Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Update Title and Cover of Book

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new)

Jon Evans (jonevans) | 27 comments The Mutilated Merchant has a new title - Thieftaker - and a new cover.

I'm not sure how I can change either of these things. Is this something a librarian has to do or can/should I be doing this myself?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thieftaker-E...

Happy to do it myself (perhaps you add a new edition?) but I'd rather ask before doing it wrong and then having to get it corrected.

Thanks, Jon Evans

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Hi Jon,
here are the instructions if you want to give it a go.
Adding an Alternate Cover Edition
Please post when you are done and we will double check it or let us know if it's to much for you :)

message 3: by Jon (new)

Jon Evans (jonevans) | 27 comments Ok. So I tried to add an alternate edition, but it doesn't like that the ASIN is already in use. The error given is:

"1 error prohibited this book from being saved:
Asin is taken by an existing book with the title "The Mutilated Merchant (The Edrin Loft Mysteries #1)". Search for B074RTD3DT in the header to view it. If you believe this is an error please double-check your data, then check the Goodreads Librarians group. ASINs are optional so you can also add this book without an ASIN."

Should I be editing the existing book, deleting the existing cover photo, and adding a new one?

Thanks - Jon Evans

message 4: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments I've set up the new edition and the series page.

You can change the default edition by following these steps:

1) Navigate to the book's page. Be sure you have selected the edition you wish to become the default (primary) edition.

2) Click "edit details" below the book's description.

3) On the right side of the page, click "Set this book as the primary edition for this work". It's about midway down the page.

Only Goodreads Authors can set the default edition at this time.

message 5: by Jon (new)

Jon Evans (jonevans) | 27 comments Monique wrote: "I've set up the new edition and the series page.

You can change the default edition by following these steps:

1) Navigate to the book's page. Be sure you have selected the edition you wish to bec..."

Great, thanks for that Monique :) I don't think I'd ever have worked out the correct steps :)