, and are not in their collections. Also, when I move a book to "read" it stays in the main list - really annoying! The collections are still there - they have the books in them, but the books are also in the main list of the device, which they never were before.

Have I inadvertently changed a setting, or is it time for a new Kindle? Will I have to reorganise all my collections when I load onto a new device??? Thanks, expert peeps for your help.

message 2: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18544 comments Are the books all in the cloud rather than on the device?

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo Weston (joster) | 7 comments On the device, I send all purchases automatically to it.

message 4: by Pam (new)

Pam Baddeley | 3112 comments There was an update, last time some year, which was meant to be applied to various old model of Kindle - had to do it for my Kindle Keyboard. Could this be the problem?

message 5: by Hock (new)

Hock Tjoa (hockgtjoa) | 4 comments I *think* all your purchased kindle books are also on your kindle /amazon account. Try rummaging there.

message 6: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 17 comments often updates change the sort back to Recent. Change it to Collections and all will be well