Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Blighted City (The Fractured Tapestry #1)
This topic is about The Blighted City
Book Cover Help > Please update to the new cover image

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Scott Kaelen (scottkaelen) | 21 comments Please update The Blighted City's kindle cover to the new version and make it the primary version of the book. Many thanks.

Here is the link to the Kindle version on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Blighted-City-...

Let me know if you need a higher-res image. I would have uploaded the new cover to the book's photos here on Goodreads, but it seems to not be allowed so I didn't.

message 2: by Leslynn (new)

Leslynn | 117 comments ACE created and set as default on your profile: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

Scott Kaelen (scottkaelen) | 21 comments Leslynn wrote: "ACE created and set as default on your profile: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show..."
Thank you. Some issues seem to be occurring since you did this, though. I forgot this post was still up, otherwise I would have deleted it because I had a Goodreads Librarian sort it for me five weeks ago. (This post is six and a half weeks old.) Now, the old cover is the one that's being shown on Goodreads links on Twitter, whereas for the last five weeks it's been the new cover. And the little thumbnail of the new cover (the 'city' cover) that is shown on the book's GR page under "other editions", when clicked on it it takes me to a kindle edition which until today was showing the new cover on its page, but is now showing the old cover (the 'crypt' cover). Also, when I go directly to the book's "Status Updates" page (the one where we can see readers' progress), the main image and the progress thumbnails for that are now the old 'crypt' cover. Plus, the new edition which looks like it was created today is showing the publication date as "June 2018", but the publication date is January 15th 2018 like on the other editions. I have double-checked to ensure that the 'city' cover is the main edition for the book, but I can't figure out why all those anomalies are occuring with images reverting back to the old cover in various places. It's very important that visitors immediately and only see the new cover, especially because I'm entering book and cover contests. Is there some way we can purge the old cover from being seen on the places I mentioned (aswell as all others, wherever possible)?

message 4: by Olivia (last edited Jul 31, 2018 02:07PM) (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Hi Scott,
the librarian who changed the cover on the existing editon did it against the Goodreads policy.
These changes had been reverted.

If you had this edition linked anywhere (e.g. on Twitter) it will show an old cover as it was and is an old cover edition.

The alternate cover edition with the new cover was now created.
The publication date for an alternate-cover edition should be the date the book was released with the new cover, not the date the book with that ISBN or ASIN was originally published.

Please also note that Goodreads does not delete out-of-print books or editions, including previous cover editions.

message 5: by Leslynn (new)

Leslynn | 117 comments Thanks Olivia for the update to Scott's concerns! Scott, if you have any further questions, please contact support@goodreads.com - we're happy to help.